The things you miss

Basically what the title says. People, events, rewards, whatever.

The things I miss most, I think, are the weakenings that happened before 'aetherflares' bleh and after aetherships were introduced. It was so badass to take your ship (And ride in it obviously) and invade other place's nexus worlds. Even if you had zero in aethercraft it still let you help in a good way, and defending was pretty great too. Repelling borders! Marvellous. Then you had the construct via construct battles which just plain -rocked-. People going inside constructs like they were giant mechas and maneuvering them against another org's mecha construct. Now, we get aetherflares which are dumb.

There is also the past thing of there being able to have multiple constructs on a bubble (the nexus world). this meant that whether you were a warrior, monk or bard you could till go defend the Cosmic and Elemental planes by just popping into the nexus world and touching the respective constructs. I will concede though that it is pretty nice to have some easy ways of getting to aetherbubbles though.

It's also sad how you don't get credits for mothers day, father's day, lovelorn events and similar. Now you get curio. DAMN YOU CURIO, DAMN YOU TO HELL! I WANT CREDITS BACK TO 4k per -sob-
A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I do find it annoying now that I have the means to actually generate in game income, credit prices are triple what they were when I started less than a year ago.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2013

Morkarion said:
    I do find it annoying now that I have the means to actually generate in game income, credit prices are triple what they were when I started less than a year ago.
    When I started playing IRE games, credits were 2.5k each.

When I started play Lusty, they were 4k each.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited March 2013
     I miss people :(

I miss @Fain, @Nariah, @Sthai, @Rattusk, @Morvior (even though he occasionally checks in), @Feyrll @Bhairan

I also miss @Lyreth, @Nezha, and @Raflein. :(

By the way, you do get credits for Mother's Day and Father's day.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • We didn't get any credits for this year's mother's day. I logged in on mother's day and did mothersrock or mothersarecool but no credits were forthcoming, and no announce either.

I miss... actually out of your list I miss Fain (The second one, not the third), Rattusk (Good for a laugh), Morvior (RP GOD) and Feyrll.

Where did Raflein go anyway?

Adding in the list of people I miss:

Shayle, Xavius, Zacharyj, Emar, Jacquin (If you/she is still around and playing an alt, I want to get back in contact), Aiakon (Was a dick sometimes but I admired him), Veonira, Daxera, Laxinova, Raikogen (When he's not around), Asin and Shaddus, technicaly, as I don't see you around ever ingame.
  • edited March 2013
    Gorlois said:
    We didn't get any credits for this year's mother's day. I logged in on mother's day and did mothersrock or mothersarecool but no credits were forthcoming, and no announce either.

I miss... actually out of your list I miss Fain (The second one, not the third), Rattusk (Good for a laugh), Morvior (RP GOD) and Feyrll.

Shayle, Xavius, Zacharyj, Emar, Jacquin (If you/she is still around and playing an alt, I want to get back in contact), Aiakon (Was a dick sometimes but I admired him), Veonira, Daxera, Laxinova, Raikogen (When he's not around), Asin and Shaddus, technicaly, as I don't see you around ever ingame.
    ... You did, did you?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Eventru said:
    Gorlois said:
    We didn't get any credits for this year's mother's day. I logged in on mother's day and did mothersrock or mothersarecool but no credits were forthcoming, and no announce either.

... You did, did you?
    Probably got confused with March 8... in some European countries, that's Mother's day, not Women's day.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited March 2013
    Casilu, Kelysa, Somaria (all that drama), Gavriel, Veonira, Ashteru, Bashara, uh...if Rancoura is still around I miss the RP we had...
    If you look at the list and consider where/when all of them are you might be able to tell who my three major characters have been!

It's probably the nostalgia talking, but it seems like the RP atmosphere peaked around 2009 or so. At least in mag, where I was playing at the time. The forums seemed a lot more lively then as well, but I know that I'm quite susceptible to the rosy tint of nostalgia goggles.

Also I miss the old website. O how I miss it.

And what happened to Phoebus?

