Wyrdenwood skills

ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
You have gained the following abilities in Wyrdenwood:
Wyrdenwood          You are the Wyrd.
Treehollow          Hollow out your trunk to store sap.
Oozing              Oozing leaves cause wet misery.
Seeping             Poison seeps from your scarred trunk.
Deadened            These branches leave disfiguring scars.
Pepper              Spicy pepper leaves cause uncontrollable violence.
Fibrous             A thick bark to protect you.
Wyrden              You are the guardian of Glomdoring's trees.
Worm                Leaves infested with worms.
Insect              Summon a merciless swarm of insects.
Flailing            Your vines shall bind them.
Wasp                Summon a terrible swarm of wasps.
Blood               Maroon leaves shall open wounds.
Fuse                Fuse runes to your flailing vines.
Clinging            Hold your ground among the trees.
Razor               Protect yourself with razor-sharp bark.
Hornet              Summon a fierce swarm of hornets.
Coppice             A dark union of the merciless forest.
Leafblight          A peculiar blight to grow your leaves.
Noose               Hang them from your boughs.
Thorn               These branches are poisoned to thin blood.
Tangled             Long, flexible branches to bind.
Creeping            Slowly draw out every nearby insect.
CrimsonMoss         Blood shall be your nourishment.
See AB WYRDENWOOD <ability> for more information on an ability.

WYRDENWOOD - WYRDENWOOD

You have shed your previous fleshly form and become a part of the legacy of the Wyrden Forest, one of the mighty Wyrdenwood.

WYRDENWOOD - TREEHOLLOW

Syntax: TREEHOLLOW CREATE
        TREEHOLLOW STATUS
        TREEHOLLOW TRANSMUTE [#] TO <sap>
        TREEHOLLOW RELEASE [#] <sap>
Power:  10 (Master Ravenwood Tree) (to create)
Outlay: wood 50 (to create)
        shadowessence 1 (to transmute)

The treehollow forms the foundation of the powerful art of the Wyrdenwood, storing the venomous saps you transmute from shadowy essence. A single piece of shadow essence can be used to create 5 globules of sap, and your hollow can hold up to 2000 of these at any time. You may release sap to make room for other types.

WYRDENWOOD - OOZING

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD GROW OOZING
        WYRDENWOOD WITHER OOZING
        WYRDENWOOD FOCUS [<target>|NOBODY]
        WYRDENWOOD STATUS
        WYRDENWOOD CONCENTRATE

Populating your branches with the venomous oozing leaves will allow you to poison your victims. The leaves will continue to spread illness for one Lusternian day. When focused upon someone, they will be afflicted with dysentery.

Concentrating on your leaves will cause them to release their effects at the same time.

WYRDENWOOD - SEEPING

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD BARK SEEPING
Outlay: wood 10 oozing sap 100
DMP:    20 poison (buff)

By growing an exterior of seeping bark, wyrdenwood will be able to increase the damage of any poisonous attacks. This bark will last fifty months.

WYRDENWOOD - DEADENED

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD GROW DEADENED BRANCHES
Outlay: wood 10 pepper 100

Deadened branches have a small chance of striking an attacker and afflicting them with disloyalty. These branches will last fifty months.

WYRDENWOOD - PEPPER

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD GROW PEPPER
        WYRDENWOOD WITHER PEPPER
        WYRDENWOOD STATUS

You can now grow toxic pepper leaves within your branches. Releasing them upon a victim will confuse the target, causing them to injure themselves. The leaves will continue to disperse for one Lusternian day. When focused upon someone, they will afflict the person with masochism.

WYRDENWOOD - FIBROUS

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD BARK FIBROUS
Outlay: wood 25 oozing 100 pepper 100
DMP:    20 blunt (resist)

The protection of fibrous bark will shield the wyrdenwood from blunt damage attacks. This bark will last fifty months.

WYRDENWOOD - WYRDEN

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD BARK WYRDEN
        BARKGUARD <tree>
Outlay: wood 25 oozing 100 pepper 100

By growing wyrden bark, you establish a powerful connection with the Glomdoring. This bark will allow you to to protect other trees from the interference of heretics against the Wyrd. You can guard up to ten commune trees per month from being chopped down. The protection will last until the tree reaches its next stage of growth. This bark will last fifty months.

WYRDENWOOD - WORM

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD GROW WORM
        WYRDENWOOD WITHER WORM
        WYRDENWOOD STATUS

You can now grow infested worm leaves within your branches which you can then release in a grotesque shower upon your victim. The leaves will continue to fall for one Lusternian day. When focused upon someone, they will afflict the person with worms.

