UK (and Europeans!) Meet up theorycrafting

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Been discussing this with a couple of people, it looks certain to be the last weekend in September. It's just really a case now if people prefer the Friday/Saturday or Sunday. Annoyingly I'll probably have to bail before other people on the latter two due to other commitments but ultimately I'm still free for all 3!

There was also some discussion of a mini meet for the Friday night for those who can be there and then the proper meet on the Saturday or Sunday. Still the question is what works best for you guys?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I can do any of those, Friday night and the Saturday would be best since I'd have to fly home on the Sunday, to be back for work on the Monday!
  • I want to goooooooooooooo.  But silly me, I'm American. D:

I WANT TO MEET IOSAI.  AND ANITA.  AND MORKPIE.

All the feels.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Gabriella said:
    I want to goooooooooooooo.  But silly me, I'm American. D:

I WANT TO MEET IOSAI.  AND ANITA.  AND MORKPIE.

All the feels.
    D: I want to go too! Gabriella, meet me in Maine, we'll get a rowboat.
  • So. Turns out I can't go the last weekend of September (27th/28th/29th) since my grandparents who I work with are off that week, thus I need to be at work to cover their hours :(
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Booooo!
  • I just want to go to a meet :(
    Right, swift bumping this. Mainly to find out A: Who can come and B: What day/evening works best for people on that weekend.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• There is a remote chance I might come to this because there are at least two people I would just about die to meet. :) No promises.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Return flight is currently going for 50 quid so if accomodation can be found similarly cheaply, I'll probably commit myself. What's the rough plan/area of London I should be looking for bed nearby? Saturday for meet would be best for myself.
    edited July 2013
    I'm going to be in the Tower Bridge area, but I've managed to skill up in navigating the London Underground so I can probably head over somewhere else, should the locals (read @Tacita and @Chade) have suggestions for suitable bars/resteraunts/cafes etc.

Woooooo Ushaara! <3

So Chade should jump in if he can think of somewhere better, but I'm not sure he can beat a pub with a tree in it. So you know. The pub in question is in the middle of tourist central but is big enough that we should be able to find somewhere to take over quite happily :)

That does indeed look a pretty epic pub!

• Psh, I take offense at being called a local to London >.>

Also, that pub looks pretty cool and I can't beat it.
    Afraid I'm going to have to pull out on this one guys, due to reasons explained elsewhere.

If this goes ahead have a great time and take photos, I promise to catch everyone soon!

• edited July 2013
    I am intrigued. Very intrigued.

Maybe @Ssaliss and I have to unite our Nordic powers.

Also, I'm an English major and have never been to London.
  • Saaga said:
    I am intrigued. Very intrigued.

Maybe @Ssaliss and I have to unite our Nordic powers.

Also, I'm an English major and have never been to London.
    Alas, I am currently rather powerless, so you will have to fight the good fight without me. Perhaps next meet though, as things are at least starting to look a little bit brighter!
  • Though I don't get to play much these days I thoroughly enjoyed my visit when Charune was in town (a while ago now) so I will hope to attend as long as someone would confirm the venue/time?
    Unless anyone wants to correct me, the venue is here: http://www.waxyoconnors.co.uk/index.php/welcome-to-waxys-london, the date is the 28th September, and the time is as yet unconfirmed.

I can get to there for whenever on that day so I will leave it to other people to request certain times depending on their transport needs etc :)
  • That's only a mile from where I work. I'll try and make it later on.
  • I can provide transport from the north west if anybody needs it. Just let me know well in advance.
  • Meh. I'd like to come, but I'm already making a trip to the UK around the 13th and I can't wrangle another one so soon afterwards. 

Maybe next time! 
    Just some advance warning that there is a chance I could be moving house the weekend of this meet :S I'll try and make it anyway even if I am, but I may be totally zonked out from shifting all my crap about.
    Might be worth you guys reshifting the date on this then? I mean I only set the original one as I was in London that weekend, but there's no ironclad reason to keep it if it's not working for people.

The only reason not to do that would be if people already booked tickets.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I haven't booked anything yet. A deferral would really suit me better too.
    Ooh, well you were the person I thought might have already booked things.

How do people feel about weekend in October? I am busy the 12th/13th and 26th/27th but otherwise free at present.
  • Just let me know when and where, and I'll probably be able to make it. I'm still good for the last weekend but I can do stuff in October, I'm diving in Plymouth one weekend (can't remember which) but should be able to make any others.
  • I will endeavour to make any date set. I have no particular dates booked off that cannot be moved around. :)
  • This is certainly interesting, but Eurostar has become pricy. Maybe it is better in October, that I don't know. I'd say come to mainland Europe, but then all you UK folks would end up paying way more. And I know that UK train fares in itself are already a bit ridiculous >_<
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.