A Continuation: Gabriella Tells Maylea the Awful Truth She Has Found; The Goddess' Reaction

The Altar of Reflection.

Reflecting a world beyond the humble temple surrounding it, a bronze mirror stands here. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity floats here encircled by a wash of faint colour, clutching Her left arm in pain.

You see exits leading northeast, south, and northwest.

She is a radiant immortal and suffers under the effect of some unknown malady. The familiar aura of power that usually plays across Her slender form is faint and fragmented, its colour muted. The dark hair streaked with blue falls limply against a face grown haggard, and the golden eyes, usually so alive with the continued musings of Her heart, are faded into a warm grey, listless and lost. She is wearing a woven sari edged in prismatic embroidery, a trailing rainbow sash, an armband of twining vines, a sky-hued bluebell, a translucent crystal bindi, an anklet hung with crystal chimes and bloodied bandages wrapped about Her left arm.

You lower the hood on a bare-midriffed robes ensemble of creamy white.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity weakly whispers, "It is ever good to see you, My dear Gabriella... though usually it is under better circumstances."

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope stares at Maylea, pain and fear crossing her face as she slowly approaches Her. "Mother," she whispers numbly.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity gestures at Her bandaged arm with a sigh, murmuring, "Some strangeness has settled into the wound... I fear someone might wish Me ill, and we must find out who it is."

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope very, very gently takes Maylea by the right hand, whispering, "You should sit, a moment, Mother. I - I have something to tell You."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity sags gratefully to the floor, Her limp hair falling askew across Her face.

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope assists Maylea as best she can, slowly releasing Her hand. She reaches trembling fingers up, gently brushing the lank hair away from Her face with obvious care.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity smiles at you, a tired warmth in Her faded eyes.

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope smiles at Maylea, pain visible in her own violet orbs after a moment, and then slowly withdraws her hand, taking a step back from Maylea.

You whisper, "Mother... Maylea... I have something to share with You."

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

With some concern, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Is something wrong, My dear Gabriella?"

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope holds her hand up to Maylea, in a pleading gesture or as if to ward away the concern, it is not immediately clear. "I must - I must tell You this."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity furrows Her brow slightly, filled with worry for you. She whispers, "Hiriako has told Me that Nocht is plaguing you and your son... I will deal with it when I can, I swear to you."

You vigorously shake your head in adamant disagreement.

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope rubs her hands over her face, for perhaps the first time in her life, dropping the honourific as she speaks with Her. "M-Maylea. Just... just listen."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity frowns again, but holds Her peace. She tilts Her head to listen.

You whisper, "To.. to summarize... Nocht came to me and my son last weave. He - He was up to His usual tricks, and during this, Calythan came about. He was scared, quite understandably, but thought to come to our aid. I tried to warn him away from the Silent, but He reached out and seized Calythan, and gave him - such grave wounds, and threw him upon the ground. Or so it appeared to myself and my son. Calythan vanished, and I was fearful he might be dead. Nocht left, swearing You were next - I ran, I tried to find You, tried to find... Anyone - Anyone..."

You whisper, "A-and then..."

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope trembles visibly, pacing back and forth in front of Maylea, her arms wrapped around herself as she turns to face Maylea again.

Alarmed, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Is Calythan all right?"

The words stumbling more quickly from her, you say, "When I could not find You, or anyone, or Calythan, to try and help, I - I ran to Nocht's fulcrux. I confronted Him there."

You say, "H-he offered to restore Calythan."

Her voice cracking, you whisper, "But at a price. A price I did not understand."

You place both hands over your eyes, blocking the world from sight.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "He is ever the trickster... nothing ever is as it seems with Him..."

Through her fingers, you whisper, "He demanded that I kneel before Him a-and - and renounce You. And curse Your name, and all You stood for. I was stricken - I did not know what to do - I thought Calythan lost forever if I could not act to save him, I could not find Anyone - and then Nocht grew impatient and said that His offer was not indefinite." She pauses, lowering her hands as she stares up at Maylea, agonized. "S-so I knelt before Him, and I gave Him what He wanted. He wanted only the words, He said. He did not make me renounce You in truth. And so I did so - but they were false words, Mother! I did not MEAN THEM - They were a farce, hollow, said only to s-save Calythan - !""

You whisper, "He gave me back Calythan, as he promised. And Calythan later told me he was never harmed."

You whisper, "A-and then... Mahin came to me, in my room, and told me what my actions had really wrought."

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope lowers shaking hands as she stares at Maylea. "I have betrayed You, Mother," she whispers.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity reels a little, Her pale face going as white as alabaster, something in Her eyes haunted.

Some essential colour slowly leeches from the walls of the temple around you, the airy ceiling suddenly dark and oppressive overhead.

You have emoted: Gabriella falls to her knees, tears streaming freely from her eyes, though she seems to be unaware of them. "You must believe me, Mother, I did not mean the words, I did not know what I was doing! I thought I h-had no other choice but to play along - !"

Sobbing, you say, "I did not mean it! It is not true!"

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity whispers, choking bitterly on the words, "What plot the Silent works in My moment of weakness!"