WYRDENWOOD - INSECT

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD SUMMON INSECT SWARM
Power:  5 (Master Ravenwood)
Damage Type: 50% poison 50% cutting
Damage Source: Brute (magical)

Summon forth the creepers and crawlers of the Wyrd. This insect swarm requires that both oozing and pepper leaves be grown, and the summon will consume them in the process. Their bites and stings will both cut and poison, and afflict the victim with dysentery and masochism.

WYRDENWOOD - FLAILING

Syntax: VINE GROW
        VINE FLAIL [Target]
Power:  10 (Master Ravenwood)
Outlay: wood 50 oozing 100 pepper 100 worm 100

Grow a long vine filled with wickedly sharp thorns to attack those who would dare stand against you.

WYRDENWOOD - WASP

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD SUMMON WASP SWARM
Damage Type: 33% poison 33% bleed 33% cutting

Summon a swarm of vicious wasps to engulf your enemy. This swarm requires that worm and pepper leaves be grown, and summoning it will consume these leaves in the process. Their venomous stings will leave victims unable to move their bodies.

WYRDENWOOD - BLOOD

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD GROW BLOOD
        WYRDENWOOD WITHER BLOOD
        WYRDENWOOD STATUS

Grow crimson, blood leaves within your branches to rain down upon your victim. The leaves will continue to fall for one Lusternian day. When focused upon a target, they will cause the victim to bleed.

WYRDENWOOD - FUSE

Syntax: VINES FUSE <rune list>
        WIPE VINES (to remove runes)

You can now fuse up to five runes to your vines. Every time you perform an attack with your vines, one of the runes will be triggered.

WYRDENWOOD - CLINGING

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD GROW CLINGING BRANCHES
Outlay: wood 50 oozing 100 worm 100

Clinging branches claw their way into the surrounding environment, and offer the caster some protection from summoning. This effect is even stronger in forests. These branches will last for fifty months.

WYRDENWOOD - RAZOR

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD BARK RAZOR
Outlay: wood 50 pepper 100 blood 100

Grow razor bark to extract bloody tribute from those who would dare strike out against the Wyrd. Those who attack you will now risk cutting themselves and bleeding. These branches will last for fifty months.

WYRDENWOOD - HORNET

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD SUMMON HORNET SWARM
        WYRDENWOOD FOCUS [Target]

Summon a horde of stinging hornets to attack foes of the Glomdoring. This swarm requires that oozing, pepper, and blood leaves be grown and it will consume these leaves upon summoning. Their painful sticks will poison and cut your target, and will afflict them black lung.

WYRDENWOOD - COPPICE

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD LINK <Crow druid or wyrdenwood>

By allowing another druid's magics to meld with you roots, you can increase the power of your leaves. Each link will increase the radius of your effects by one room. Any damage caused by your attacks will be increased if the target is standing inside the demesne of a linked druid.

WYRDENWOOD - LEAFBLIGHT

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD GROW ALL
Power:  3

You can now simultaneously grow your oozing, pepper, worm, and blood leaves all at once.

WYRDENWOOD - NOOSE

Syntax: VINE GROW NOOSE
        VINE NOOSE <target> [<dir>]
Outlay: wood 25 blood 100
Damage Type: 50% cutting 50% asphyxiation

Twist your thorny vines into a macabre noose to lynch those who would dare stand against the dark forest. By using one blood sap you can wrap a noose around the neck of your victim causing cutting and asphyxiation damage whilst entangling them.

WYRDENWOOD - THORN

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD GROW THORN BRANCHES
Outlay: wood 50 worm 100 blood 100

Thorny branches can prick your victims when they attack you and afflict them with haemophelia. These branches will decay after fifty months.

WYRDENWOOD - TANGLED

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD GROW TANGLED BRANCHES
Outlay: wood 50 oozing 100 blood 100

Grow tangled branches to entrap those who strike out at you. Every attacker has a small chance of being entangled within your branches. These branches will last fifty months before decaying.

WYRDENWOOD - CREEPING

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD SUMMON CREEPING DOOM
Damage Type: 33% poison 33% bleed 33% cutting

Summon the ultimate swarm of insects to devour enemies of the Wyrd. This swarm will require that you have grown oozing, pepper, worm, and blood leaves and it will consume these leaves upon summoning. This carpet of insects will target everyone in the room with painful stings and a stun, both of which are increased depending on the presence of any of the following ailments: bleeding, worms, paralysis, haemophilia, and entanglement.

WYRDENWOOD - CRIMSONMOSS

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD GROW CRIMSON MOSS
Outlay: oozing 10 blood 10 worm 10 pepper 10

Grow a bed of crimson moss to absorb the blood of your enemies for strength. Any bleeding by others in the room will be soaked up by the moss and restore health to the wyrdenwood proportional to how long the moss has been active. Also, any bleeding by a wyrdenwood will be reduce over time, but will not heal others nearby. The moss will last for one Lusternian day.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited April 2013
    One of the only shining gems is the damage + entangle attack that can be done from adjacent rooms. The rest is meh and the trans skill is arguably the worst of the *chems so far unless the bleed:heal ratio is something awesome.

