m&m system & questions thread

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Try pausing, checking your defs, and then unpausing.

If I were guess, I'd say the system isn't recognising your "has this defense" lines, possibly from a bad wordwrap or something.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tried that just now, it is showing me as having the kafe def up but keeps eating kafe anyway when I unpause
  • The issue was that the "config prompt remove linebreak" option was turned off. The system disables that option when you start the installation, but it was turned back on after.. Cheers
  • I have Templar / Minstrel combo m&m - any way I can get it to use the acquisitio enchant, not the spell (chanting)? A toggle?
  • A toggle is coming in the next update.
  • Is anyone having trouble with keepup - where when you check def, the system will put up a defence you've already got?
  • Not currently, that's with Pyromancer and Templar combo.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Opposite trouble, actually. Some of my DefUp defenses aren't going up anymore.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Opposite trouble, actually. Some of my DefUp defenses aren't going up anymore.
    Check that they're on defup and not ignored.
  • still having lots of problems with the system not recognizing prone, whether the prone afflict function is called by built-in bashing triggers, custom triggers, or basic symptom triggers. Just ran into some cases where it wouldn't recognize paralysis either.
  • edited June 2014
    I'm waiting on you to reply to my email on that.
  • 14.6.1 update

Added a longstanding feature request - ability to toggle between using a skill or an enchantment for Rituals or Cosmic skills.

mmconfig enchantments

mmconfig enchantments toggles whenever skills or enchantments should be used. This setting affects all skills.

Changelog

• added a chalice rune trigger
    • added bashing triggers
    • added liquidform off line
    • added mmconfig enchantments to use enchantments over skills when your system has them
    • added parry & stance view to mmshow
    • added vitality default defence priority, so new m&m users don't have it at the bottom of all defs
    • documented mmconfig repeatcmd
    • updated a trigger from assuming anorexia (which wasn't always the case) to a mental aff
  • 8847h, 6412m|124%, 100e%, 8p, 100w%, 99e%, 50.77m, exdr-mmupdate
    (m&m): Checking for updates...
    (m&m): You're all good! Latest version is 14.3.1 and you're on it.

Am I getting ahead of myself? Never done this before.
  • Should work now.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    How does m&m keep track of elevations?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• It's mentioned in the GMCP room title I think.
  • I can't get ndb.getcolor to work. When I test with: lua echo(ndb.getcolor("Persayis")) 

I just get an error in the log:
    <[string "--ndb.API..."]:244: attempt to index local 'city' (a nil value)>

The other bits of the API work fine, like lua echo(ndb.getorg("Persayis")) returns "Gaudiguch" as expected.

The NameDB colouring works fine in the rest of m&m. What am I doing wrong?
  • edited June 2014
    local city, conf, color = person.city, mm.conf

should be

local city, conf, color = person.org, mm.conf

inside ndb.API - it's incorrect in 3 spots. Also, in the one place it's mm..conf, 
  • Brilliant, that works thanks. NameDB is great.
  • OK... Once upon a time not-so-long-ago I had this great little inset window in the top-right panel that would track personal afflictions. Somehow, an update broke this feature and I can't seem to figure out how to make it work again. Here's the bit of code to which I am referring. Can anyone help me?

mm.showaffwindow = true

if mm.showaffwindow == nil then mm.showaffwindow = false end

if not mm.showaffwindow then return end

if not Geyser then return end

local affslabel

local main = Geyser.Container:new({x=0,y=0,width="100%",height="100%",name="affslabelcontainer"})

affslabel = Geyser.Label:new({ name = "affslabel",

x = "0.5%", y = "1%",

width = "18.75%", height = "45%"},

main)

affslabel:setColor(153,0,204,90)

local function highlight(name)

if not mm.ignore[name] then return name else

return string.format([[<span style="color:yellowgreen">%s</span>]], name) end

end

function mm_update_window()

local s = {}

for name, namet in pairs(mm.affl) do

if name ~= "deaf" and name ~= "blind" then

if type(namet) == "table" and namet.count then

s[#s+1] = string.format("%s (%d)", highlight(name), namet.count)

else

s[#s+1] = highlight(name)

end

end

end

affslabel:echo([[<span style="color:white; font-size:10px">]].. table.concat(s, "<br>") .."</span>")

end

• Not at home so I can't compare it to my working version, but your current install of mm should have samples somewhere that contain that code, with some luck there is an updated version. So just search for mm_update_window() or something and it should lead you to where the sample code is.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Well, this came from an older version of M&M that I took out of the folder so it wouldn't be touched (i.e. overwritten) by the updates. 

