Character Secrets

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2013
    Rivius keeps it on the downlow, but he finds Gaudiguch publications such as Themius' recent book of sonnets to be exceedingly entertaining and enjoyable.
  • Kiradawea said:
    A dangerous lunatic cannibal cult?
    Lunatic!? I prefer the term 'fanatical'. And I only eat faelings if I *have* to. ;_;
  • Oh right. Pardon. I did not mean to imply you were a moon-worshipper.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Elexa said:

On a serious point though, she -really- has a crush on a certain trill. :3
    The two trill you already asked out are kind of seeing each other, so you might want to pick another trill to crush on :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Elexa said:

On a serious point though, she -really- has a crush on a certain trill. :3
    The two trill you already asked out are kind of seeing each other, so you might want to pick another trill to crush on :)

-grumble- I give up with these relationship things! :(
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2013
    While Mork gives off a cold vibe and will bite the head of anyone trying to hug him or instigate other forms of friendly bodily contact, he does secretly enjoy it when small Faeling, that he's on very good terms with, use his shoulder for a seat/perch. Anyone else tries it and he'll flick them off.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Skye has seveere daddy issues, and considers Eliron the closest thing he has ever had to a father.

Actually, his only real attachment to Ysav'rai was Narynth, but when she returned and wasn't the 100% Nurturebot Pro5000 he had always (somewhat faultily) remembered her as being, he couldn't take it and quit the family.
  • Morbo hates himself for what he has had to do in defense or in support of the Collective. Morbo is aware that the goal of the Collective is not to kill all the enemies of the Collective, but to assimilate them, and if Morbo has to do something that will cause someone to hate either him or Hallifax he questions if what he is doing ultimately does benefit the Collective or not.

Morbo started out as bright eyed combatant in support of Hallifax going out and fighting those that were chaotic and the antithesis of Collectivist ideals, but over time learned that most enemies are not this, they are just doing their duty as well, and he especially resents it anytime he has to kill someone that is not a similar might to himself.

However, there are so enemies so start in their hatred of the Collective that to fight them, or even give them to submit themselves to the just application of the law he must create collateral damage and chaos to make the opponent realize that their logic doesn't apply to his. Logic like "deaging someone isn't worth raiding prime gaudi everyday for a week until they submit themselves" doesn't work against logic of "Your duty is to deage this person, if you don't do it, nobody else will. You must do whatever you can to achieve this goal."
  • This might come as a shocking secret to some... no, most of you it appears. But Kira is not, and has never been, a jeweller. (And I have no idea why everyone seems to think so.)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited March 2013
    Xeria's got some human in her lineage, she's got hands instead of paws unlike most other purebred furrikin.

Okay, she hasn't really got any secrets.
    is dead like the dodo
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Everyone has secrets.

You just have not yet discovered hers.
  • And if you don't have any secrets, just make some up!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2013
    Celina has some painful insecurities. The two biggest ones are 1) she doesn't think she'll ever be worthy in Shikari's eyes again and it plagues her constantly and 2) she has brushed off any requests for her to run for CL because she does not believe the forest would unite behind her and her presence would cause too much harm.
  • Nymerya is a vegetarian and -refuses- to use sentient creatures in tailoring because it's her way of honouring Elcyrion. 

• Xenthos said:
    Everyone has secrets. You just have not yet discovered hers.
    Here's my attempt: Xeria has a nasty temper but she thinks it highly uncivilized to display it in public.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Maellio knows  this one, but I'm not certain how many other people have guessed.

Everything Eliron tells people about his childhood with Maellio is false. Eliron has only a few scattered memories from before the Portal of Fate, all of which would contradict his current ideals if he acknowledged them. The stories he (and Maellio) tell people are the childhood that Eliron wants to have had with his big brother, especially now that they live in different homelands.
  • Ciaran does not, and will never, remember anyone in Hallifax's title.  He always just waits for someone else to greet people, and then uses that.

Not sure if that's a secret...
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Secretly, all the gay married couples bother Tavon. Marriage is between a male and a female. A good civil union, on the other hand...
  • Maellio said:
    Maellio despises shoes, occasionally to the point of phobia. Every instance of him having to wear them has ended in him privately flailing about saying 'Get them off' over and over. So whether its a sweltering or freezing, he's barefoot.
    That is me too.  Ghrowlii never wears shoes, NEVER.
    Also, she is kind of obsessed with her goat.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Marriage in Lusternia is not a defined constitution by a church as being right one way and wrong another. Marriage is a union of two people, that's it, gender has zero to do with it. Your character can be totally straight, sure, but to think only that kind of union is proper for marriage...well, to have a contrary opinion on the topic is an extreme ooc bias. Just like it makes no sense to not believe in 'gods' in Lusternia, because they quite clearly exist, there is no logical justification to believe marriage (which always has been open for two of any gender) should be restricted to one type of relationship. Might want to think about that secret a bit, @Tavon!

