Music to murder things by.

KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
I constantly get questions from people asking how I can sustain bashing for long periods at a time and not get bored. The answer is simple, MUSIC!

I have several songs I can play on and just switch off all higher brain functions and kill along too. So I thought I'd make a thread to share the music you hunt/influence/pk/insert other activity in game here to.

Here's a few of my hunting tracks recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I6SpZU_nvg - Nonpoint: In the Air Tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_zEVA_lLtw - New Order: Regret

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svPTRRTO-EM - Jamiroquai: Return of the Space Cowboy (David Morales remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZINOZ2uH5jg - Tom Hodge: Aerodynamic

Just remember, everyone is a critic and you will be judged harshly and possibly killed for your terrible taste in music. (Ok not really, honest!)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    My taste in music will likely get me judged extraordinarily harshly.

Perhaps @Nocht will understand the need for silence, though.  One can always hope that someone gets it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Honestly I intend this to be a completely light hearted thread where "Your taste in music sucks" style commentary isn't wanted nor needed.

Unless of course your play list is compiled from things such as Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black ...

In short, share!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Morkarion said:
    Honestly I intend this to be a completely light hearted thread where "Your taste in music sucks" style commentary isn't wanted nor needed.

Unless of course your play list is compiled from things such as Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black ...

In short, share!
    (I did!)
  • I can't stand silence in general, and usually have music of some kind playing. When I'm working/grinding, I tend to play House genre music, especially tribal; DJs Calagna, Paulo, Rosabel, Scorpio are all on the jump drive I keep music in, for driving and home, as well as some mixes a friend-of-a-friend has started putting out as he gets into the field of mixing.

Lyrics get distracting, so the steady background noise keeps my subconscious a bit distracted while not trying to translate content, which lets me think more clearly. The high energy nature of the music keeps me going pretty well, and the rhythmic nature of tribal keeps things going at a good and even clip.
  • I can't stand listening to music while doing anything else, even music without lyrics. It's too distracting, and I can't focus on either whatever I'm doing, or the music, making me doubly frustrated.

The only time I use music (other than just plain listening to it), is when the surroundings are so noisy, I'd rather have noise of my own choosing.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Usually, I try to always have music playing, though that's not always an option, but what I listen to tends to vary between different genres/artists from rap, rock, some country, folk rock, and other stuff.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"

• My favourite set. I don't usually put music on unless I'm willing to ignore everyone around me, literally, because when I put my headset on, no one's getting my attention until they punch me in the face.

• I like aggressive music for hunting - lots of black metal and war metal, there. I tend to associate bands' atmosphere's with certain organizations - Glomdoring has made me think of Skepticism (really majestic sounding funeral doom) for years, where the Cacophony make me think of Magus.
  • edited May 2013
    4'33" anyone, on repeat?

• Raeri said:
    4'33" anyone, on repeat?
    I once considered doing an in-game version of that. Naturally, I was still in Glomdoring then. Not so appropriate now though.
  • Liquid dubstep or liquid DnB.
  • For me, it usually varies between goth. metal, and classic rock. My current favourite is a nice bit of Killing Joke:

Good rhythm, occasional outbursts of rage, and generally pleasant to listen to :)
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    This is interesting, if only to see what people can stand to have running as background and what they can't.

I'm used to situations where I have absolutely no control over what I'm listening to, so it's easy for me to tune out lyrics and ignore them. Though, if there is too much distortion or it suddenly turns arrhythmic, that is massively distracting.

I like chiptunes for MUDs, regardless of the theme of the MUD. It just fits.
  • edited February 2014

Iasmos said:

Ministry
    Disturbed
    And here lies inspiration for some of my next playlist, thanks!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Um...

Madonna's 21 album
    Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds
    Saosin
    Give Up by The Postal Service
    Red by Taylor Swift
    Hell is What You Make of It by Breathe Carolina
    Keane
    Brand New
    Eisley
    Copeland
    Britney Spears
    Robyn

I have random tastes. Don't judge.

