Ikon Quests

Since Ikons seem such a hit, and I need more people to play against, I thought to compile an easily accessible list of which quests that currently give out Ikons, and from which set they give out Ikons. Any confirmations on the elemental quests, as well as any quests I've missed, will be accepted with gratitude.

Unknown:
Skarch (which quests?)
More Zoaka quests?

Air:
Clarramore
Killing creatures on Air
Empowering Air Lords
Observatory (?)
Lucidian Mirror Army

Fire:
The Dragon egg of Zoaka
Empowering Fire Lords
Killing creatures on Fire
Dracnari Mirror Army

Earth:
Empowering Terae
Empowering Earth Lords
Killing creatures on Earth
Malacoda manor
Presidio of the Damned
Feyranti estate

Water:
Birth dragon turtles
Helping Myrtle the dragonturtle
Empower Sarye (?)
Empowering Water Lords
Killing creatures on Water
Rescue Joiya
Aid Jeitara (?)

Village:
Murder Mystery of Stewartsville
Matchmaker of Delport
Caregiver of Estelbar
Raise a new chieftan in Acknor
Put the spirits of Paavik to rest
Bring Harmony to the Shanthmark lodge
Shepherd of the Rocks in Dairuchi
Ice-Picking in Rikenfriez
Kingmaker of the Dwarven Villages
Slavemaster of Angkrag
Talthos

Hallifax:
Put Cloudessence in the Matrix
Give crystals to the Polyhedron
Fix the historical plinths
Put spheres in the generator
Empower the Generators of Hallifax

Serenwilde:
Put silveressence in Mother Moonhart
Hunt nexuscreatures
Prophecy quest (name?)
Venerating Mother Moon on the Moon bubble
Leprechaun rainbow quest

Celest:
Put lightessence in the Pool of Stars
Hunt nexuscreatures
Light the Star of Celest

Gaudiguch:
Put fireessence into the Eternal Flame
Feed the fleshpots
Drachou's prophetic dream

Glomdoring:
Put shadowessence into the Ravenwood.
Summoning Mother Night
Nai'Dorin
Creation of the Blood Baby
The Throne of Mother Night on the Night bubble

Managora:
Put darkessence into the Megalith
Prophecy quest (name?)

Vernal:
Forge of Klangratch (all 4?)
Kiakoda Nature Reserve
Restoring the Spire of Dionamus
Climanti past
Stopping Soulforge
Closing Djarrakh

Soulless:
Duum
Kryden Valik (both?)
Illithoid Honour Quests (All 4?)
Ixthiaxa
Climanti past (other one)
Opening Djarrakh
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comments

• Gaudi's includes Feeding the Fleshpots and the prophecy is giving dream threads to the Drachou
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    A lot of guesswork in here.

Some adjustments / additions:
    1) The manticore quest gives a fire ikon according to Xiel, so the Roc one likely gives an Air ikon as well.
    2) Crow feathers do not give ikon points.
    3) All organizations have a quest to do on their manifested aetherbubble, but they give very very very tiny point values, so it's not really worth doing it.
    4) Glomdoring's quest include the following for sure:
      - Nai'Dorin
      - Summoning Mother Night (the prophecy)
      - Creation of the Blood Baby
    And possibly the following (I haven't confirmed these by actually getting an ikon from them):
      - Wyrden River
      - Mother Night's Throne
    5) Why would you get a Vernal ikon from breaking the Spire?  I'd expect that to be a Soulless ikon.  I think the announce post implies that too.
  • Gathering crow feathers isn't the Glomdoring powerquest?

And "quest on their manifested aetherbubble", you mean the critters within the nexusworld yes? Gaudiguch and Hallifax have a different variation for it, which is more than just hunting the critters and putting them into the object you use to exit the Nexusworld.

And for the Spire of Dionamus, the announce just said "Spire of Dionamus", and there's no mention of it among the soulless quests, so there's a tentative (both?) until it can be confirmed either way.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited November 2012
    -Clarramore does give an Air ikon. 
    -Zoaka does give a Fire ikon. 
    -Toronada Tidal Flats (helping Myrtle get his shell back) gave a Water ikon the one time I actually got to the end of it and Myrtle didn't dip out partway through the quest. 
    -You should probably change "make spheres for the generator" to "put spheres in the generator" since that's what you actually get the ikon for, not creating them. 
    -I believe fixing the plinths gives you credit not when they're fixed, but upon leading servants to the plinths for enrichment. That is when I got an ikon while doing it, at least.
    Xenthos said:
    A lot of guesswork in here.

