Artifact Ideas

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Versalean said:
    Tirah said:
    Saran said:
    Wildewood hat? Or some other way to stay looking like a wildewood all the time?

Wyrdenwoods too of course, it's just I kinda want to switch class but not being a tree would make me sad now heh.
    Gnome and Fink hats too, please.
    500cr each.
    Hats are just so when you look at a person or honors them they appear that race, doesn't give you the actual stats or emotes.
  • Selenity said:
    Versalean said:
    Tirah said:
    Saran said:
    Wildewood hat? Or some other way to stay looking like a wildewood all the time?

Wyrdenwoods too of course, it's just I kinda want to switch class but not being a tree would make me sad now heh.
    Gnome and Fink hats too, please.
    500cr each.
    Hats are just so when you look at a person or honors them they appear that race, doesn't give you the actual stats or emotes.
    Aight, my bad. 250cr each.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Don't racehats cost dingbats?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Six of one, half a dozen of the other
  • Some sort of tuning device that allows tuning on any weapon with multiple damage types.

Upgrade to the card of pluripotent possibilities to a deck of pluripotent possibilities, all cards infinite use.
  • Shedrin said:
    An artifact to raise the max karma cap to 200. This would have a different practical effect than the karma charm as you could go longer from max karma before you reach zero when you have several karma blessings. This would be nice, if it was cheap enough, so that I could max out and not have to worry for longer when I'm trying to do events, RP, fight or just generally anything but hunt and influence over a longer period of time.
    This is a really good idea. Problem at the moment is that many of the blessings are 'okay', but are never going to be selected in favour of the obvious ones. So even the present soft cap means that half of them are never going to see the light of day.
  • edited May 2017
    This is probably incredibly complicated, but could we maybe get an artifact book that you can tune to a bookshelf.

You'd be able to access a list of all of the books in that bookshelf that you can see and use a command to either summon a copy of any book you'd be able to checkout or change the contents of the artifact book to match the contents of such a book.

I really actually like having a collection of books in my little library, yet also... kinda lazy when it comes to going back and checking them out so it'd be nice. Could also have them work for guild bookshelves too.

The owner of the manse or an archivist of the guild could have a command to see anything tuned to the shelf and cut it off the connection so if someone sneaks in, or leaves the guild, they don't have any access anymore.
  • Saran said:
    This is probably incredibly complicated, but could we maybe get an artifact book that you can tune to a bookshelf.

You'd be able to access a list of all of the books in that bookshelf that you can see and use a command to either summon a copy of any book you'd be able to checkout or change the contents of the artifact book to match the contents of such a book.
    Probably not going to happen any time soon. Anything involving libraries and books at the moment is a huge pain, and short of bugs, it's probably not going to be expanded upon until I have time to fix a lot of the preexisting problems with libraries.

Saran said:

The owner of the manse or an archivist of the guild could have a command to see anything tuned to the shelf and cut it off the connection so if someone sneaks in, or leaves the guild, they don't have any access anymore.
    As much as some people might hate hearing this, I'm not a fan of adding a way to prevent people from stealing public guild books if they can break into a guildhall. Information is power, and power is an RP hook.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:

Saran said:

As much as some people might hate hearing this, I'm not a fan of adding a way to prevent people from stealing public guild books if they can break into a guildhall. Information is power, and power is an RP hook.
    Yeah, I don't mind so much.
    The idea was that it would be the responsibility of the guild to check regularly so the "thief" would have access until the guild actually checks and boots them off, but also wouldn't have access forever if they managed to get in once.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You can't steal books if you break into a guildhall currently. 
  • Are the library not restricted to permissions anyway? Like I cant go to gaudis library and read their books.
  • A portable book shelf for all those times when you sneak into a guild hall to steal all of their books.
  • Shusher Wand (200cr)

Deletes one ISSUE that has been filed against you.

Image result for home shusher wand

• What does it look like, @Veyils?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited June 2017
    It's from the (children's) movie Boov Home. The wonders of google.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Make wonderpipes smokeable pipes
  • Maligorn said:
    It's from the (children's) movie Boov. The wonders of google.
    The movie's called Home, bru. Don't believe everything google tells you.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm repulsed by and enamored of that idea in equal measure.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Veyils said:
    Skin cloak.

You can tattoo a full set of tattoos on the skin cloak and wearing the skin cloak means you get the benefits from just the tattoos on skin cloak not on your body.

The entire idea behind this is a tool for classflexing. So that I can have a tattoo set for bard and one for warrior and monk etc and then I can switch tattoos as needed akin to how I can do that with other stuff already.
    The actual effect sounds miserable to implement but doable. I'm more intrigued and amused however by how 'Ed Gein' we're getting with this one though. 
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Just make the cloak out of a hundred screaming faces!
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Ianir said:
    Veyils said:
    Skin cloak.

You can tattoo a full set of tattoos on the skin cloak and wearing the skin cloak means you get the benefits from just the tattoos on skin cloak not on your body.

The entire idea behind this is a tool for classflexing. So that I can have a tattoo set for bard and one for warrior and monk etc and then I can switch tattoos as needed akin to how I can do that with other stuff already.
    The actual effect sounds miserable to implement but doable. I'm more intrigued and amused however by how 'Ed Gein' we're getting with this one though. 

Perhaps the cloak applies the tattoos to the person overwriting any existing ones? Or maybe it is a magical tattoo needle that uses telekinesis to apply a tattoo.
  • Tridemon said:
    Just make the cloak out of a hundred screaming faces!
    @Tridemon

W-was that an Exalted reference!? Please say it was an Exalted reference!!
  • I... don't even know what Exalted is? Can you eat it?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • [Something vaguely Hallifaxian, about the imposition of order]

So I was thinking like an artefact that you activate and it breaks down all your partial curios and then builds all of your curio pieces into completes, and partials that make sense (e.g., tries to complete one with all available pieces before putting duplicates into a second one).

I'd drop some credits on this. Although Xenthos is about to tell me he has a script that does it for him.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Never needed a script to break down partials, but after the new Curio Complete command I did put something together that runs off of CURIO LIST PARTIALS and will CURIO COMPLETE every partial in that list.  Much, much easier than my original script!
  • BUMP!