• edited March 2013
    Nothing wrong with it just bothering the character on a personal level if you ask me. I don't know anything about Tavon as a character ;I'm guessing he's Hallifaxian based on a glance at his honors. So it'd make sense for him to look at same-sex marriages as weird in-character. For example, "Such a union would have great difficulty in procreating. How dreadfully inefficient."
    I wouldn't say a heavy OOC bias is necessary by any stretch of the imagination.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Given around 90% of the Hallifaxian population seem to be gay, it actually really -is- a bizarre belief. And given how many same sex marriages still have children in game, there could be any number of explanations, from magic to adoption, to gender bubbles and switching...who knows? I suppose it's possible, just like it's possible for someone to pretend that gods aren't real in the world of Lusternia. Doesn't really make it logical for a Lusternian to believe (and thus in my opinion it's something worth thinking about - is it really something my character would care about, or just something I care about?)

Anyway, enough of my petpeeving, sorry.

Secret! Lavinya is a sucker for anything sweet, from candy to corny poetry.

• I've got two:

1. From a -player- point of view, I'm terrified of talking and socializing with people outside of Serenwilde because the people in the commune in days past have been SO ANAL about staying in character and in Serenwilde. I have a WILD urge to do something completely against the assumed nature of Majanishi. I want to expand his roleplay, explore other organizations, and not be afraid of trying Glomdoring out, but all the friends I really have are in Serenwilde and I'm worried I'll lose them :(

2. Also Majanishi secretly wishes that he was as cool/popular as his blood father.

Yeah I have issues :/

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • Lillie said:
    Nothing wrong with it just bothering the character on a personal level if you ask me. I don't know anything about Tavon as a character ;I'm guessing he's Hallifaxian based on a glance at his honors. So it'd make sense for him to look at same-sex marriages as weird in-character. For example, "Such a union would have great difficulty in procreating. How dreadfully inefficient."
    I wouldn't say a heavy OOC bias is necessary by any stretch of the imagination.
    I agree - any number of reasons could be fabricated for Tavon to not be cool with gay marriage. I don't feel comfortable critiquing someone else's RP motives without much more information than that.
  • Majanishi said:
    I've got two:

1. From a -player- point of view, I'm terrified of talking and socializing with people outside of Serenwilde because the people in the commune in days past have been SO ANAL about staying in character and in Serenwilde. I have a WILD urge to do something completely against the assumed nature of Majanishi. I want to expand his roleplay, explore other organizations, and not be afraid of trying Glomdoring out, but all the friends I really have are in Serenwilde and I'm worried I'll lose them :(
    Llandros said something to me the other day.  In essence, he was being all wise and awesome and said that at the end of the day, Lusternia is a game for you, the player, to enjoy.  If you wanna try Glomdoring, try Glomdoring!  You can still have interactions with those friends in Serenwilde.  Perhaps you are so striken with your new home that you feel your old friends have been lied to and must show them the truth!

You could always swing up an alt and throw him/her into Glom to scope it out.

And do those wild-streak RP things.  It may open up a totally new avenue for you to explore, but it will at least give you some entertainment for at list a little while.
  • Lavinya said:
    Marriage in Lusternia is not a defined constitution by a church as being right one way and wrong another. Marriage is a union of two people, that's it, gender has zero to do with it. Your character can be totally straight, sure, but to think only that kind of union is proper for marriage...well, to have a contrary opinion on the topic is an extreme ooc bias. Just like it makes no sense to not believe in 'gods' in Lusternia, because they quite clearly exist, there is no logical justification to believe marriage (which always has been open for two of any gender) should be restricted to one type of relationship. Might want to think about that secret a bit, @Tavon!
    Umm... wow. To accuse me of an ooc bias like that is very... rash of you. I understand this is obviously a real life hot button topic, and one I'm not going to get into a debate about in the Common Ground forums. (Or anywhere online) Suffice to say, Tavon has his reasons for his views which do not necessarily (and don't, in this case), match Tavon's players views.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2013
    Eritheyl still holds onto most of his Hallifaxian mindset, which includes things like being appalled at public drunkenness and most displays of affection. He's also very disturbed at a lot of the silliness and overhanging laissez-faire in Gaudiguch, but (mostly) plays it off cool as a cucumber.

He's slowly getting better. Veeery slowly.

Afterthought: Contractions are still extremely awkward for him to use in front of a lot of people.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."