Level Guide to Hunting

edited March 2013 in World Library
Because I bash more than I influence and I have often searched for such a list, here we will work towards compiling a comprehensive list of hunting areas for each level.

Hunting By Level

Important Note: These are suggested levels. Different classes with different skills will be more adept at handling some areas. Racial constitution is a consideration too. As a Faeling you are going to have a lot more trouble doing linked astral at the suggested level here than if you're Igashen.

1-31

• Newton Caverns [gnomes, finks]
  • Lolliprin [shroomies, pigs, gnomes, hogs, finks, ants]
  • Mountaintop Battlegrounds [finks, gnomes]
  • Vermin in Cities/Communes [rats/weevils syntx: VERMIN]

30-50

• Inner Sea [Everything on the top levels]
  • Oleanvir Valley [Everything non-loyal PROBE <target> to determine]
  • Spectre Isle [Magnagoran Territory. boys, girls, men, women, paladins?] (Org quest for Mag tied to these, good exp/gold)
  • Toronada Tidal Flats [crabs, dogs, birds etc. CRABS break limbs, need MENDING]
  • Water, Earth, Fire, Air planes [All organizational territory, you may get enemied]
  • Blasted Lands [everything above ground, watch for mounds of sand]
  • Mountains [rockeaters]
  • Shallach [Orcs on the top level]
  • Hifarae [Spawn and Centaurs, killing centaurs may get you enemied to Serenwilde]

50-60

• Mountains [moose]
  • Skarch Desert [lizards]
  • Presidio of the Damned [?]
  • Spectre Isle [paladins]
  • Verasavir Valley [taurians and wolves, note that killing Taurians will get you enemied to the Snow Valley tribe]
  • Arthar'rt Observatory [freaks, lucidians enemy status to lucidians]
  • Carai Caroo [?]
  • Isle of Nyalia [Merians that team and call guards Celest Territory, will get you enemied]
  • Bondero Bay [scrumhogs team and break lots of bones] <- what's the name of the scrumhog island?
  • Inner Sea [quinotaurs, kelpies and will get you enemied to factions and maybe Celest]
  • Sea of Despair [sharks and other sea creatures]
  • Tainted Broadcasting Center [fishers]

60-80

• Arysian Isles [gorgogs]
  • Grey Moors [krokani and aslarans, enemied to their factions and teaming from guards]
  • Snow Valley [assorted wildlife, taurians giving enemy status]
  • Astral Respawns [assorted astral creatures, use caution]
  • Undervault [tunnel trash, hyfae has excoro weak]
  • Icewynd Mountains [bears, mammoths if you're beefy]
  • Shallamurine Cathedral [??]
  • Tosha Monastery/Pits [monks, creatures in the pit, careful of the loboshigaru spirits as they are very tough]
  • Shallach [ur'dead giving enemy status to Magnagora]

80-90

• Assorted Aetherbubbles? [need info from people who hunt there]
  • Astral [linked]
  • Catacombs of the Dead [assortment of gar creatures, heavy afflictions]
  • Asylum [wardens, patients, doctors, scientists wardens team and call guards once you're enemied]
  • Undervault [kephera and illithoid, team and call guards, fishers, undead fishers, mantekarr, adoraths]
  • Tainted Broadcast Center [gravediggers will team]
  • Duum

90-100

• Mount Dio [garuls, skaras]
  • Land of Flesh and Blood [cestodes, globules, necrotrophs, nematodes, diseased parasites, symbiotes, trematodes]
  • Iceburn Pains [ice larvae, frost manes, ice lemures, frost imps, freezing eyebanes, ice skulls, frost fiends, ice devils (warning: beware of ice mounds, contains numerous icediggers. Squint before moving.) The ice creatures will ALL TEAM. Suggested you go in with a large group of powerful hunters]
  • Lirangsha
  • Waste Storage Facility/Gutter [guards who team?, zombies but be careful]
?? not there yet... <.<

Please add in more!

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Hunting spectres won't get you enemied to anywhere, and can easily be done before level 50. Also its really good quest exp/karma/gold when you do the Magnagoran power quest.

Bondero Bay(Merians) is really the Isle of Nyalia, they do call guards and team.

Also anything in either Inner Sea/Sea of Despair is good to hunt before level 60 (vampire squids/kelpies will get you enemied to Ladantine/kelpies)

Level 50-60: Tainted Broadcasting Center, the fishers

60-80: TBC, gravediggers (will team)

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Bondero bay includes scrumhogs and gorgogs on the other isles, too, if you want more than just merians. Both of which might be more comfortably tried around level 60, I think.

Scrumhogs don't enemy, but they do team, and you want to really watch those bone breaks. There will be many. Gorgogs do both, but aren't terrible as long as you can manage the fire damage and don't engage too many at once. They randomly create more, too, so watch for that.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Waste Facility is more 90-100 due to the volume of zombies and that they are all aggro. I have to be careful as a dmp stacked Ascendant. That's a brave level 80 doing waste facility.

Duum is good for 60-80 or maybe 80-90.

Lashringa is good after 90.

Tainted Broadcasting Center for 80-90.

Hyfae in the UV for 60-80. Rare excoro week mobs.

Iceburn plains, to my understanding, aren't soloable anymore. Going there even at level 100 seems to be suicidal balance lockout.

All areas are subject to class though. Warriors and monks can usually do areas before a telepath mage or squishy bard.

• edited March 2013
    I noted on Iceburn Plains that a team is required.

And Celina why did you mark my OP as off-topic?

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Misclick. My bad.

• Scrumhogs are on Vesucia.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• I think if you want to do a proper hunting guide, you'll really want to break it down by class and damage types. Level doesn't mean so much across the broader spectrum.
  • Alright, I'll start working that in

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Don't forget the parasites as well in the I'xiia asylum. Those were a favourite amongst a lot of the novices I've hunted with in the past. Very good source of gold and generally very popular.

Spiders are very much worth bashing as well in the observatory once you're in there.

Didn't see this on the list, but Naga make for some good low level hunting as well and decentish gold when you sell them. Just make sure you inform people not to raise the cloier.

Rocs and manticores on the Northern and Southern peaks respectively should be on everyone's list in the 60-80 tier.
  • Mountain rockeaters are doable at level 15 by most people provided good stat curing is in place. Further, I'd place linked astral at 90+ rather than 80 personally. Only a small subset of people can handle it at 80.
  • @Rivius: Parasites in the asylum? Where are those? I'll add the others.

@Draylor: Will add. Also re: linked astral, I was going on my own experience as a warrior who had 7k health at 80 :) I will add in the difference when I redo this based on class type.

• Majanishi said:
    @Rivius: Parasites in the asylum? Where are those? I'll add the others.
    BREAK the TUBEs in the northern staff area.
  • Ohhhhhhh.