Hi!

2»

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    While I generally agree Psionics (specifically TK) provides the best utility/bashing and is more powerful then the other tertiaries, its definitely not 'by far the most powerful' and as a whole, is rather lackluster outside of a few key abilities.

Enyalida just hypes it up beyond belief because she would rather have TK then her skills. The reason why Psionics is viewed as far more powerful is because Mage melds are generally stronger then their Druid counterparts, and mesh better with their demesnes then Ecology/Runes/Dreamweaving does with Druids. 

If your interest is in combat, you'll still have a hard time killing anyone outside of your meld, regardless of your tertiary. For 1v1 as a Geomancer, Dreamweaver Geo is pretty underrated. For group combat, it really doesn't matter your tertiary, as the most important thing as a melder is just staying alive.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I actually think runes is the most underrated tertiary for mages in groups. That's why the outcry is so big when the cities get radded/double-haegled into oblivion by druids who use it far more commonly.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I do remember picking up runes as a Pyro back in the day... got badmouthed so hard, I didn't need to use earwort for the next 50 IG years. That said, runes can be useful to a mage too... but most of the time not as much as the psionic abilities.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Silvanus said:
    While I generally agree Psionics (specifically TK) provides the best utility/bashing and is more powerful then the other tertiaries, its definitely not 'by far the most powerful' and as a whole, is rather lackluster outside of a few key abilities.

Enyalida just hypes it up beyond belief because she would rather have TK then her skills. The reason why Psionics is viewed as far more powerful is because Mage melds are generally stronger then their Druid counterparts, and mesh better with their demesnes then Ecology/Runes/Dreamweaving does with Druids. 

If your interest is in combat, you'll still have a hard time killing anyone outside of your meld, regardless of your tertiary. For 1v1 as a Geomancer, Dreamweaver Geo is pretty underrated. For group combat, it really doesn't matter your tertiary, as the most important thing as a melder is just staying alive.
    Actually, if it's just meld vs meld, Druid effects are far better than Mage ones. It's true that Psionics/TK makes Mage melds far deadlier than Druid melds, though, because the Druid tertiaries (runes/ecology/dreamweaving) don't jive well with Druid melds.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • Okay so.. I've decided to stay mage and been trying to assemble my equipment. I feel like there is a bazillion things I still don't have or remember. I got robes, curatives (potions, herbs), some enchantments (mercy etc, the defense ones), healing/protection scroll.. and that's it.

What other gear should I get or is useful for a mage? I'm guessing a shield (towershield?) ? What about tattoos? Also, are there only four proofings and can the robes hold them all or do I need to get a coat (or something)?

What about curios? How can I get them, how useful are they etc..?

As for Ikons.. are they only for boosting influence (how?) and those psychodrama battles or am I missing something?

Anything else concerning mage gear or must-get-this-stuff that I missed?

This game has become confusing as hell. :(

• You will learn what you need when you need it. Don't worry too much :)

Robes, curatives, enchantments and scrolls are a good start, and will do you well enough for a while.

Tattoos have been out for a long time, and *I* still don't have any. They are great to have, but unless you're a serious PKer, or you see yourself needing one or some of the benefits they offer -- don't bother!

Curios have a lot of different uses, and some are more useful than others. This website: https://sites.google.com/site/xieltalnara/Curios can explain it better than me. Nice to have, not necessary to have. Once you're more settled, then look into curios. They will cost you credits, however, and they'll be hard to assemble (because the 'curio rush' is over now). 

Ikons... imagine any card game like Duel Monsters or Magic the Gathering and put it into text -- that is Psychodrama. I've never played it. There's enough to do in the game already! But yes, you're right -- eating an ikon will remove it from the game, but also give you an influence boost, which increases depending on the rarity of the card. Nice to haves, not necessary to have. 

Robes can generally only have two proofings, of a total of four. You will need a cloak and a coat to get the other two proofings. Splendours, which are only available to transcendant tailors, can hold all four proofings at once. Yes, you should get your robes proofed at some point.

Getting all of the other enchantments available would be good. There might be a scroll somewhere that lists them for you.

What you *need* to know is this: learn your guild skills, and some very useful common skills (particularly in Planar, Discernment and Discipline). Ask questions in your guild / city / collegium. We were all newbies (or 'we all forgot how to act like normal people when we went through the Portal') once upon a time. If you're genuine and want to learn, you'll always find someone willing to show you the way. 

I'm still learning things. So don't feel like you need to know everything at once! Do everything at your own pace, or as you need to. 
  • Ryanne said:

Okay so.. I've decided to stay mage and been trying to assemble my equipment. I feel like there is a bazillion things I still don't have or remember. I got robes, curatives (potions, herbs), some enchantments (mercy etc, the defense ones), healing/protection scroll.. and that's it.

What other gear should I get or is useful for a mage? I'm guessing a shield (towershield?) ? What about tattoos? Also, are there only four proofings and can the robes hold them all or do I need to get a coat (or something)?

What about curios? How can I get them, how useful are they etc..?

As for Ikons.. are they only for boosting influence (how?) and those psychodrama battles or am I missing something?

Anything else concerning mage gear or must-get-this-stuff that I missed?

This game has become confusing as hell. :(

If you are Mag or Mag friendly, Liok is always willing to help budding people out with gathering equipment!