Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Anita said:
    Kistan said:
    For those fed up with queueing to spin the wheel? Buy your own spinning fun

Fidget Spinners (one for each city/divine order/guild - make them collectible of course)

50 credits

Put in 10000 gold, spin it, get a promise of a better prize but mostly just a little goop each time
    There is no queue for the Wheel anymore, anyone can spin at the same time, was a recent change, iirc.
    But I would have to get out of bed, walk to the wheel, spin it.

Not from the luxury of my own manse
  • Still want a wheel in my manse
  • Versalean said:
    True, but then what the hell am I gonna do with all these credits?
    Give them to your mentor?
    xD
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• How about a cup of coffee (equivalent) that cures drunkenness? Add limitations to balance (1/mo, only usable by owner, power cost, whatever). Step 3 is profit. 
  • Ejderha said:
    How about a cup of coffee (equivalent) that cures drunkenness? Add limitations to balance (1/mo, only usable by owner, power cost, whatever). Step 3 is profit. 
    I'm already butthurt enough at the people who have 20 poteens and farm them every day. Sure, most of them have the presence of mind to be BFFs with a Healer, but at least they've had to find a solution to the problem.

Drinking has consequences. And often, they are quite amusing.
  • Ejderha said:
    How about a cup of coffee (equivalent) that cures drunkenness? Add limitations to balance (1/mo, only usable by owner, power cost, whatever). Step 3 is profit. 
    I have wanted designable coffees for a while (though in my mind they were simply a drinkable version of eating kafe) but without access to chocolate for designs most fancy coffees are out of reach anyway :/
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Another thing that should be considered is making some future artifacts into aethergoop items. Right now, the current set have been around for such a long time that there are a lot of people with nothing left to get. So we're just sitting on aethergoop.
  • Rivius said:
    Another thing that should be considered is making some future artifacts into aethergoop items. Right now, the current set have been around for such a long time that there are a lot of people with nothing left to get. So we're just sitting on aethergoop.

Erm technically all artifacts can be aethergoop.(cept runes)

You just need to design it and get someone to submit it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited June 2017
    I've had an open offer for a while-- come up with a skin for an artifact I own, give me the goop and I'll submit it for you (if accepted, you can then use your larger stockpile of goop to form it).

Nobody's taken me up on it yet (there are a few considering), but I do know I'm not the only one willing to do this.  Some of the options out there are up for precisely this reason!

Edit: For clarification purposes, consumable / 1-use artifacts cannot be converted to goop either, they will reject goop customization attempts for these-- we've asked this one before!
    edited June 2017
    Veyils said:
    Rivius said:

I feel very, very stupid now. I admit I've not been around that much, and just assumed this customization offer was for artifacts already on the goop list. Sorry!

I suppose in that instance, there is less need. However, I did like the goop items that changed the noun of an object (e.g. seeing ring instead of spectacles).
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rivius said:
    Veyils said:
    Rivius said:

I feel very, very stupid now. I admit I've not been around that much, and just assumed this customization offer was for artifacts already on the goop list. Sorry!

I suppose in that instance, there is less need. However, I did like the goop items that changed the noun of an object (e.g. seeing ring instead of spectacles).
    FWIW I thought the same thing when it was announced.  I didn't really think they'd just drop everything up on the goop market (with player intervention, of course), but it's been made clear since then it really is an open offer to encourage people to customize, skin, and expand the options available for everyone.
  • Rivius said:
    Veyils said:
    Rivius said:

Like Lerad wanted a goop timeslip ring and there was no timeslip rings up as goop items. I had a timeslip ring. He gave me 2k goop and a design. I submitted it. It cost 2k goop. It gets approved then he buys it at the normal price.

Almost all artis are goopable now I think just need to get writing and find someone willing to submit it for you which well I figure most folks will be happy to do it.