Things I don't miss: Nienla
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Oh man, Gavriel. I forgot about him.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lillie said:
    Casilu, Kelysa, Somaria (all that drama), Gavriel, Veonira, Ashteru, Bashara, uh...if Rancoura is still around I miss the RP we had... If you look at the list and consider where/when all of them are you might be able to tell who my three major characters have been! It's probably the nostalgia talking, but it seems like the RP atmosphere peaked around 2009 or so. At least in mag, where I was playing at the time. The forums seemed a lot more lively then as well, but I know that I'm quite susceptible to the rosy tint of nostalgia goggles. Also I miss the old website. O how I miss it. And what happened to Phoebus? Things I don't miss: Nienla
    No, I definitely remember the forums being more active and a 15+ page thread (before Raves and Tweets) was not an uncommon sight. I think the FB group is partly responsible for the decline in forum trafic. 

Also, after reading this thread and just looking back on things, I miss being a novice. Learning about the basics of Lusternia's history, the combat system, and the geography was really, really fun. I distinctly remember joining a wargames and I (a level 60 something Celestine that didn't have one skill transed) tried to kill @Sidd by putting him to sleep and after I lost (duh) my analysis of the situation was something along the lines of "Oh, you had kafe up. If you didn't, I would have been able to put you to sleep after I stripped insomnia!"  :))
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • Arel, Vionne and Aranya.. probably a few more than I can't remember right now.

Also, lack of rants thread, I miss you so! I know we have this silly FB group but having to log on to FB everytime I want to call someone a turd just takes all the fun out of it!

And PK, yes, I miss PK. I miss when people actually raided and I didn't have to wait till someone upgraded a Domoth to get my fill of conflict.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I can trump all your "I miss [insert person here]":

Druken.
  • Village raids. There was one particular attack on... Acknor, maybe? I didn't even know anything about the village, and Glomdoring organised a coordinated attack on it. 12-15 of us spread out around the village and hit things at the same time, gathered corpses and then left. Was it that conquest gained feelings by killing the villagers?

In hindsight it was probably a really griefy thing to do, but I was a circle 40 something newbie, and I loved how organised and plotty it all was. If these villagers wouldn't come to us peaceably, we'd just have to show them how useless their protectors were!

I miss a lot of people, maybe not a lot of 'things' -- the game has improved so much since I started playing, and I haven't been here long enough to pine for the days of million-room-sized melds.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I miss having a system.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Taevi! She was Lavinya's first friend and she was so much awesome to RP with, I miss her a lot. I also miss my kid Bethany who lets me abuse her, and then there are old Mags that always scared me but I aspired to be like, especially Nariah and Othero.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Eventru said:
    Gorlois said:

... You did, did you?
    Yes, it was the Sunday before yesterday =p

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ...May huh. -grumbles something about americans-

Heh, I miss Magnagora having Angkrag.

Speaking of villages, yeah, village revolts/raids were a lot more fun back in the day. Sometimes there wasn't a lot of effort put forward and you had maybe 6-8 people max helping out in some revolts. I'm starting to see how much more cut-throat Lusternia has become now with the inclusion of Hallifax and Gaudiguch. All bets are off. Take no prisoners.
  • I miss Shaddus. When he was Shaddus. You were my first real taste of RP.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2013
    I miss:

Malmea and Hoernath: Two of our first adoptive kids that just disapoofed for the past rl year.

Zhov: Rivius' childhood best friend/rival. He swore he'd become demigod and treeguard first!

Kolm: Awesome friend, champion, mentor and person. Never a dull moment with him around.

Iasmos: The big guy. Taught me everything I know and always someone I could talk to about anything.

Alianna: Great combat leader, all around chill person and very inspiring.

Mnemosyne: Always hilarious and random. Always a great and caring friend.

Xiran: Loveable antics we're all missing.
  • Let's see... I miss cheap credits (come back 2.5k gold per, come back!)

Iasmos: Because he's Maja's mentor and while he's a hardass on me, I totally deserve it.

Alianna as well for the things Rivius said.

Aesyra: Because she gave me my first taste of being in an Order, and while that ended very poorly thanks to Dylara (whom I DO NOT miss :/) it was still great.

Nejii: Because even if he doesn't remember, I've known him since he was a novice in the Moondancers and I watched him grow to overtake my position and excel at it much more than I did before moving over to Glomdoring when it came out. And then further after that while I was playing Maja because he's a cool guy.

