Scripting Questions

Have a problem with a script? Need a little advice on how to improve something? Post it here! Language is not important.

Comments

• Curious about creating an Enemy/Ally database on mudlet so when I send QW it will auto-enemy/auto-ally those who are on my ENEMY/ALLIES list, while respecting the green/red function in CONFIG. I don't even know where to start on such a thing.
  • Soraya said:
    Curious about creating an Enemy/Ally database on mudlet so when I send QW it will auto-enemy/auto-ally those who are on my ENEMY/ALLIES list, while respecting the green/red function in CONFIG. I don't even know where to start on such a thing.
    I already have code for this, but mine works off SCENT and WHO HERE. It's no small undertaking, for sure and I have to say, certainly outside of the realms of this thread.

That said, I guess I can share a small part of it just to show the method I used....

Hope that gives you some ideas to play with.
  • Is http://pastie.org/5128280 just a basic of QW for allies/enemies?
    (Not sure if link worked but the first one on your post.)
  • edited October 2012
    That is basically there to do the initial table declarations and apply the default allies/enemies. (I do UNENEMY ALL/UNALLY ALL on each scent.)

Other links are working fine for me. :)
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Draylor's enemy/ally database stuff is a lot more substantial, but for a quick and easy solution, this might do what you want.

http://pastie.org/private/d2nvcpiwd3r5qg2xora5aa

(Unless your ally/enemy list is permanent, you should move the ally/enemy lists outside of the trigger script, so they can be more easily kept updated without having to keep editing the trigger itself.)
  • Are there any scripts for influencing denizens on mudlet?
  • edited November 2012
    Vadi sells an addon for his system. It costs 10 credits and getting it is as simple as sending over the credits and messaging him.

For a free alternative, check this page.
  • For some reason my mapper seems to think I'm connected to Achaea so is showing Achaean areas that don't even correlate to the room I'm in. Any reasons why and how I can fix it?
  • Not sure if this includes SQL, but here goes:

I have a table with a (should-be) unique string, although it's not an index. Yes, silly of me to not set the proper constraints at the time of table creation, but there you go. Now I've noticed that it's got plenty of duplicates. Is there a simple way of fixing this, or do I basically have to export data, recreate the table, and then import the data again, ignoring the warnings given at that time?
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Randlog said:
    For some reason my mapper seems to think I'm connected to Achaea so is showing Achaean areas that don't even correlate to the room I'm in. Any reasons why and how I can fix it?
    I haven't heard this problem before. Did you previously use that profile for Achaea? If no one can give you a technical way to go about a fix, I would try to update your map (Settings->Special Options->download latest map version from server) first, and if that doesn't work, install the latest version of the mapper if you haven't tried that (http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/IRE_mapping_script). If you still run into trouble, you can try creating a fresh new profile and see if the mapper properly syncs to the Lusternia map when you initialize it.