Gabriella Gives Zvoltz a Present

(From February of 2013.)

You look undecided and say, "Lord Zvoltz?"

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Yes, Gabriella?"

You jump into the air and land with a bump.

You laughingly say, "Are You still busy, or may I have a brief moment of Your time?"

The Fulcrux of Zvoltz.

Concentric rings of heptagonal tiles cover the entirety of the floor, the tiles alternating between the purest ivory and the darkest onyx. Arching overhead is an enormous latticework dome of translucent crystal conduits, icy white energy arcing across the dome in brilliant flashes of light. Between the reticulated crystal, glimpses of a bright, azure sky filled with unmoving albescent clouds are visible. The area is empty save for a monolithic shrine that stands at the centre of the rings on the floor. A wall of static runs along the entire base of the dome, crackling with contained energy. A hollow globe of transparent quartz floats above a seven-stepped dais, icy white bolts of energy arcing within the crystal.

There are no obvious exits.

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "If it will be brief, Gabriella. I do not desire to be rude, but I wish to give you My full attention."

You say, "It is rather brief, my Lord. I've been trying to catch You for a few months as it were."

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Do go on then, dear."

You say, "There is a friend of mine whom is very dear to me, and he told me of something that You had done for Him."

You say, "My friend I speak of, is Calythan."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "The little ephemeral?"

Nodding, you say, "Yes, my Lord, that is he."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "I am always happy to undo what My Sibling has done."

You say, "He means very much to me, and the fact that you took the damage from him that had been done by the Lord-and-Lady - that is, the one he calls the Flame Tree - it was very kind of You. I wanted to express my gratitude."

You say, "I know you and my Lady have Your differences on some things, but - well, I made something for You."

You peer at a small, brightly coloured gift box unscrupulously.

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Oh?"

Sheepishly, you say, "Yes, my Lord."

You scratch your head in confusion.

You say, "It is what I do to express my thanks."

You say, "May I show it to You?"

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Certainly."

Arcs of coruscating energy undulate in ripples of icy white resplendency, coalescing into Zvoltz, the Architect.

You jump into the air and land with a bump.

Zvoltz smiles softly at you.

You blush furiously.

He is a radiant immortal and is surrounded by a brilliant white lambency. His eyes appear nearly colourless, shining with irises like refracted, broken glass that shift from hue to hue with gentle inquiry. Held with the unmistakable dignity of a leader, His build is both lithe and tall yet hazy at the edges, as if unwilling to retain a single solid shape. Incandescently white, His hair is swept at sharp angles about His pointed visage, framing His angular features and tapered to fall low at the nape of His neck. His countenance remains impassive, maintaining the austere air of an arbiter, though His eyes exude a sense of warmth. His fair skin is suffused with an ever-shifting current of lambent energy, illuminating Him with ethereal radiance. He is wearing robes of liquid silver and a circlet of fulminating lightning.

Cautiously handing the parcel over, you give a small, brightly coloured gift box to Zvoltz, the Architect.

Zvoltz ponders a small, brightly coloured gift box thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

You say, "I did not craft it with my hands, but I did create the pattern for it."

Zvoltz opens a small, brightly coloured gift box.

Clasping her hands before her, you say, "I did a bit of research."

Zvoltz takes an elliptical music box of pearl and silver from a small, brightly coloured gift box.

Zvoltz beams broadly at you.

You say, "It is enchanted with - Azure, I think it was? A tune that will affect the minds of Your enemies, which I thought was appropriate for You, my Lord."

You twiddle your thumbs.

Zvoltz chuckles long and heartily.

Reddening, you say, "I was told You enjoyed Pandas."

His form flickering along the edges, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "It is quite beautiful, Gabriella."

Her face brightening, you say, "Did You see how it unfastens? I tried to make the clasp something interesting. It was tricky, figuring out how to get the top to swing up like that, but I rather like the mystery of it."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I am very impressed. Were you an Elder God, I am certain you would have been a famed artificer."

You blink incredulously at Zvoltz.

Faintly, you say, "Oh, would I?"

You blush furiously.

You say, "I didn't actually fasten the music box, just made the design for it. The real talent is those that may craft it. My specialty is normally jewellery."

You say, "That's the first thing I've ever designed outside of that type of adornment."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "The making of things is a skill of the hands, the actualy creation of them begins with the mind. Your talent is much rarer than the putting together of material things."

Motes of energy drifting from His body, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I find the panda to be incredibly endearing. Perhaps this will encourage My servants to work harder with this little dancing bear to motivate them."

You look undecided and say, "I put it forth, for the Beauty Seal, after some urging. I do hope You don't mind."

Zvoltz utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Of course not!"

You flap your arms madly.

You laughingly say, "Well, it was a present I made, just for You!"

You say, "It is public, however, if the box should decay, or if Your followers desire one."

Zvoltz smiles softly.

You say, "I wanted everyone to have access to it."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "They might. You may have started a trend in music boxes."

You grin sheepishly and blush faintly.

You say to Zvoltz, "So, my Lord, I do hope that this music box is an adequate expression - really, it's just..."

Blurring and shifting, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I am afraid My attention must turn to other matters for a time. Thank you for the lovely gift."

You shake your head.

You nod your head emphatically.

You say to Zvoltz, "Thank You for Your time, and Your care for what You did for Calythan. Particularly at the expense it was to You."

Zvoltz leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

Zvoltz, the Architect dissolves into jagged bolts of fulminating brilliance which burst into the air, racing away in all directions.

Faintly, you say, "Oh my."

You dance about in utter glee.

--------
"You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
--------
The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."