Wyrdenwood skills

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shedrin said:
    Worms and Dysentry is strange. Bleeding and poison is unsurprising. I agree with others that the bleeding and nuke will make or break the skillset. Will be interesting to see it in action.
    I'm already considering trying to replace Dysentery with Haemophilia, and then replace the haeomophilia active with something else- but that depends entirely on the level of bleeding.  Otherwise the affs don't really mesh with it whatsoever, it'd be nice if at least one did.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Er...masochism, dysentery, and worms? Those are pretty bottom of the barrel affs. Weird.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think a lot of the affs from chems and woods are mostly there for rp purposes, and not really selected for synergy. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Bottom of the barrel afflictions that tend to be low on the curing priorities, means they'll probably be easier to build up for the multiplier bomb damage no?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

But the multiplier bomb damage is a 10p, delayed cast- you're not going to be leaning on that much.  Or at least you shouldn't be.  Unless it is hilariously broken.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2013
    I dunno, let's ask Mag how well they stack plague affs like dysentry and worms? 

(They don't, cause plague affs suck and they all have different cure balances.)

Edit: the flavour is cool though. 
  • edited April 2013
    Hey, anything that gives a plague aff is good in my book.
    Also, choleric cures are nice for classes that rely  on enemy list since it might take down love potion.

Trying to using worms/dysentery for hunger attrition would be a terrible idea. Not to mention that it won't strip constitution so would be useless on warriors. 

Will be interesting to see how it plays out though. The theme is pretty cool.

Edit: dysentery isn't an official "plague aff" those are just worms, pox, rigor, epilepsy and scabies.

edited April 2013
    So after some brief testing, I forsee issues with the damage of wasp swarm.

Non linked demense vs 44% poison and 117 cutting plate, resulted in a 2k cutting damage and 2k bleed tick. Two of these firing off is an AoE room clearer.

I will say though, this included Nightsweats.

Their variant of glinshari however is pretty weak, it does less damage than wasp swarm at 0 afflictions, and went up to about 4.5k.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

The bleed looks like it's outside of DMP, because it's 33% of the total attack; the other 66% got knocked to 2k by DMP, and the bleeding stands alone.

It might need to be 50/25/25 or something, 33% bypassing DMP is looking a little high on initial glance.  Because you have to clot that or you die, and if you clot that, well, mana kills abound.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2013
    Elanorwen said:
    Well, the standard bashing attack having a chance to afflict with charybdon looks pretty nice, too. We'll just have to see how it goes. From the looks of it, barktouch is part poison at least, too... as I managed to afflict myself with confusion by testing it on myself... and it definitely deals decent damage too... almost 1000 for a racial attack is nice.
    Barktouch should be straight magic damage, so that sounds like a bug. It's not really... a racial attack a la breathe fire or hug, it's intended to be a 1:1 port of nature curse to brute magic source, for a class that swaps at mastery to a strength based build.

EDIT: Also, without afflictions, all the Glinshari-type things should have been nerfed by a recent changelog.
    These affs are a bit random, just as random as Wilde's were when it came out. A good fix is probably needed here too.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    So after some brief testing, I forsee issues with the damage of wasp swarm.

Non linked demense vs 44% poison and 117 cutting plate, resulted in a 2k cutting damage and 2k bleed tick. Two of these firing off is an AoE room clearer.

I will say though, this included Nightsweats.

Their variant of glinshari however is pretty weak, it does less damage than wasp swarm at 0 afflictions, and went up to about 4.5k.
    I'm talking with Iosai about it right now. It is going to be changed... I'm thinking it's likely wasp swarm got a different damage type than it was supposed to (bleed instead of something else) and creeping doom lost its bleed. Come on now, you know my name ain't Morbo. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • The 33% bleed part of the AB files was a miscommunication and has been removed. The high bleed has been toned down for wasp swarm.

Barktouch is pure magical damage.
    Xenthos said:

Because you have to clot that or you die, and if you clot that, well, mana kills abound.
    Very much this, Glom has commune wide some of the best setups for mana kills, having synergy is nice, but this will be toad and swoop spam heaven.

• Keep in mind that magic source cutting and blunt damage bypasses armor like plate and robes.

• I'm curious, what does it look like when a Wyrdenwood uses Swoop?
    Like crazy town.
    edited April 2013
    Iosai said:
    The 33% bleed part of the AB files was a miscommunication and has been removed. The high bleed has been toned down for wasp swarm.

Thanks for the fast response! Is this already on the server for testing purposes?

Edit: It's updated, down to 1,704 damage and 804 bleed. Thank you!

• Yep!
    Also is creeping's damage calcuations right?

Just wondering because compared to other time bombs that's easily the weakest I've ever come across.

• The top-tier ranged skills generally only reach their potential when the target has some of the required afflictions on them. Without any, it is quite average.
    That's the correct ballpark yes. I haven't done extensive testing with the new code on Glinshari, but that's about how much it's doing with no affs.
    edited April 2013
    Iosai said:
    The top-tier ranged skills generally only reach their potential when the target has some of the required afflictions on them. Without any, it is quite average.
    Even with two on me it seemed somewhat underwhelming. I remember mid to high affliction levels actually taking off 50%+ of my health.

2,641 damage on someone with 11,484 when paralysis and entangled were up. I haven't been hit by one of the other time bombs for a few weeks, but I remember having that much health left, not taken off (and having up to 14k HP)

It looks like wasp swarm will be the go to, easy to set up, requires no afflictions and has a good amount of damage and bleed, even post adjustment.

• Ab tweaks? Also, does Wildewood have the first skill being Wildewood too?
    edited April 2013
    @Viynain Yes, think so. 

@Morkarion Yeah, all the bomb skills are pretty underwhelming right now. With all 5 of my afflictions on someone, I think I'm capping out at right about 5k damage, with my ~60 blunt offensive dmp and ~40 magic offensive dmp. The attacks you remember are from... three nerfs ago? 

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that I haven't tested since the most recent change, which makes the base lower but the modifiers do more. There is a chance that the modifiers aren't adding flat amounts, but percentage amounts... in which case buff stacking might do unexpected things, like with Morbo. My family leaves tomorrow, and I'll have the time/energy to do some really in-depth testing again.
    Viynain said:
    Ab tweaks? Also, does Wildewood have the first skill being Wildewood too?
    Yes, the first skill in the set is called Wyldewood, and it's essentially the thing that converts you into a tree... I have the wall of text that smacks you when that happens, too... if you're interested.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen shifts towards Malarious and fixes him with a baleful, red glare as she emits a low, mornful moan, her looming, twisted form quivering with the forcefulness of it.

• edited April 2013
    Xenthos said:
    Elanorwen shifts towards Malarious and fixes him with a baleful, red glare as she emits a low, mornful moan, her looming, twisted form quivering with the forcefulness of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F_XaIuw6K6Q#t=7s
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    What we seem to be missing is an ability to cut trees, be it for mulching purposes or to help with the growth of a mystic tree. Then again... the mental image of a tree swinging an axe at another tree is a bit amusing too, I guess. I'd personally like the ability to carve totems and be able to tell how many days are left until a totem reverts.

• Elanorwen said:
    What we seem to be missing is an ability to cut trees, be it for mulching purposes or to help with the growth of a mystic tree. Then again... the mental image of a tree swinging an axe at another tree is a bit amusing too, I guess. I'd personally like the ability to carve totems and be able to tell how many days are left until a totem reverts.

Reports 1057, 1091, most of the discussion around Wildewood.

I'm still not sure why you didn't get a version of autumnal surge though (mulch resulting in sap rather than wood)