Then in one of the last updates, I noticed it turn into a lady"bug" which was cured when I double-clicked it back to an empty box, an then checked box. It hasn't been the same ever since. 

I'll try your suggestion and then wait for you to compare it against your working version. Thank you @Rialorm!!! Hopefully this can get fixed soon...
  • mm.showaffwindow = true
    if mm.showaffwindow == nil then mm.showaffwindow = false end
    if not mm.showaffwindow then return end

Those three lines are the only difference. Comment them and see if it resolves things?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited July 2014
    I have this weird problem - "use parry" and "use stance queing" are enabled, yet I don't seem to neither parry nor stance in combat. When I log in, it enters a stance to protect my legs, remaining that way. Any IG manual attempt to switch stance just provokes an auto leg stance <_<

My combat is trans,  and thus "highest available stance skill: vitals".

I surely appreciate the system protecting my shin so furiously, but...come on <_<
  • edited July 2014
    Nakarel said:
    I have this weird problem - "use parry" and "use stance queing" are enabled, yet I don't seem to neither parry nor stance in combat. When I log in, it enters a stance to protect my legs, remaining that way.  Any IG manual attempt to switch stance just provokes an auto leg stance <_<

My combat is trans,  and thus "highest available stance skill: vitals".

I surely appreciate the system protecting my shin so furiously, but...come on <_<
    mmconfig stanceskill to set the maximum available stance skill in Combat that you have
    mmsp defaultstance <stance> sets the default stance that the system should use (when you login).
    mmsetup sp to start  the setup of your stance/parry system. Maybe you missed to set this one
    mmsp show shows system information on all about stance/parry.

• Yes, thank you :)
  • I am trying to integrate Tarx Wounds Tracker (which also tracks rebounding) into my M&M kata keybinding. The latest project is to develop combat kata keybinding using a variety of IF, ELSEIF, THEN statements to implement auto-raze into my basic bleeder forms.

When Tarx Tracker detects rebounding, my kata will auto-raze on the same keybinding using the following bit of script which comes more or less directly from the Tarx example provided. Everything works as intended.

elseif (trebound == true) then

send("assess " .. janalon_pvptar)

sendAll("envenom right with mantakaya", "envenom left with dulak")

local commands = {"bleedup__l_kairaze", "bleedup__r_kairaze"}

send("kata perform " .. janalon_pvptar .. " "..commands[math.random(#commands)])

sendAll("wipe right", "wipe left")

else

send("assess " .. janalon_pvptar)

sendAll("envenom right with mantakaya")

local commands = {"bleedup__l_knek", "bleedup__r_knek"}

send("kata perform " .. janalon_pvptar .. " "..commands[math.random(#commands)])

sendAll("wipe right")

end

I want to develop this code a bit further to also account for the Nekotai power defense ScorpionFury which will place a raze mod onto my kata forms. Basically when ScorpionFury is raised (and detected through M&M), I want to use my non-raze form.

First I need to know what ScorpionFury is called in M&M. I'm guessing mm.def.scorpionfury but don't really know. Secondly, how do I write a "NOT" statement into the script? Essentially I need my keybinding script to do the following:

ELSEIF (trebound == true) NOT mm.def.scorpionfury THEN

• ELSEIF (trebound && not mm.def.scorpionfury) THEN

I have no idea if that is the def name though, if you do 'vlua mm.def' when you have it up then you should get the table with all your defs and hopefully you can find it in there. 
  • it's mm.defc.scorpionfury

http://doc.mm.vadisystems.com/#defences

The name of the defence is the same as what appears when you hit DEF in game, ie earwort-deaf is known as "truedeaf" in mm's system.

• elseif trebound and not mm.defc.scorpionfury then