Wyrdenwood skills

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Wait wait wait so Wyrdenwoods can't call their nests unless a nonforest room has been forested/infested by a druidry druid?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• That is correct, Siam.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Well, where would you call it? Up on your figurative head? There is no perspective shift to trees without trees present, because then people would theoretically be unable to attack you, being that forced perspective changes are not exactly on the top of the list of abilities to acquire (Yes, yes, I know there's a geyser enchant one can buy, but eh), you can just pop up in trees and be unkillable unless someone has a way to bring you back down.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2013
    It's impossible to force a *wood to change perspective by any means, as long as there is a tree elevation in the room. Your options are to remove the forest or deal with it and climb up (it's not like our combat improves... at all for being on the tree terrain).
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    If Shaking wasn't so high up in Environment, I'd suggest SHAKE TREES forces a *wood to come back down to ground level!
    I see. Well, how does that affect the Wyrdenwood? Are there any skills that rely on the nest? 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    I see. Well, how does that affect the Wyrdenwood? Are there any skills that rely on the nest? 
    Not really. Only reason you'd want nest summoned is for the passive regen it grants. I don't use it myself at all, considering the cost. On that note... uhhh, wait, *wood cannot be forced to change perspective? Who came up with that? I distinctly recall being able to swoop a wildewood and drag them up in the trees from ground.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited April 2013
    Oh. Well, right. I should have been more specific and said that nothing can force a *wood down. For balance reason, druids are still able to use a few methods to get them up to the trees, and they aren't made immune to swoop. In other words, they're immune to highjump, shake, hexagram, wind, slyph,  geyser, and all similar skills.
  • Not to sound picky but im wondering how wierd a Wyrdenwood Druid with Crow totem specifics would look. >.>

There goes man-tree-crow-thing- into the skies!
  • KioKio
    edited April 2013
    While running around trying to not get shattered during the revolt the other day, I giggled because of the image of using my crow wings to fly. Then I remembered I'm a rotting tree of awesome and stopped questioning it.
  • edited April 2013
    How about eyepeck? I'm just imagining this massive tree trunk trying to aim for your eye, but ends up smashing your face in instead.

Edit: And when I read the news post about making Perch innate for Wyrdenwood, I couldn't help but imagine a tree perching on a tree. And squawking away for good measure.
    Caerulo said:
    How about eyepeck? I'm just imagining this massive tree trunk trying to aim for your eye, but ends up smashing your face in instead. Edit: And when I read the news post about making Perch innate for Wyrdenwood, I couldn't help but imagine a tree perching on a tree. And squawking away for good measure.
    Mmh... it's actually just that Wyrdenwood doesn't require perch to swoop. Now imagine that tree swooping from above to caw in your face before dragging you up. I guess the swoop insta makes a bit more sense then... I know I'd have a heart attack if that happened to me.

Now, imagine that it's not a tree swooping in... it's just their face and limbs swooping down, you could see the rest of the tree the entire time.
    Enyalida said:
    Now, imagine that it's not a tree swooping in... it's just their face and limbs swooping down, you could see the rest of the tree the entire time.
    It's a rather troubling concept, yes.

• Syntax: WYRDENWOOD SUMMON HORNET SWARM
            WYRDENWOOD FOCUS [Target]
    Power:  5 (Master Ravenwood)
    Damage Type: 50% poison 50% cutting
    Damage Source: Brute (magical)

Summon a horde of stinging hornets to attack foes of the Glomdoring.This swarm requires that oozing, pepper, and blood leaves be grown andit will consume these leaves upon summoning. Their painful sticks will poison and cut your target, and will afflict them black lung.

This skill is currently being blocked by the Rune of Absorption.  Should this be occurring?
  • RoA has a chance to absorb physical damage. So the RoA should only be absorbing the physical part of the attack, leaving the poison half to still deal damage.
    Yep, that's how it's intended to work. Dodging and other related mechanics (including unholy water) also fire on these attacks. 
  • KioKio
    edited May 2013
    Wait. So not only can I not pressure vitals well enough to kill, but all the power used to try to pick someone off can be made completely null with credits and a stroke of luck?

