Saracen Combat & Utility System

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Lerad said:
    Uh huh, and I (and Ssaliss, and any number of previous posters) provided actual helpfiles proof to argue that you're wrong. Your only evidence has been your claims that the admin have told you otherwise, which you haven't actually provided in full, or even quoted. The helpfiles come from the same absolute source that you are using as your evidence: the admin. Until you provide actual evidence, that is, the text in full in which the admin contradict their own helpfile, I'm afraid to say you're not very convincing.

The scripts are illegal to use as far as we as players know. You are free to make and sell them, and even advertise your business as "customer first" (literally, the customer gets shrubbed first, haha) all you want. Using those scripts are still illegal.

If you could kindly provide evidence, that'd be great, as I have emails contrary to what you claim.

Would be good to get this settled, for sure. :)

• Lerad said:

Shaddus said:
    What, Lerad? You have your own? You rule-breaker! Sic 'em, Glomtrain.
    Of course. I'm a rule breaker. I haven't been caught by the admin yet, but there are a few people who would have shrubbed me on numerous occasions if they could. Doesn't change the fact that what I was doing was cheating, nor that Draylor's selling a system that facillates said cheating.
    Hrm... Okay?
  • The helpfile has been quoted multiple times in this thread. They directly contradict what you are claiming. If YOU could kindly provide evidence, that'd be great, as I (and many others) have already provided our clear and absolute evidence. I agree it would be good to get this settled.

• edited May 2013
    Evidence is provided in the fact that both Matt and I have received multiple responses that releasing such is fine. Not sure what else to add, sorry!
  • edited May 2013
    Again, I ask: If you weren't going to even consider our comments, why ask for them in the first place?
  • You haven't provided the actual text. And I'm not disputing that releasing the scripts are fine. Using them, however, is rule-breaking. You can start by pasting your emails, if you want. If you don't, then the weight of the evidence is currently supporting Ssaliss' claims.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Caerulo said:

Again, I ask: If you weren't going to even consider our comments, why ask for them in the first place?

He's considered them and disagrees with them. You just keep arguing your point.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ssaliss quoted the wrong bit. The thing that makes the situation problematic is that this moves you around AND heals you AND kills things. It is illegal when ALL THREE OF THESE ARE BEING DONE BY A SYSTEM AT THE SAME TIME. The wording in HELP AUTOMATION is clear about this. There are no semantics to be argued. A system that does these three things at the same time for you is illegal. Draylor, if the admin are telling you otherwise, ask them to change the help file. Until then, I stand by everything I've said.

As for you not granting anyone enough respect to read their comments, which you asked for, on your system: you clearly DON'T hold customer satisfaction at number one. I will not be endorsing any part of this system, nor any other service you provide.

I'm sorry, but I can't stand blatant disrespect of rules and others. This is the last post I'll make here, and my apologies to everyone for my anger on this issue.
  • edited May 2013
    Edit: Removed due to response.
  • Of course!

Not sure what to iterate to, given the subject matter, but hey!:

1. 'You are basically putting a button in your system that says 'Shrub me'.'

I believe this to be incorrect. As previously stated, a person is free to use Saracen as they wish. Should a person choose to use the system in an adverse manner, they could ( and should ) be punished for said use!

2. 'Creating scripts and systems that provide ease of use and quality of life is good, and you can still do it. Simply including an additional step for your autobasher allows you to fulfill your goal, AND prevents yours users from being shrubbed. That's a win/win situation.'

Whilst I may be in agreement with you on this point, I find myself stating the following, "Yes, whilst that is both feasibile and possible, I find myself in a position where the onus is on the player in this regard".

To close, we are really of the mind that should a player opt to go down the, "Yes, I'll autobash and take the risk route" then the repercussions really are on them and we will take absolutely no responsibility in the cause or effect, in this instance.

Again, to reiterate, we merely provide the tools that enable a person to as they wish...

• Again, apologies for my atrocious grammar >.>
  • So now you're saying that autobashing _is_ illegal?
  • I'm not saying either way, mate. What I -am- saying is that the admin have approved my scripts and have clearly stated that any code I have written does -not- fall foul of any rules and it is down to the individual player to determine such.

• edited May 2013
    Draylor said:
    Of course!

Not sure what to iterate to, given the subject matter, but hey!:

1. 'You are basically putting a button in your system that says 'Shrub me'.'

I believe this to be incorrect. As previously stated, a person is free to use Saracen as they wish. Should a person choose to use the system in an adverse manner, they could ( and should ) be punished for said use!

2. 'Creating scripts and systems that provide ease of use and quality of life is good, and you can still do it. Simply including an additional step for your autobasher allows you to fulfill your goal, AND prevents yours users from being shrubbed. That's a win/win situation.'

Whilst I may be in agreement with you on this point, I find myself stating the following, "Yes, whilst that is both feasibile and possible, I find myself in a position where the onus is on the player in this regard".

To close, we are really of the mind that should a player opt to go down the, "Yes, I'll autobash and take the risk route" then the repercussions really are on them and we will take absolutely no responsibility in the cause or effect, in this instance.

Again, to reiterate, we merely provide the tools that enable a person to as they wish...