The big nuke seems to be more doable right out of the box compared to other *chems, so that's nice. Start nuke, then beast spit haemophilia, then noose with a fused paralysis rune. Bleed (presumably from the passives) + haemophilia + entangle + paralysis all at once. Should be great damage.

Better make that special report count anyway though!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2013
    The crimsonmoss skill sounds pretty cool. What's the max ratio?
  • Shuyin said:
    One of the only shining gems is the damage + entangle attack that can be done from adjacent rooms. The rest is meh and the trans skill is arguably the worst of the *chems so far unless the bleed:heal ratio is something awesome.

The big nuke seems to be more doable right out of the box compared to other *chems, so that's nice. Start nuke, then beast spit haemophilia, then noose with a fused paralysis rune. Bleed (presumably from the passives) + haemophilia + entangle + paralysis all at once. Should be great damage.

Better make that special report count anyway though!
    Cutting type damage from the noose would theoretically cause bleeding by itself. And keeping in mind that part of that nuke damage is bleeding, which will bypass DMP I assume, should make this pretty impressive. (If people clot off the 1k+ bleeding, they might end up in range for swoop).

• Huh, so Glomdoring gets hunger tactics. Not exactly reliable hunger, since it's a choleric cure and it won't tick reliably in a 1v1. More bleeding and haemophilia to synergize with the rest of the Glom guilds, huh. Might not be as good as an actual meld, I'm guessing, but if it's in addition to melds, this is going to be pretty slick. Chance for charybdon on bombs will be nice, I guess.

Reactive entangling will be lulzy. At least it no longer breaks combos, I guess.

Lolol @ the anti-blunt on top of the racial blunt resistance. Poor bonecrushers.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Well, the standard bashing attack having a chance to afflict with charybdon looks pretty nice, too. We'll just have to see how it goes. From the looks of it, barktouch is part poison at least, too... as I managed to afflict myself with confusion by testing it on myself... and it definitely deals decent damage too... almost 1000 for a racial attack is nice.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Lerad said:
    Huh, so Glomdoring gets hunger tactics. Not exactly reliable hunger, since it's a choleric cure and it won't tick reliably in a 1v1. More bleeding and haemophilia to synergize with the rest of the Glom guilds, huh. Might not be as good as an actual meld, I'm guessing, but if it's in addition to melds, this is going to be pretty slick. Chance for charybdon on bombs will be nice, I guess.

Reactive entangling will be lulzy. At least it no longer breaks combos, I guess.

Lolol @ the anti-blunt on top of the racial blunt resistance. Poor bonecrushers.
    Pretty sure the anti-blunt is targetted against Wildewood. Also - how does reactive entanglement not break combos? (I don't see how anyone can kill Wyrdenwood 1v1 - they'd spend most of their time entangled!)

• Autumnalsurge doesn't look like it carried over. Though I guess that might depend on the guild.

• Raeri said:
    Lerad said:
    Huh, so Glomdoring gets hunger tactics. Not exactly reliable hunger, since it's a choleric cure and it won't tick reliably in a 1v1. More bleeding and haemophilia to synergize with the rest of the Glom guilds, huh. Might not be as good as an actual meld, I'm guessing, but if it's in addition to melds, this is going to be pretty slick. Chance for charybdon on bombs will be nice, I guess.

Pretty sure the anti-blunt is targetted against Wildewood. Also - how does reactive entanglement not break combos? (I don't see how anyone can kill Wyrdenwood 1v1 - they'd spend most of their time entangled!)
    Branch attacks are all changed to give their afflictions at the end of the attack that proc'd it, in the case of combos, at the end of it, so they won't break combos. And yes, the two woods are thematically opposites, wildewood get blunt buff and poison dmp, viceversa for wyrdenwood. Still, the blunt stacking on top of racials is going to make them even tankier than wildewood against blunt users. Using cutting, the damage type wyrdenwood is weak to is also less effective than using it on wildewood, because lol automatic clotting from the trans skill.

• Lerad said:
    Huh, so Glomdoring gets hunger tactics. Not exactly reliable hunger, since it's a choleric cure and it won't tick reliably in a 1v1.
    Worms doesn't actually cause hunger, it just makes eating food not increase satiation. 
  • They do get dysentry as well, though, which can proc hunger tics, I thought?

• Oh, so they do. Yes, I think it can. Not very reliable. 
    Oh, this very much made my day....

You are wielding a putrid thornvine whip in your right hand.

• Barktouch shouldn't give charybdon, it should be 100% magic. Might want to check that one.
  • edited April 2013
    Huh, barktouch changes according to the *wood. How decidedly interesting, since the Wildewood one does magic. *tweak*

I echo the interest in seeing how direct to-bleed skills would do. Theoretically looks very much bleed focused, especially when remembering Crow's bleed-synergy too.