Some adjustments / additions:
    1) The manticore quest gives a fire ikon according to Xiel, so the Roc one likely gives an Air ikon as well.
    2) Crow feathers do not give ikon points.
    3) All organizations have a quest to do on their manifested aetherbubble, but they give very very very tiny point values, so it's not really worth doing it.
    4) Glomdoring's quest include the following for sure:
      - Nai'Dorin
      - Summoning Mother Night (the prophecy)
      - Creation of the Blood Baby
    And possibly the following (I haven't confirmed these by actually getting an ikon from them):
      - Wyrden River
      - Mother Night's Throne
    5) Why would you get a Vernal ikon from breaking the Spire?  I'd expect that to be a Soulless ikon.  I think the announce post implies that too.
    You got manticores and rocs backwards. Rocs are the Dracnari Mirror Army, and manticores are the Lucidian Mirror Army. They do give Fire and Air ikons, respectively.
  • I raised and broke the Dio spire and only got an ikon from raising it, interestingly enough.
  • Yeah, you only get it for raising it. It doesn't really make sense for breaking it (since there's no soulless-related parties associated with breaking it).

Moon/Night bubbles do give ikons. I don't think Wyrdriver does.
  • Removed the (both?) from Dio and added Moon and Night as certain.
  • Does the quality (i.e. rarity) of an ikon you get from questing have anything to do with the difficulty of the quest?
    Phudmog said:
    Does the quality (i.e. rarity) of an ikon you get from questing have anything to do with the difficulty of the quest?
    You just receive a random ikon from the set. Rarity isn't taken into account. 
  • You do get a water ikon for rescuing Joiya, to remove the question mark from that. Haven't tried helping Jeitara yet.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I don't think pixies work. Or at least, I've never gotten one for them and haven't heard of anyone getting one.
  • You sure about that? Would be weird to not have your powerquest give Ikons.
    edited November 2012
    Not all of them do. Glomdoring's doesn't iirc.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ours does not, no.
  • That's a pity. Having the power quests hand out Ikons would be a great way to get people interested in Psychodrama.
  • Malacoda confirmed to give Earth Ikons.
  • You put a bit of fiery essence into a door frozen in time.
    A door frozen in time flares with temporal energies as it absorbs a bit of fiery 
    essence.
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    You have received Scuchidira Tliwx as a quest reward!

I guess it counts as an org quest?
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • You put a bit of fiery essence into a door frozen in time.
    A door frozen in time flares with temporal energies as it absorbs a bit of fiery 
    essence.
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    You have received Scuchidira Tliwx as a quest reward!

I guess it counts as an org quest?
    Yes, you can get org ikons for doing a given amount of essence into the door.
  • The question is, will the doors remain? If it's just a temporary quest, I'm not sure it should be added to the list.
  • Just as a note, I finished the Moon Bubble quest just now, but received no ikon, so that one can be removed from the list.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I was told it does count, but only for very little.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Bringing in fae should also count for the forests!
  • Fionn said:

Just as a note, I finished the Moon Bubble quest just now, but received no ikon, so that one can be removed from the list.

It counts for a decent chunk, but doesn't get an ikon each time it's done (two should though iirc).
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Do cities get ikons both for killing the essence creatures and putting that essence in their nexus? 
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Everyone can build towards ikons by killing elemental creatures and putting essence in their nexus, so yes.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I get air ikons for killing air critters, and Seren ikons for putting essence in the Moonhart. So I imagine they'd get the same - elemental ikons, and then city ikons.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    What Qistrel said. Killing grubs and gargoyles don't generate Magnagoran ikons, only Earth ones. Putting essence in the Megalith generates Magnagora ikons.

• Can remove the question mark from Jeitara's quest. It does give Water ikons.
  • I can confirm that the Presidio gives earth ikons.
  • For Serenwilde, please add the leprechaun rainbow quest. it gives Serenwilde ikons.