Artifact Ideas

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tailoring was great when most people used robes instead of plate, and splendors weren't overshadowed by the same plate. I could go buy some basic armor from Joe Forge and have it be better than the armor values I'm getting from my Transcendent skill. Shears were mostly great for getting back some of the cost of robes, which...yep, barely comes into play anymore! Allowing nearly everyone who used to wear robes to use plate instead with no drawbacks has made my favorite tradeskill mostly irrelevant, mechanics-wise.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, most of the trades are pretty bad. Tailoring is in a bad place because a) armor outperforms robes for most people, and b) Most people don't wear anything besides armor/robes and shoes because of the clothing system. B might be changing, there have been a few attempts to point out A and fix it that have been shot down. So. 
  • I pointed out that mages should wear robes, not armour, but apparently it was decided they should have access to it.

The solution at this point will be to make armour and robes have the same protection rating, so people basically choose which one they want for customisation.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Or provide better armour enhancements so that the robes having an extra enhancement slot is actually a decent selling point.

Unfortunately, an envoy report aiming to start in that direction got turned down.
  • Lerad said:
    I pointed out that mages should wear robes, not armour, but apparently it was decided they should have access to it.

The solution at this point will be to make armour and robes have the same protection rating, so people basically choose which one they want for customisation.

Oh I love this idea.

It always felt kind of weird that mages and warriors went around wearing the same armour.
  • Yea I thought that was kind of weird as well. Pre overhaul vs post overhaul armour. Bards can be tankier to physical damage than warriors now.
  • Saran said:
    Could we have a way to convert beasts permanently to dwellers? 

Maybe a different version of the existing collar, which strips away all their beast stuff (maybe 100 credits? with 150 required to upgrade them to a full dweller?).

Mostly I'd like it because I have a few beasts and I really don't need them, I just like them and it'd be nice to be able to always have my phoenix around.

The collars would be exclusive so you can't switch between the two, and the one suggested would mean no beast artifacts work on them (unless they work on dwellers).

Mostly inspired by me wanting my Strix to be a dweller >_>
    Just adding to this, could have two versions. One that makes it a inventory resetting pet, and one that you place in your manse that makes them reset to that spot (though might cause issues with a possible sale).
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I would definitely consider an artifact / option like that.  I had a custom pet when beasts were released so I have never bothered to get one.  If I could get some and let them roam (without the silly upkeep requirements), I might actually do so.
  • A never ending smudge arti that lets you build smudges without using herbs.

Kind of like the never ending tarot card or dream mote.
  • Actually an artifact that 1/2s herb usage kind of how arti vials 1/2 sip usage would be amazing as well if that could be done.
  • Veyils said:
    A never ending smudge arti that lets you build smudges without using herbs.

I love this idea, as long as it works like you propose and reduces the cost to zero rather than functionally being an artifact runestone that stays in your inventory forever.

As much fun as multiple consecutive quickburns would be, I doubt other people would appreciate the humor.
  • Jaspet said:
    Veyils said:
    A never ending smudge arti that lets you build smudges without using herbs.

I love this idea, as long as it works like you propose and reduces the cost to zero rather than functionally being an artifact runestone that stays in your inventory forever.

As much fun as multiple consecutive quickburns would be, I doubt other people would appreciate the humor.
    Literally lol'd. Forums would blow up.
  • @Estarra

With the monk overhaul now at least implemented, non-overhaul afflictions no longer exist. That means myrtle/coltsfoot/faeleaf smoking is, as far as I know, "retired" and no longer of use.

Wondering if we could get a brief period, or a limited number of, full tradein values for pipe runes, please?  :*

• Versalean said:
    Tome of the Learned (500ag)

READing this tome gives you 100 lessons.

Just make it so that you get 30 lessons per 100 goop. Not really a need for an artifact.

That said, if they wanted to also make an artifact for the teacher tarot card (a tome of some sort), I don't think most people would be hurt.
  • Steingrim said:
    Versalean said:
    Tome of the Learned (500ag)

READing this tome gives you 100 lessons.

Just make it so that you get 30 lessons per 100 goop. Not really a need for an artifact.
    I could totally get behind this. I thought an artefact would be the correct vehicle for this, but a straight switch would work for me.
  • @Estarra @Ianir: Most of us didn't want pet curios.

This:

You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in colorful flowers, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly pull a package containing twenty-five pet curios from within.
    You've unwrapped an EXCEPTIONAL present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

Opposite of exciting! :(

Since we didn't know what was going on with the curios, a lot of us flat out bought them with credits. :( To now have them clogging our present counter is gift of the magi stuff haha!

Perhaps give pet curio packages a tradein value? I think that would make them still exciting to get for everyone!
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I have been telling people to save the presents until next month.
  • Kinda wish that newspost had come up before I opened sixty-ish presents.

• Falaeron said:
    You cant. they will decay.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Breandryn said:
    Falaeron said:
    You cant. they will decay.
    That sounds like a bug.
  • Falaeron said:
    That sounds like a bug.
    Definitely a bug. If your presents (or anything you bought with credits) has a decay timer, BUG it and MSG IANIR immediately.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited May 2017
    Wildewood hat? Or some other way to stay looking like a wildewood all the time?

Wyrdenwoods too of course, it's just I kinda want to switch class but not being a tree would make me sad now heh.
  • edited May 2017
    Saran said:

Wyrdenwoods too of course, it's just I kinda want to switch class but not being a tree would make me sad now heh.
    Gnome and Fink hats too, please.
  • Tirah said:
    Saran said:

Gnome and Fink hats too, please.
    500cr each.