Not a fan of worms and dysentery's large uselessness though. Up that there bleed focus by throwing in lacerations or something instead.
    Asmodea said:
    Barktouch shouldn't give charybdon, it should be 100% magic. Might want to check that one.
    I could be wrong there, though not sure how... nothing hit me since switching to wyrdenwood and I smacked myself with it... then had confusion.

• Charybdon can't cause confusion. Very odd.
    Guess I was wrong there, hmmm.

• Elanorwen said:
    Asmodea said:
    Barktouch shouldn't give charybdon, it should be 100% magic. Might want to check that one.
    I could be wrong there, though not sure how... nothing hit me since switching to wyrdenwood and I smacked myself with it... then had confusion.
    Crow shadow thing proccing on-hit maybe?

• Crow shadow thing doesn't give affs either. That's a minor (almost inconsequential) damage boost, iirc. The construct that gives the def is still under construction anyway, so that's impossible at any rate. Possibly just Elanorwen making a mistake somewhere? If it pops up again in future tests, we'll know for sure, I guess?

• Lerad said:
    Crow shadow thing doesn't give affs either. That's a minor (almost inconsequential) damage boost, iirc. The construct that gives the def is still under construction anyway, so that's impossible at any rate. Possibly just Elanorwen making a mistake somewhere? If it pops up again in future tests, we'll know for sure, I guess?
    That's not what I meant. I'm referring to the crow spirit thing from Crow DarkRebirth.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Viynain said:
    Charybdon can't cause confusion. Very odd.
    I thought it can cause a random affliction? Anyway Charybdon comes from the Wildewood racials, not their skill list.

o  Have a chance to cause charybdon on poison attacks, level 1.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Charybdon morphs into a random poison at time of affliction. There is no confusion poison.

• edited April 2013
    Raeri said:
    That's not what I meant. I'm referring to the crow spirit thing from Crow DarkRebirth.
    Ah, not sure if that ability gives affs. Could be it, though, good point.

I've given it some thought over the past couple of hours, and looking at the affs of the skillset, it's clearly not going to be pressuring cure balances any time soon, probably not even with liberal blackouts from dreamweaving or rune spam. The only thing it has going for it is, as Shuyin says, the ability to quickly give a few of the boosting affs at once, and timing the delayed cure nature of those affs to the big bomb. It might be able to pressure vitals far more efficiently than its wildewood counterpart, though. Haegl imbued vines mean that haegl can not only be combined with both damage, but also some bleeding to put pressure on clotting or health (and maybe a charybdon proc if they are lucky). Not sure if the rune embeds work with the advanced version, that gives entangle: that would be even better, health + mana damage simultaneously with hangedman. Good thing changing perspectives take balance, or crow swoop might become too easy.

As with all of the other versions of the new spec, though, the real danger lies in stacking. Just having 2 wyrdenwood together spamming vines is going to be painful. This is doubly so as bleeding is an 'aff' that benefits from being stacked more than actual afflictions do. There's no real downside to having two wyrdenwood focusing their leaves on you. Not to mention, of course, the bombs.

On the plus side, worms and dysentry are pretty much throw-away leaves. They don't have a reliable manner of procing (unless they are changed to proc their tics on getting the affliction like vapours), they aren't even really stackable with either motes or runes, nor are they synergistic with the other glom guilds even if they do proc. The only reason to even put them up ever is to use them for bombs. From my perspective, it seems like the bleeding is what will make or break Wyrdenwood. If it's of a level high enough to be effective, we've got a skillset that's respectably powerful and pretty much devastating when grouped with their natural allies. If it's not, then they have nothing else to fall back on, since their only other affs are non stackable (paralysis/entanglement) or don't contribute anything to a coherent offence (dysentry/worms).

Will need to test the spec in spars and look at the bleeding it gives, I guess.

The bleeding in group scenarios coupled with nightsweats, twist drain and released shadows is going to speed up the mana kills.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Imagine that, Glomdoring's skillset has synergy with the rest of the commune :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It mostly depends on how much bleeding these attacks do.  I could see it easily becoming overwhelming if it's too high.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Well, I'm willing to bet a druid thornlashing would do more bleeding but I haven't seen the skillset in action yet.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited April 2013
    Never mind, read this wrong.

What's barktouch, anyway?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Imagine that, Glomdoring's skillset has synergy with the rest of the commune :)
    It comes across as more in synergy than a couple of the others, which just seem to be straight up damage and offer or gain little from the other classes.

• Worms and Dysentry is strange. Bleeding and poison is unsurprising. I agree with others that the bleeding and nuke will make or break the skillset. Will be interesting to see it in action.