May Auctions, round one!

13»

Comments

• I'm sad I didn't get my hands on a Gilded Cage  :(    My workplace moved over to biweekly paychecks this month, and - me used to weekly pay - I didn't have the funds to bloat up my 600 or so saved credits. But congratulations to the winners anywho! Hopefully there'll be something else neat for me to bid on soon   :D
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I'm... not actually sure what to think of those two arties.  Hrm.
  • Be glad we don't get the Achaea one...*shudder*.  (Would love to have the Imperian one tho!)

[BANNERCODE]
    What are the others?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Those are the only ones they mentioned in the newsletter so far.
    I meant for the other games (the ones people are talking about).
  • Achaea

Achaea is releasing a thurible of Soulbleed. This artefact contains the fragments of the primordial power of death, bestowing upon its owner the ability to raise a slain adventurer into a reanimated minion! What better way to humiliate your arch-nemesis than raising his lifeless body to serve as your pet!?  

All auction items are listed here: www.Achaea.com/game/news/Achaea/Announce/3852

Midkemia Online

Midkemia's featured item is the Spying Orb artifact. The Spying Orb is hidden and unable to be removed when the owner drops it in a room, and as long as it sits in the room (until it eventually resets back to its owner) it will relay everything said in the room to the owner. It's the perfect artifact for spies, infiltrators, mischief-makers, or anyone looking to snoop in on secret conversations and discussions.

You can read more about the Midkemia auction here: www.MidkemiaOnline.com/game/news/Midkemia/Announce/431

Aetolia

A powerful implement of control, the Wand of the Charmer allows its user to bring almost any NPC under their rule. While the effect only lasts for a minute, the NPC will turn upon any aggressors that bear their arms against the charmer. Tired of those pesky attackers always hounding you in your favourite hunting area? Just find the meanest and toughest NPC there and bring him over to your side!

All Aetolia auction items can be found here: www.Aetolia.com/game/news/Aetolia/Announce/2125

Imperian

Imperian is releasing a brand new belt that will allow the owner to become a ghost. The user can leave their body behind as they venture fprth into the  world as a spirit. Other players cannot injure those in ghost form and they can go anywhere and explore anything without the fear of death. Well, that is unless someone finds where they have hidden their body.

You can read all about the Imperian auction here: www.Imperian.com/game/news/Imperian/Announce/2348

[BANNERCODE]
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

All those exists as skills in Lusternia lol.

Necromancy has the thurible.

Ecology has the spying orb.

Aetolia stole seduction influencing.

Imperian stole ghost from necromancy.

THIEVES.

Clearly we are superior.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The beast attacks should be interesting. Don't see them being better than the psychic minorbreath though, so I'd never buy one. Excoro/divinus dmp tends to be higher.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    If they make minor breath a bashing attack, they'll be worth something.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited May 2013
    Kind of, but the mana cost makes it meh.

If it had higher base damage than the regular attacks, I could see someone going for it.
  • Celina said:

All those exists as skills in Lusternia lol.

Necromancy has the thurible.

Ecology has the spying orb.

Aetolia stole seduction influencing.

Imperian stole ghost from necromancy.

THIEVES.

Actually, the last one is closer to dreamform than ghost, what with the "find the defenseless body" approach.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Well, I certainly wouldn't complain if a version of those came here as well. I'd go for the ghost artie.
  • Just to clarify, you can't bid up an auction then immediately resell the item at a profit. We have, in special circumstances in the past, made arrangements that allowed someone else to purchase the item at the auction price if the winner is unable to pay after a month or so has passed. This is highly unusual (only did it once or twice) and a last resort. The player who buys the artifact is usually some benefactor trying to save his or her friend from having to cannibalize his or her artifacts to pay off the auction (as well as wanting the auction artifact). Anyway, it's nothing that should concern anyone and, as I said, is a last resort special arrangement that needs to be made by me on a case-by-case basis.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Were all auctions paid for by the winners and prizes received by them?

Also for the record I disagree with the idea of winning an auction for someone else, but that's just personal opinion.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Uh, like I said, it's a last resort that we may consider after some time has passed (at least a month) and all other avenues are exhausted.
    Morkarion said:
    Were all auctions paid for by the winners and prizes received by them?

Also for the record I disagree with the idea of winning an auction for someone else, but that's just personal opinion.