Certainly, the onus is on the user, not you.
    I'd like to know, though, what is the intended function of this tool then? What is the 'safe' way of using it?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited May 2013
    The real question is: What does this tool provide that would be ruined by having to press one key per room?

Edit: Per room with mobs in it, not each room.
  • edited May 2013
    The 'safe' way to go about it is to simply use the function, 'as-is-' - Don't try and add to to and simply let it do its work.

There is nothing in the function that adversely affects any of your user experience.
    Sure, if you feel that there are adverse effects to running the function, please feel free to request source code :)
  • Xenthos said:
    The real question is: What does this tool provide that would be ruined by having to press one key per room? Edit: Per room with mobs in it, not each room.
    This 'tool' provides an awful lot more thn you might imagine. It's a lot more than just a tool, and provides a -massive- amount of user interaction capabilities and functions.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    This is stupid

Draylor, if genrunning autobashing isn't illegal, why are you including a disclaimer? Why are you saying it's not your responsibility, but it's the users responsibility if it's not illegal. 

You've gone full circle here and it's retarded. People are on your side, calling it what it is, and you are arguing with them for some stupid reason. 

I'm guessing you haven't actually spoken with the admin, given your refusal to post actual quotes backing up your point, and their lack of support in this thread. So saying you've chatted with the admin several times and they've given you permission to use these scripts, is blatant lying (something you're known to do, a lot).

It's up to you to provide tangible evidence to support your point, in the form of direct quotes from the admin that can be verified by them. I have no fears that if you provide actual quotes from the admin, they'll back you up as well (I mean, they would have said them right?). 

As far as the system stuff goes, I'm in agreement with Lerad, while it is illegal to use these scripts, it's no one's fault but the user. We all know the rules.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited May 2013
    Suffice to say, Saracen provides a -massive- amount of utilitity to the end-user. 
  • If you would like realtime demonstrations, please feel free to request such :)
  • [quote]Draylor, if genrunning autobashing isn't illegal[/quote]

Because it really is -not- illegal!
  • Bah... Silly forums.
  • Draylor said:
    The 'safe' way to go about it is to simply use the function, 'as-is-' - Don't try and add to to and simply let it do its work.

There is nothing in the function that adversely affects any of your user experience.
    Sure, if you feel that there are adverse effects to running the function, please feel free to request source code :)

Wait, I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but what exactly does this function do again?
    Draylor said:
    Area walker.

Path through an entire area, ensuring you enter all rooms in as few moves as possible.
    To use used with:

Bashing system.
    Saracen makes grinding simple. Simply click the relevant icon and let it work its magic.
    Automatically picks up any items we want. Adding new mobs to the allowed list is as simple
    as selecting the option from the pulldown menu.
    DISCLAIMER: Don't be silly and misuse this feature. We will not be held responsible.
  • Caerulo said:
    Draylor said:

Wait, I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but what exactly does this function do again?

It's quite simple. The function simply generates an entire list of 'genrun' rooms based on the current room. It moves in as few rooms as possible. (High quality algorithm in place). so that we really do move in as few rooms as possible.
  • The actual algorithm will remain secret, though suffice to say, it's highly optimised.
  • Draylor said:
    Xenthos said:
    The real question is: What does this tool provide that would be ruined by having to press one key per room? Edit: Per room with mobs in it, not each room.
    This 'tool' provides an awful lot more thn you might imagine. It's a lot more than just a tool, and provides a -massive- amount of user interaction capabilities and functions.
    Draylor, we're not talking about Saracen as a whole, we're only concerned about the genrunner function.
  • edited May 2013
    Autobashing is illegal, period. Using such scripts - afk or otherwise - is not allowed. Read: Just because you are not AFK does not make it okay, it just makes it difficult to prove. You will not like it when it is proved.

Proving it is difficult.

If we prove you're autobashing, you can expect to be shrubbed and lose a week or more worth of autobashing experience. If you use Saracen (or buy any other autobasher), there will be a very strong argument to remove upwards of entire months worth of bashing experience. Use such scripts at your own risk - buying them is a ridiculous waste of time/money, in my opinion. You're literally paying for the opportunity to lose thousands of hours worth of auto-bashed XP (even if you've only used it for an hour).

As of this time, I'm not aware of a policy banning the sale of such scripts. However, if it becomes a problem, Lusternia certainly reserves the right to ban both full-autobash scripts and those who sell full-autobash scripts. That's a call from on high, however, and not mine.

I've had to remove language from some posts; if I have to moderate in this thread again, I'm closing it.
  • Thanks for the clarification, Eventru.

• edited May 2013
    Caerulo said:
    Draylor said:
    Xenthos said:
    Draylor, we're not talking about Saracen as a whole, we're only concerned about the genrunner function.
    It essentially takes a list of the current local area. It populates a table based on this, but further adds exits to each known 'exit' path. From here, it optimises a 'path' based on the total number of rooms entered.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Draylor said:

If you would like realtime demonstrations, please feel free to request such :)

I am not asking for a demonstration. I am asking you to provide us with what exactly the autobashing utility is designed & intended to accomplish, and why a hotkey would interfere with that purpose. Because I can see no reason to argue so fiercely against its inclusion unless it really is intended to be used for afk-autobashing-- in which case the disclaimer is null and void anyways.
This discussion has been closed.