Sojiro (so the Seren only version of Shuyin :p): Cause he's Maja's dad.

Azalya: Mom :/ I miss the RP stuff that we had as a family. Venator was the first family I ever joined and both of them did a great job of getting me into roleplaying a bit more. It helped too that I was their only active child for a time, so I got doted on and spoiled.

Probably all for now.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Vasnier, my first real pal. As opposed to the rest of Zayah that was just as friendly, but large and terrifying when I started.
    Chalcedony, my first family-outside-of-family. Generally just a great person to be around, taught me a lot!
    Mnemosyne, seriously one of my favorite people ever. Ever :(

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • And, since I found some old logs, I miss this:

K'inare Nienla Nightshade, the Talons o (Backwards avenue)
    Warden Kolm Cu'Sith, Arimi's Knight     (Near the argent trunk of the Moon)
    Shabinar Jerik                          (Among a rain of colour and mist)
    Zoelin Ysav'rai                         (The resonating centre of Glomdori)
    Vasnier, Bardagh Coardailys             (Near the argent trunk of the Moon)
    Sadie Talnara                           (Among a rain of colour and mist)
    Silver-Winged Mnemosyne                 (Near the argent trunk of the Moon)
    Celina Ysav'rai, the Heartless          (The resonating centre of Glomdori)
    Unblooded Llormae, Keep of Aerys        (Near the argent trunk of the Moon)
    Ur'Marshal Ruiku i'Viani, Exarch of Mal (Near the argent trunk of the Moon)
    Esoneyuna Talnara, Adherent of the Cron (Near the argent trunk of the Moon)
    Chalcedony Talnara, Sapphire Starburst  (Among a rain of colour and mist)
    Terentia, the Even Bladed
    Druid Crek Stormcrow, Eye of Crow       (The resonating centre of Glomdori)
    Shaman Kreon Zayah, Autumn's Twilight   (Among a rain of colour and mist)
    Sage Majanishi Hartfire                 (Among a rain of colour and mist)
    Ryboi D'Varden                          (Among a rain of colour and mist)
    Wiccan Arimi, Lady Cu'Sith              (Near the argent trunk of the Moon)
    Ejei Vyrale                             (Among a rain of colour and mist)
    Eritheyl Zayah, the Violinist           (Among a rain of colour and mist)
    Shabinar Marik                          (Near the argent trunk of the Moon)

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    VASNIER AND CHALCEDONY AND MNEMOSYNE
    crycrycry

(hey I'm there too, snazzy)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I miss smob raiding.
  • It's funny, I forgot I knew Chalcedony until I looked at a few logs from 2010. That was after I read your post, Eri, and forgot you had mentioned her. Didn't realize I was posting a triple whammy of emotions for you!

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    In fact, I also miss weakenings (I enjoyed them more than aetherflares because there is more emphasis on colossi, which I thought was super cool), village raids (miner raids were a different kind of operation compared to regular raids), and the old conquest system (where you had to bash villagers) too.

Heck, I even miss "pointless" raids a bit too. Then defenders figured out the best way to end raids was to stop defending and it kind of blew having to suck down 2 million per death.

Also the reason why forums aren't as lively are because of the...liberal moderation when it comes to threads that aren't all raves and praises. Plus the FB group.

• Shuyin said:
    In fact, I also miss weakenings (I enjoyed them more than aetherflares because there is more emphasis on colossi, which I thought was super cool), village raids (miner raids were a different kind of operation compared to regular raids), and the old conquest system (where you had to bash villagers) too.

Heck, I even miss "pointless" raids a bit too. Then defenders figured out the best way to end raids was to stop defending and it kind of blew having to suck down 2 million per death.

Also the reason why forums aren't as lively are because of the...liberal moderation when it comes to threads that aren't all raves and praises. Plus the FB group.
    I miss lack of rants.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • In no particular order (although the first seven are probably the biggest) Lisaera, Sivriel, Merloch, Ibaesha, Sarrasri, Tsuki, Xiran... most of the old moondancers who've been and gone, really. 
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • I'd like to emphasize the conflict things people have mentioned.  Aside from villages/flares/nodes, there has been next to no conflict lately.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Colossi are pretty cool, yep.