The things you miss

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yeah. I mean I like that colossi were involved in aetherflares too, but the stars of the show were definitely aetherships. 

I just think it's more interesting/fun to sit around guarding a giant mech and engaging enemy groups and their mech than it is to sit on a turret and do TURRET BOMBARD every 5 minutes.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Just about what everyone else said about watered down conflict.

I miss sea battle fights, not Cay fights.

I miss planes that didn't have free discretionaries.

I miss Astral without insanity (although insanity is pretty neat).

I miss Warriors that were actually strong. Always provided the hardest battles that weren't annoyingly frustrating.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I miss Valarien and Shayle, Mael's first friend and mentor respectively, who'd probably had the biggest hand in shaping Mael before Eliron came along.

I miss Richter and his dream to make Deepnight into a real City and his hopes for the first Ascension to bring that about.

I miss every one of Mael's children, unconditionally.

And I miss basically the whole of the sleeping Shevats, especially Sylandra's play rehearsals and @Daraius aetherhunts [emphasis because I oppose your lurking Lord of the Cake >.=.<]

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    In no particular order:
    @Fain
    Old d'Murani Magnagora. 
    @Talan.
    The game before Halli and Gaudi. I don't think they add anything and now the population is spread too thin.
    Smob raiding.
    Raids before death cost you an arm and a leg.
    Duels at the plex. 
    Choke.
    Rants on forums.
    Roving griefer squads (even the ones that came after me.)

Boulderblasting from a room away.

@Fain before his drunken escapade.

My entire d'Murani family.

1v1 combat outside of the arena.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited March 2013
    Silvanus said:
    \

What? how do I not know of this?

Is this like the time a drunk Sthai inducted Rika into the order?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Silvanus said:
    \

What? how do I not know of this?

Is this like the time a drunk Sthai inducted Rika into the order?

I sent you most of the post explaining it.. but at one point in time, you were able to Guild Lastlogin your Patron, and most of us knew Fain hadn't been around forever.. until this happened:

(Mag Council Post)

Two prominent members of our city-state are punished for following the
    orders of one of our Divine Pantheon, Lord Fain of the Red Masque,
    Leader of the Twelve.
  • The feeling of wonder and fear.

Like sure we all know that, lasting, bad things pretty much never happen in the present. (You know... like your city being destroyed forever) But I kinda miss the fear that like... maybe, just maybe, serenwilde might get burned to the ground.

I remember being a novice, not really understanding what terrain was, and being nervous about being in tainted rooms.

Being all excited to explore the higher planes, but also a little worried about what I'd find up there and also getting lost.

Idk... just feels like alot has become very mundane.

• That will happen as the game ages. I agree, the sense of wonder is kind of missing now. I occasionally live vicariously through an actual new novice, but I honestly feel like 90% of novices are people who have played Lusternia before and have either got lots of alts (@Shaddus ALL THE ALTS) or have ditched their previous main to have a new breath of fresh air. It's just kind of a little stale for me now I guess...

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • Majanishi said:
    That will happen as the game ages. I agree, the sense of wonder is kind of missing now. I occasionally live vicariously through an actual new novice, but I honestly feel like 90% of novices are people who have played Lusternia before and have either got lots of alts (@Shaddus ALL THE ALTS) or have ditched their previous main to have a new breath of fresh air. It's just kind of a little stale for me now I guess...

Yeah, I dunno. I'm trying to piece together an idea to build up the exploration side of things. Cause what I really would love to do is shatter the borders of the current planes and see what else we can find in them.
  • Yeah that would be really cool. Maybe force some new areas to be revealed? OR MAYBE THEY'RE THERE ALREADY and the admins just wanted us to get the "blow things up" itch and start wreaking havoc until we find a soft spot... though that could always permanently release Kethuru..

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    @Kethuru is my alt, I'll try not to eat everything (until next January).
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I am @Shaddus. This is just my second account.

I mostly miss a bunch of players from when I first started playing.

@Talan
    @Ceres
    @Gadritan
    @Fuyu
    @Senna

The hell you say.
  • edited March 2013
    Majanishi said:
    (@Shaddus ALL THE ALTS) 
    Please. No one can compete with me when it comes to alts.

Saran said:

The feeling of wonder and fear.

Like sure we all know that, lasting, bad things pretty much never happen in the present. (You know... like your city being destroyed forever) But I kinda miss the fear that like... maybe, just maybe, serenwilde might get burned to the ground.

I remember being a novice, not really understanding what terrain was, and being nervous about being in tainted rooms.

Being all excited to explore the higher planes, but also a little worried about what I'd find up there and also getting lost. 

I know what you mean. There used to be a time when I actually felt sad and sorry when super mobs were raided, like OH THE HUMANITY for my side, and a slight panic when an event like the ascension happened (Holy crap, Kethuru is about to get free? WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!11!!1!11).

Now it is, indeed, mundane because I know Kethuru is going to try and break free like the last five times, and just like the last five times we're going to be saved. As an alt of mine was fond of saying: the apocalypse is just a sign I need to change my socks.
    A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"
  • Ried

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Gorlois said:
    Majanishi said:
    (@Shaddus ALL THE ALTS) 
    Please. No one can compete with me when it comes to alts.

Saran said:

The feeling of wonder and fear.

I know what you mean. There used to be a time when I actually felt sad and sorry when super mobs were raided, like OH THE HUMANITY for my side, and a slight panic when an event like the ascension happened (Holy crap, Kethuru is about to get free? WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!11!!1!11).

Now it is, indeed, mundane because I know Kethuru is going to try and break free like the last five times, and just like the last five times we're going to be saved. As an alt of mine was fond of saying: the apocalypse is just a sign I need to change my socks.

I think I actually mentioned this year that perhaps we should start viewing Jolly Bundy as the Harbinger of Kethuru, cause in-character he always turns up a few years before the seals get broken and Kethuru might be released, he brings gifts to help us try to survive. 
  • By that same logic so could Ironbeard.
  • @Gorlois well since you are a shaddus alt, you are correct that you have the most alts

• edited March 2013
    Majanishi said:
    @Gorlois well since you are a shaddus alt, you are correct that you have the most alts
    Are you on something?
  • I miss the Jasper and Elryn... And Auseklis
  • Gorlois said:
    Majanishi said:
    @Gorlois well since you are a shaddus alt, you are correct that you have the most alts
    Then you should issue him for multiplaying and having two characters logged in at the same time.
    Wouldn't work against a guy whose alts are also admins.  Sorry, bro.  The Shaddus is in us all.
  • edited March 2013
    Et tu, Liok?

Shaddus is such a -derivative name for someone who sleeps with plenty of people-
  • Sorry, bro. I only ever remember him being a cool guy!
  • Liok said:
    Sorry, bro. I only ever remember him being a cool guy!
    I know, me too, which doesn't explain his current mood.

Then again, we were in Fain's order together so it could have been a front.
    Did you just suggest that I'm a whore?

I like to think of myself as like a Companion from Firefly. We're highly trained and good at what we do.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I miss people logging in to interact with other players instead of collecting the next gimmick.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I miss Ashteru, Bashara, Veyda, and everyone else in the Glomdoring who ever helped me not take things so seriously. Miss Ashteru especially... it was always nice having someone around who made your life decisions look good in comparison. And we never did get that family situation sorted out. >_>

Miss Janalon. She doesn't even think she's been out long enough to be missed, I bet, but she'd be wrong.

I miss being somewhat combat-effective, but that's not a game thing as much as me needing to L2P again.
  • Thul said:
    I miss Ashteru, Bashara, Veyda.
    Me too man. Me tooooo. Also Synl.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.