Artifact Ideas

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Custom deathsight artifact. (also, demigod purchasable custom deathsight for self or others).

Customizable hair curios.

An addon (or change) to the font/symbol/mark that allows you to tune them to whatever god you want, by standing in their fulcrux.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    A method acting monkey:

Can assign stage roles to it like a player.

Order monkey backstage blah to make it do that stage command.

Please, make it practical to do plays with big casts and cut down on actor herding.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Beastmaster's Leash

You can't be separated from your beast except by its death-- it will always be by your side (mechanically, if you change rooms and it is out of the stable but not in your entourage, it will get moved to you and automatically follow you).

Cavalier's Spurs

"As you learn more in the art of being a Cavalier, so too will you learn to predict the movements of your steed, allowing you the ability to stay mounted even in unusual circumstances."  Provides this ability, though perhaps *slightly* less effectively.  If a Cavalier, makes this ability 100% (instead of the ~99% it currently is-- not a huge difference, but at least provides something).
  • Xenthos said:

Gnomish Power Tool: You can put in any trade artifact that requires being wielded (like spatulas, paintbrushes, etc).  Anything within it is treated as if it is being wielded (so you do not have to keep wielding your spatula just do bake some wafers).
    I never knew I needed something this badly
  • Orventa said:
    Beastmaster's diary
    Allows you to summon one of the old beasts for one IG month.
    Camel, wombat, dashro, wakabi, donkey, mule, warthog, cave bear, skeletal horse etc.

Perhaps a Beast Cameo, you put it on an existing Beast you own and it can change  their "race" for one weave or one IG month.
    And maybe a cheaper Beast Hat that lets you change it's apparant "race" indefinately, but only it's long/short[look/probe?] descriptions and entry exit descrip[to a bland/generic one for the appropriate Beast].

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Orventa said:
    Beastmaster's diary
    Allows you to summon one of the old beasts for one IG month.
    Camel, wombat, dashro, wakabi, donkey, mule, warthog, cave bear, skeletal horse etc.

Perhaps a Beast Cameo, you put it on an existing Beast you own and it can change  their "race" for one weave or one IG month.
    And maybe a cheaper Beast Hat that lets you change it's apparant "race" indefinately, but only it's long/short[look/probe?] descriptions and entry exit descrip[to a bland/generic one for the appropriate Beast].

I once asked if my beast could be made to change gender every time Versalean did. It got No'd.

I woulda threw credits at that like it was up on the tables with its titties out.
  • Nose upgrade to remove the 3rd person line.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I like artifacts that make certain enchantments permanent:
    - Ignite
    - Waterbreathe ***
  • edited June 2017
    Falaeron said:
    Nose upgrade to remove the 3rd person line.
    This actually got discussed last night after the stream. Removal probably isn't on the table, but customisation may be in the near future.

EDIT: Though I am curious if there are any lines, skill or artifact, that people would like the ability to customise other than nose right now. We have to set them up one by one, so I'd rather do them in small batches.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited June 2017
    Ianir said:
    Falaeron said:
    This actually got discussed last night after the stream. Removal probably isn't on the table, but customisation may be in the near future.

EDIT: Though I am curious if there are any lines, skill or artifact, that people would like the ability to customise other than nose right now. We have to set them up one by one, so I'd rather do them in small batches.
    Custom 3rd person consume on cooking!

And custom 3rd person when you activate the gem of cloaking, maybe even update the activation word? Or allow for touch/rub/push/pull turn etc. in addition to a say?

Custom 2nd and 3rd person lines for the changeling cameo

---
    And there's one I have to track down, but it's more of a mob reaction when you're using a seduce influence, don't know if they're tied to Dramatics/Influence skill or not: essentially the mob slaps and grabs you on the ass each influence tic, I'm sure it was meant to be funny, but it's cringey the first time and makes you want to murder them all the times thereafter. :pensive:
    ---

More artifact ideas:

Isune's Inkwell - Lets you WRITE letters, books, etc. in colors.

Mini Algontherine Egg - Big Ticket Item?
    Specially adapted to live outside of aetherspace, this unique creature will allow the owner access to a portable five-room home. It cannot be expanded beyond its initial capacity, but may be designed to the user's specifications, and any manse additions may be made to it other than new rooms. Special abilities: Fly, Dive/DeepseaDive, Burrow, Chameleon. Live in the sky, underwater, underground. Recall beacon to have it transport to where you are, or you to it. Cannot be set up in/linked to organisational territories without linked perms. Can never become an aethership.

Highwayman's Mantle

Prevents others from following you when worn, also includes loyals like hunting hounds, fae, ribbachi, dreamweavers etc. Cannot be force stripped.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    edited June 2017
    Ianir said:
    Falaeron said:

This might be very difficult...But I'd like to be able to customize beast summon lines, as well as beast attacks and/or breaths.

I think custom low/high magic shield lines would be cool too.

