I'm level 85 with base 11 charisma - should I bash or influence? Also, what aetherbubbles are good?

KioKio
edited May 2013 in Q&A
First question is in the title.  Which would be faster, logistically?  I'm fairly tanky, but weak to fire and cutting (the cutting doesn't worry me as much, but the fire can be a big problem).  I am inept resilience, but have a 10% magic enhancement rune and a RoA.

Secondly, what aetherbubbles are good hunting?  I'm looking mostly toward experience, but gold profit is worth consideration as well.  I don't know much about the aetherbubbles, but I have enough dingbats to pick up one of the items.

Thanks so much!
@Kio needs to learn to use the Q and A subforum. >:|

Best Answer

Answers

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2013

You're definitely better off bashing or trying to get an aetherhunt with that amount of Charisma - to get any kind of comparable influencing at the higher circles to bashing, you really need to be one of the high-charisma races like faeling, elfen, tae'dae or trill for example (basically something with a base charisma stat of 15 or higher - and even then you want to pump it as high as you can by using things like the beauty karma blessing, a throne, wetfold origami and other stuff - since you can not get "critical hits" when influencing, you need to boost your raw ego 'damage' as high as you can.

EDIT: fixed an error in one of the races I listed

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't know what your original race was before wyrdenwood, but it may be feasible to temporarily forget it to revert back, influence for a long while, and activate it back when needed.

Also, you might look into getting aetherhunts going in your commune.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Totally not an option. I don't have any way to justify the change, and I love being a tree.
  • Those are Wyrdenwood stats? They are poor for influencing :( 12 is the base average to influence, 15 is good, 18 is excellent. Totally bashing instead of influencing.
    If it's broken, break it some more.