UK (and Europeans!) Meet up theorycrafting

13»

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Rialorm said:
     And I know that UK train fares in itself are already a bit ridiculous >_<
    All of this.

Tbh you all should come to Manchester, it's far nicer >.>

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited August 2013
    Ok, so let's throw some dates around! 12th of October. Can anyone not make that date?

[Edit: I originally put the 5th of October. Then I realised I can't make that date. Whoops!]
  • That'd be out for me (got something that weekend) but if I am the only one then just go for it to be honest. My attendance is ultimately dependant on the affordability of Eurostar tickets and what hotel costs add to that.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • What about the following weekend? 19th?
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I can't do the 12th/13th, but I can do the following weekend.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm out for any time soon I'm afraid. I can't afford the £95 for the train+hotel costs.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• OK, let's tentatively aim for a revised date of the 19th of October.
  • Eurostar prices are looking affordable around the weekend of the 19th. Any idea from meet times and location, so I could check hotel costs?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited August 2013
    I believe we're still going with Tacita's plan for Waxy O'Connor's, because it looks amazing. The address for it is: 14-16 Rupert Square, London, W1D 6DD. Not sure on timing yet - do we have any Londoners who could play tour guide if we all came during the day (it might be worth a drink!)?
    I dunno where people would want to go but I can guide around places sure :)
  • I'm looking at an afternoon arrival (little before 12) and a trip back around noon, I'm thinking of doing Saturday and back Sunday. I'd like to get the date confirmed and set in stone asap if possible because Eurostar doesn't stay cheap for long on weekends. Would ideally like to book both the train tickets and a hotel room before the end of this week.
  • Well, damn. Looks like this has moved to a time I can't do it :(

much sadface.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • edited September 2013
    Noo! :( We do indeed need to set a date in stone. Can anyone else not make that date?

Perhaps just as importantly, who definitely can make Saturday, 19th October?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I can't give a definite yes to attendance yet, but that date would be fine for me.
    I'm a definite yes for that date.
  • Morkarion said:
    I'm out for any time soon I'm afraid. I can't afford the £95 for the train+hotel costs.

I can pick you up and offer you the passenger seat if you can get yourself to Manchester or something. I'm living in Sheffield now, so anywhere semi-close would be fine.
  • Draylor said:
    Morkarion said:

I can pick you up and offer you the passenger seat if you can get yourself to Manchester or something. I'm living in Sheffield now, so anywhere semi-close would be fine.
    Just kidnap him if he says no :P (Not a serious suggestion before this gets me in trouble)

I'm a definite yes for the 19th unless by the time we are certain it ends up costing too much. But theoretically I will be there.
  • Definitely no for the 19th, going to be lrping :(
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • So, how is this looking then? Eurostar tickets are up to 80 euros per one way, which is actually already above what I'd hoped to pay.
    I'm guessing from the silence here that no one is coming to London this Saturday after all?
  • Would if I could :(
  • Yeah, I was half tempted but all my spare cash is being spent elsewhere at the moment.
  • I took the silence as a no, bit too late for me now anyhow. Real shame because I'd loved for there to be a meet and all. Let's try this again sometime and see who we can round up then?
  • Main problem is that London is bad for a lot of us. Have a meet up north and sure!
  • North does mean I can go with Ryanair. Downside is to keep that cheap, they put it in a faraway airport rather than in Brussels. But I'll yield to popular demand for the sake of a meetup :)
  • North is bad for some of us, too :p I'm on the south coast, after all.