Discrimination in Lusternia

Rivius said:
Um, no. He stated quite plainly "Marriage is between a man and a woman", which is a belief that has no bearing anywhere in the world of Lusternia. Same-sex marriages had been happening since time immemorial. This is what Eventru was trying to get across. It's not really that complicated, and we've been here long enough to know this is the standing on such views.

Eventru said:
I'm simply reiterating what has already been stated. Homophobia does not exist in Lusternia, in any sense. Expression of those views in-game can and will be treated on par to any other OOCness, ie up to and including muting, loss of channels, etc. It's not even a possibility - it just doesn't. Sorry to disappoint! (It's a well known fact Eventru and Lyreth were the first married couple anyways, heteros are completely the abnormal ones...)
These were quotes from the Character Secrets thread.

I feel like the bolded is a lot more of a far reaching statement than just marriage. It's nice for Rivius/Raezon to sweep it under the rug, and try to make it seem like he was just refering to 'marriage' but it's a pretty big deal when an admin makes a direct statement on the subject, even going so far as to say you will be punished for it. 

I'd like some clarification on what kind of discrimination is allowed and is not allowed ICly. Seamus shouted just yesterday that Eileen shouldn't be Queen because she's a woman. Mag is super racist against merian/elfen, but if I say something to the Glomazons, I'll be muted? 

As an aside, Sidd is not and has never been homophobic, I'm a proponent of gay marriage and don't want to come across as anything else. It just seems a bit off to me that other forms are A-OK and this one is not.  

Comments

This discussion has been closed.