You have emoted: Gabriella's hands fall to the ground as she drops her head, resting her forehead on the floor. "I did not mean it, Mother. I wish Him DEAD for this," she sobs. "I am sorry - I am so sorry!"

A single tear sliding down one cheek, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I... I do not think you know Me well if you doubt I would watch over Calythan and restore him from any ill."

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope lifts her head, staring aghast at Maylea, impatiently dashing her own tears from her cheeks. "That is not the thought, that had *ever* crossed my mind - You must believe me!"

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity rises to Her feet, one hand fluttering to Her forehead as though She is dizzy. She whispers, "I do... not think I know you as well as I thought."

You say, "I *do* know You. I feared for You - I feared for him! Please, Mother, listen!"

You say, "I saw what Calythan was like when he was injured - i knew what it cost Zvoltz to heal him! His arm mother!"

You say, "I knew You were injured, You were unresponsive - I thought Calythan dead or dying! I wanted to *help* You, help him!"

You say, "I never once doubted that You would not watch over him - p-please."

You whisper, "Please, Mother."

Faintly, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I hear you well, Gabriella. I see what has come to be."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity grimaces as She looks down at the bandaged arm, Her face peaked and pensive.

Tears rising in her eyes again, you whisper, "Do not say You do not know me. You do know me. I know You - This is what He wants."

You whisper, "Mahin said there may be something I can do to correct my mistake, Nocht's trickery."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity whispers, "I fear He has gotten what He wants... when you did as He bade."

Pained, you whisper to Maylea, "Only for Calythan's life!"

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity whispers, "Knowing what My ill is, I shall see if I cannot comprise a cure. I shall speak to you another time, Gabriella."

You say, "W-wait, Mother - please."

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope stumbles to her feet, staring up at Maylea.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity shakes Her head slightly, and whispers, "No, not now. This business shall be dealt with later. Go well, Gabriella."

Her voice cracking, you say to Maylea, "I have been loyal to You all these years, despite everything that has happened, everyone whom has come and gone - please do not doubt that You know me."

The Serene Goddess fades from view, gone in an instant back to the Havens.

You whisper, "Mother."

As horrible thoughts fill your mind, you begin to sob uncontrollably.

<Collecting myself, decide to leave the temple.>

Amid a labyrinth of arches.

You see a single exit leading southwest.

You reach out and touch a marble plinth.

Oddly, nothing happens as you touch the plinth, although the monument shivers under your fingertips.

You stare implacably about yourself.

Oddly, nothing happens as you touch the plinth, although the monument shivers under your fingertips.

You whisper, "No."

The Cloudless Sanctum.

<Running quickly to the other entrance.>

You exclaim, "No!"

<Running frantically now to test some other things.>

An orchid-adorned pavilion.

A luminescent flower grows exuberantly here, stunning petals shifting from one colour to the next. Flowers bloom amid the graceful, drooping leaves of a willow tree, flourishing in the soil here.

You see exits leading northeast, southeast, and in.

You reach out and touch a weeping willow tree.

As you run your fingertips down the elegant arcing leaves of the willow tree, the branches themselves shiver and the spirit recoils, unwilling to grant you a flower.

As horrible thoughts fill your mind, you begin to sob uncontrollably.

You say, "NO."

The Cloudless Sanctum.

Water flowing endlessly into the world beyond, the Font of Creativity stands here emanating a sense of peaceful serenity and power. Clasping her hands serenely before her, Kavindra moves through the room humming, lost in thought and reverie.

You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest.

You reach out and touch the Font of Creativity.

The font is cold under your fingertips, and strangely unresponsive.

You whisper, "Kavindra, how are you today?"

Kavindra, Song of Transcendence turns aside, as though trying to ignore the conversation.

<Running again to the exits once more.>

The air stirs briefly, echoing oddly through the corners and alcoves as the light bends around you, enveloping you in shifting shades of blue before you find yourself somewhere else.

The pensive path.

Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky.

You see exits leading northwest and down.

The air stirs briefly, colourful shapes folding and unfolding as the light bends around you, enveloping you in shifting shades of blue, before you suddenly find yourself somewhere else.

Amid a labyrinth of arches.

You see a single exit leading southwest.

You let loose a long breath from your lungs, exhaling slowly.

You say, "Thank gods."

The Cloudless Sanctum.

Water flowing endlessly into the world beyond, the Font of Creativity stands here emanating a sense of peaceful serenity and power. Clasping her hands serenely before her, Kavindra moves through the room humming, lost in thought and reverie.

You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest.

You say, "Kavindra?"

You greet Kavindra, Song of Transcendence with a sincere smile.

Avoiding eye contact, Kavindra, Song of Transcendence says, "Ah... greetings."

You say, "K-Kavindra... Kavindra, how are you today?"

A frown creasing her brow, Kavindra, Song of Transcendence says, "Today I meditate upon the Lord Nocht, who did our Lady a great service, and yet now views Her with such hate. What misery has driven Him thus? We may never know."

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

--------
"You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
--------
The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."

Comments

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    edited June 2013
    I am hooked. Another super log!
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Aahhhh you've brought me to tears, poor Gabriella!

• The tree won't even give her a flower! D:
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • What a saga!

*waits patiently for part 3*
  • I have the next bit to post. Fairly short, but it needs a little editing. I shall post it tomorrow!