Learning and Lessons

13»

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Estarra said:
    Of course, we've spent over a year trying to move our afflictions to a db system and still aren't finished with that project! And, yeah, I think afflictions are more of a priority in the long run, though it'd be even less noticeable to players. (It always sucks doing necessary under-the-hood things that will never be appreciated and aren't really announce worthy.) But I'm the one that has to make the priority decisions and while I understand why people may think this or that should take precedence, someone has to make the call and stick to it...
    I certainly understand the way that goes, Esty... trust me, I do. I was merely giving my 2 cents on the matter in this situation. I'd offer to help, but eh... I've really only -glanced- once at the Rapture SDK... and I'd much rather play Lusternia than code for it... it's your own fault for making it so much fun. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited May 2013
    One neat thing as far as lessons that I'd like to see is removing the cost to skillflex. After all, the player has already paid full lesson price for their multiple skillsets, why are they charged every time they want to access things they've already paid for? At least changing skillsets within the same guild shouldn't cost anything! A longer time restriction on flexing would be totally okay, in exchange!
  • Enyalida said:
    One neat thing as far as lessons that I'd like to see is removing the cost to skillflex. After all, the player has already paid full lesson price for their multiple skillsets, why are they charged every time they want to access things they've already paid for? At least changing skillsets within the same guild shouldn't cost anything! A longer time restriction on flexing would be totally okay, in exchange!
    Adding the longer time would also still give the Doctoral Cord a reason to exist.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Ugh. No. Stop trying to bring multiclassing to lusternia. I would quit the day multiclassing became a thing.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Multiclassing would be meh, yeah... I can just imagine the horror it will bring to envoys too.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited May 2013
    It wouldn't do ANYTHING to loosen the limitations on how much or how often people can currently skillflex, so I have no idea what you're talking about. It would just change it from a $$ cost to a real limitation, like a hardcoded time limit (that's longer than the current one).
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2013
    How on earth does that bring multiclass to Lusternia? :P

But in any case, we can live with maybe using an MXP link to the wiki or linking it from the game for other clients too somewhere, but we'd have to do a better job updating it for sure. I think Rathan's earlier solution for player+player learning and boosting up the learning limit is a huge enough improvement already.