• edited May 2013
    Celina said:
    Um... Madonna's 21 album Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds Saosin Give Up by The Postal Service Red by Taylor Swift Hell is What You Make of It by Breathe Carolina Keane Brand New Eisley Copeland Britney Spears Robyn I have random tastes. Don't judge.
    I'm pretty sure I can come up with one word to sum you up, based on your taste in music. And none of it says "random", promise. :ar!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    ...pirate?
  • edited May 2013
    For hunting on Astral:

It even has lyrics about going insane! (Okay, I realize what it's about, but still... >.<)

Legitly, though... Electronic music really puts me in the zone, helps me shut my brain off. Maybe...

EDIT: Also, yes, @Celina. I took one look at your list of music and immediately thought the same. This person must be a pirate!
  • The 10 hour epic music mixes are pretty good. Or metric on repeat.

or Two Steps from Hell

or Youth - Daughter
  • Every time someone mentions electronic music, I think for a second they're referring to power electronics. Then I realize that, no, I did not find someone else into PE.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When I'm ankle-deep in corpses, I'm generally listening to Disney songs and various songs from Glee, Broadway, and Ozzy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I can see you murdering to "It's a small world after all"

That song is enough to drive anyone into a blood curdling frenzy.

• edited May 2013
    When I need mindless, it's happy hardcore techno. Think Caramelldansen on repeat forever and you will know my brain. Here's a list of my pandora account, and I put that on shuffle on a regular basis.

Lady Gaga/Katy Perry
    Unwell - Matchbox Twenty
    Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
    Windmills Of Your Mind - a general insanity song I just love, It will haunt you for days,
    Evanescence
    Caramelldansen
    Green Day/Linkin Park/The Offspring/Creed
    Nightwish
    Muse
    California Dreamin' - my general that era channel, mostly comprised of Beatles
    Rammstein

I'm a nut who loves her variety. But when I'm in the zone, it's totally trance and happy hardcore. You'll catch me bopping along to it as well, I like to move with the groove, so to speak.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'm a HUGE anime music nerd. Jrock, Jpop. I have a hefty collection. I use that for mindless as well. Korean pop is another favorite, Gee on repeat has been done more than once.

Edit 2: I also have a personal Broadway collection which pops up quite frequently. I can sing all of RENT and most of Little Shop Of Horrors.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • When I need something mindless, I turn on an electro house playlist. But I'm the kind of person who can turn just about any music into background noise.
  • I can't be mindless and listen to music at the same time. If there aren't any lyrics and I like the song, then it's probably because it reminds me of something important and I get too caught up thinking about it. If there are lyrics and I like the song, I end up thinking about why I like the lyrics so much. All this distracts me from the game. While I'm sitting there watching my bashing alias go through over and over, I lose track and next thing I know, Kelly is starting an inquisition line on me while I'm like "wtf is taking so long to kill this snowman?"

I normally pull up a stream on Twitch of someone like ROOT Lassiz, Drybear, or CRS PonPon. They remind my if some of my old college friends, so it's like having them goofing off in the background.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I once bashed merians to the soothing sounds of Louis Armstrong. Just saying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shikari said:
    When I need something mindless, I turn on an electro house playlist. But I'm the kind of person who can turn just about any music into background noise.
    You should try listening to your band namesake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CWU73u_pw4 . Yes there really is a band called Enter Shikari, saw them live at Donnington a few years ago, they're not all that bad!

• Shikari said:
    When I need something mindless, I turn on an electro house playlist. But I'm the kind of person who can turn just about any music into background noise.
    You should try listening to your band namesake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CWU73u_pw4 . Yes there really is a band called Enter Shikari, saw them live at Donnington a few years ago, they're not all that bad!
    Thanks, but the screaming isn't really to my taste.
    It's an acquired taste >.>