I'm reeeeeaaaaally having a hard time sticking with Wyrdenwood. Especially considering the *chems don't have this problem AND have access to psionics :(
  • Kio said:
    Wait. So not only can I not pressure vitals well enough to kill, but all the power used to try to pick someone off can be made completely null with credits and a stroke of luck? I'm reeeeeaaaaally having a hard time sticking with Wyrdenwood. Especially considering the *chems don't have this problem AND have access to psionics :(
    If the 'problem' is RoA firing, Taintbomb and Aquotox are both 33% physical, and much harder to get affs for. It's just that they kill with psionics.
  • Akyaevin said:
    Kio said:
    Wait. So not only can I not pressure vitals well enough to kill, but all the power used to try to pick someone off can be made completely null with credits and a stroke of luck? I'm reeeeeaaaaally having a hard time sticking with Wyrdenwood. Especially considering the *chems don't have this problem AND have access to psionics :(
    If the 'problem' is RoA firing, Taintbomb and Aquotox are both 33% physical, and much harder to get affs for. It's just that they kill with psionics.
    The problem is the same from the beginning: we have no viable kill method.  None.  Except maybe DeathProphesy, if you get lucky and hit two Haegl or Daeg when you're prophesizing.  This is just icing on my unhappy cake.

I should stop complaining so much, heh.
    Don't worry, Kio. It'll get fixed eventually via the reports(hopefully!). I mean the chems/woods were meant for 1v1 accdg. to the admins, so...cross your fingers!

#bringShikariback 

• KioKio
    edited May 2013
    I thought they were simply meant to be more mobile, not necessarily more for 1v1.

Edit: I think I've all but decided to take Kio to the Ebonguard.  I'm gonna sit on it a little more for the morning, though.
    Siam said:
    Don't worry, Kio. It'll get fixed eventually via the reports(hopefully!). I mean the chems/woods were meant for 1v1 accdg. to the admins, so...cross your fingers!
    Originally - yes... but since then, admins have been saying that they never claimed that. And considering the bombs, well... I personally wouldn't hold my breath on chemwoods being viable 1v1 anytime soon. That said, it looks like they are heading the right way so far. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think the statement of them being for 1v1 can be found in the announce post for Aquachem...

#bringShikariback 

• I'm not sure you'll find warriors to be particularly good at 1v1 without pretty heavy investments too, anyway. And even with heavy investments, there are just certain archetypes they just can't really build traction against in 1v1. Of course, they're still better than current (non TK) chemwoods.

Whatever the admin has claimed regarding the chemwoods, and whatever they claim about wanting them to be in the future, as long as the integrity of the current mechanics are kept, they are never going to be more inclined towards 1v1. It may be possible to tweak them while maintaining the integrity of the design concepts as they stand, and end up making them viable 1v1. But their group capabilities are ALWAYS going to be better than their 1v1 capability. If we one day see current chemwood mechanics kept as they are made viable 1v1, then they will be the undisputed group combat go-to on that day. In fact, the theories we already have thus far already place them as far more valuable in group combat than any of the other classes. We just haven't seen them participate in group combat on a large scale enough to get proper data to verify those claims.

This group-is-always-going-to-be-better aspect of the chemwood mechanics is clearly highlighted with the recent-most change that passively hinders movement during bomb building time. It's a perfectly reasonable change in light of the dismal 1v1 capabilities of the chemwoods, and it might now even be possible with both wilde/wyrden woods' hindering to be able to pull off a successful bomb in 1v1 (the chems are a little more screwed because they have less hindering than the woods) but I shudder to even consider the implications of the change for group combat. Whatever changes are given to the chemwoods to strengthen them in 1v1, the changes are going to just exponentially impact their group capabilities, unless the core mechanics underlying the archetype are overhauled. Which, apparently, isn't going to happen.

Good luck to the envoys and the admin. /salute

A "successful bomb" meaning one that hits, not one that kills.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited May 2013
    Lerad said:
    (non TK) 
    If I didn't agree with everything else in your post, I'd love it just for this.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Just an annoyance but is there any chance of envoying the woods to get druidry - runes?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Truthfully, the wood skills are so far behind at this point I don't ever see them being viable alternatives to druidry. Especially allergies era druidry.
    So, let's give allergies to woods! :D

#bringShikariback