If it sells they'll make back 2k in goop anyway.
  • Versalean said:
    Ejderha said:
    I'm already butthurt enough at the people who have 20 poteens and farm them every day. Sure, most of them have the presence of mind to be BFFs with a Healer, but at least they've had to find a solution to the problem.

Drinking has consequences. And often, they are quite amusing.
    This already exists. Although it is not a openly available artifact. The Survivalist's Chalice completely cures drunkeness (and hunger and tiredness) once a month, tied to the chalice itself. It was originally an auction artifact and was also available during the artifact cart promo on the website only.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Vouching for the awesomeness of the goop reskin setup.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    How about an artifact that prevents you from being pulled by rocs, gravediggers and icediggers? Like 'Bracers of Peace' or 'Boots of Leave me Alone' or something?
  • Scent arti that shows elevation.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Czigany Toy curio packages

Body paint/makeup that hides your tattoos from Look
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Anita said:
    Tae's Honey Pot / Tae's Secret Honeycomb Stash/ Tae's Secret Honey Stash/ The Hunny Pot / a pot o' honey / a portable beehive / whatever you want to put a name on it for

Works exactly like the flowerpot or candybox, but for honeycombs. Can only hold 6 at a time. Will last for 6 months.
    Perhaps 'A Portable Beehive'?  Could include random ambients of the holder being stung by a bee >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    Anita said:
    Tae's Honey Pot / Tae's Secret Honeycomb Stash/ Tae's Secret Honey Stash/ The Hunny Pot / a pot o' honey / a portable beehive / whatever you want to put a name on it for

Works exactly like the flowerpot or candybox, but for honeycombs. Can only hold 6 at a time. Will last for 6 months.
    Perhaps 'A Portable Beehive'?  Could include random ambients of the holder being stung by a bee >_>
    If it gives me honeycombs!!!! ;)
    That was the intention.  Just thought that since you would be carrying around something that contains bees, perhaps it gets bumped from time to time, thus reasoning the ambient of a couple of bees coming out and stinging the holder of it.

• Gnomish New Order Module Experiment - 500cr
    Attaches to a command chair and allows the pilot to send commands to the empath grid, as well as a turret.  All on the command chair balance.

I.E. you can control your whole ship from the command chair, but you only have 1 balance for everything.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    Gnomish New Order Module Experiment - 500cr
    Attaches to a command chair and allows the pilot to send commands to the empath grid, as well as a turret.  All on the command chair balance.

I.E. you can control your whole ship from the command chair, but you only have 1 balance for everything.
    Honestly, I'm tired of asking for this. I've come to the conclusion that No Means No. #stillnouseforallthesecredits
  • edited July 2017
    Don't know if it'll happen, but a form of the artifact cart available on the site year round. 

Other artie ideas:

Rikitosk's Boon : Allows user to influence animals. Ecology Empathy

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • There's a wondermask ability that does that.
    Versalean said:
    Ciaran said:
    Gnomish New Order Module Experiment - 500cr

Honestly, I'm tired of asking for this. I've come to the conclusion that No Means No. #stillnouseforallthesecredits
    Can't see it happening, to be quite honest, as Aetherhunting, like raids, revolts and wildnodes is meant to be a group activity.

• Ok, how about...

Earcuff of Elusion - Protects the user from having sight and thoughts stolen, tells (including crown artifact), and returns a random room when scried, including Window artifact

Prayer Chime - Allows the user to MARRY a couple. 

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • Orventa said:
    Ok, how about...

Earcuff of Elusion - Protects the user from having sight and thoughts stolen, tells (including crown artifact), and returns a random room when scried, including Window artifact
    No to the bolded part. Rest of it is ok.
  • Falaeron said:
    Orventa said:
    Ok, how about...

Hey, I think it be a good big ticket artie/auction artie, if that's what they're looking for. 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Falaeron said:
    Orventa said:
    Ok, how about...

I could actually see this as a once a day sort of thing, maybe working like wonderpipe smoke. For five minutes, scrying returns a random room.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.