• Ianir said:
    Falaeron said:

Being able to customize beastmastery skill lines would be nice - for example, for the Riding skill, 'X climbs on the back of the beast' (and the 'X is on the back of beast').
    Or having the ability to replace the general use lines (ones you can buy reactions for) - for example replacing the remove line for packs ('X removes Y from pack') instead of the reaction being placed after it.

Although I suspect both of these things are more trouble and more hardcoded than noses.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I would immediately buy it just so I could sit side-saddle.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tae's Honey Pot / Tae's Secret Honeycomb Stash/ Tae's Secret Honey Stash/ The Hunny Pot / a pot o' honey / a portable beehive / whatever you want to put a name on it for

Works exactly like the flowerpot or candybox, but for honeycombs. Can only hold 6 at a time. Will last for 6 months.
  • edited June 2017
    Rivius said:
    I like artifacts that make certain enchantments permanent:
    - Ignite
    - Waterbreathe ***
    Waterbreathe might be doable. gnomish SCUBA gear or or something.(I mean, you could have something to always be waterbreathing I thnk, not sure about ignite...)

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Ignite = Extremely Aggressive Flint and Steel
  • WTB Druid artefact that constantly gives you spiritbond with each totem animal you have. 500cr. Please, nobody tell me this would be in any way imbal.
  • Versalean said:
    WTB Druid artefact that constantly gives you spiritbond with each totem animal you have. 500cr. Please, nobody tell me this would be in any way imbal.
    There are a number of artifacts that give you the effects from bonding with a spirit already, each worth 100 cr IIRC.
    The pogo stick for horse, the nose for wolf etc....

• Right. I want one all-in-one artefact, just for druids. So it shouldn't be 100 per totem because the others are partially designed for people who don't already have the skill. D'ya get me, fam?

On another note:

WTB something that lets me perma bond a totem pole and/or stop nest from decaying due to no carrion (maybe make it come off if the person goes dormant)
  • Crow needs a rework, some buffs and fixing some qol stuff like how carrion works. Shouldn't have to buy an artifact for that.
  • True, but then what the hell am I gonna do with all these credits?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Foehn said:
    Wanderer's Coin:
    • Only works if you are not a citizen of a city or commune (rogue)
    • Adds "She/He is a proud wanderer of the Basin of Life" or something along those lines to the character's HONOURS
    • Allows learning from city / commune teachers for non-enemy orgs (any org specific skills must be taught from their respective teachers)
    • Allows use of PREFIX / SUFFIX on yourself
    Estarra has said things like this are very unlikely, because being a rogue is discouraged.  She's specifically vetoed proposals for other "rogue only" artifacts for this reason.

Might be better to tweak it so it provides some benefits to everyone, would increase its odds of implementation.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Veyils said:
    Crow needs a rework, some buffs and fixing some qol stuff like how carrion works. Shouldn't have to buy an artifact for that.
    Carrion has to be one of the most annoying/unfun mechanics that I've ever seen.

• edited June 2017
    Custom Token:
    Kind of like custom aethergoop skins, where players can imbue the token with a desc, dropped, appearance, etc. and gift or sell the token to other players that they can apply to their pre-existing items. Would allow for custom nouns/aliases not normally available or allowed through crafting patterns. Still requires initial admin approval, maybe redeemable through CUSTOMISE REDEEM TOKEN command. But once token is approved it's good to go. TOUCH TOKEN to see a projection of the imbued design.

Maybe categories:
    Clothing Token
    Weaponry Token
    Jewellery
    Furniture
    Music

Etc.

Applying a token to mundane, non artifact items will make them permanent (except for whatever's not allowed to be permanent like crow cloaks). The tokens can only be applied to existing items and won't magically create new items out of thin air. Like a token can be applied to a necklace to turn it into a torc, bracelet into cufflinks, hat into tricorn, trousers to breeches, instrument into carryable non-wind instrument and so on. (Instruments could have custom 1st, second, third person lines for performing).

Ex. Since we can't transfer artifacts, but maybe we want to gift a customised artifact skin to someone.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    o Artifact to conceal like glamours
    o How about an artifact that gives you a chance to resist commands? Stacks with that Stag facepaint.
    o Artifact that lets you listen through your beast
    o Artifact that forces commands on a target

• For those fed up with queueing to spin the wheel? Buy your own spinning fun

Fidget Spinners (one for each city/divine order/guild - make them collectible of course)

50 credits

Put in 10000 gold, spin it, get a promise of a better prize but mostly just a little goop each time
  • Kistan said:
    For those fed up with queueing to spin the wheel? Buy your own spinning fun

Fidget Spinners (one for each city/divine order/guild - make them collectible of course)

50 credits

Put in 10000 gold, spin it, get a promise of a better prize but mostly just a little goop each time
    There is no queue for the Wheel anymore, anyone can spin at the same time, was a recent change, iirc.