Everything Curios

Thinking about starting collecting curios, slowly, i have none and was wondering what to get first. I havent been able to find much info on the various completed sets and collections. If it doesnt already exist somewhere, could somebody start a thread or post here or the wiki the various sets, powers, and collections and their powers? Lot to ask i know, but the information is needed by more than just me im sure. Just a thought. Thanks in advance to any information.

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    If you haven't seen yet, Xiel's site has a lot on... everything. Including Curios.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    If you want Cziganies, your best bet is the curio artifact crates.  Curios do not tend to work very well as a "Oh, I want just X specific item" sort of thing; if you want to complete even one, you need at least 10 curios for trade.  The odds (especially at this point) of any one other person having all the pieces you need is pretty tiny, so you need to get as large a curio base as you can to start off with.  Then you can use those for trading (try not to rub them until you're close to done, because while rubbing can get you what you need, the odds are abysmal).

Once done, rub them all down and spin the wheel to recoup a bit of the investment.

This is the best month to collect curios though, you can't really access the old ones in significant quantities except via these artifact crates (and there are 26 of the originals, plus ten masks I think).

You can always collect the set ones from the 300-cr crates on Avechna's Peak, but they will suffer from the same thing right now; not many people to trade with, so you'll have to buy the bulk of the sets on your own and then advertise a lot on Market.
  • When you rub a curio does it change into the same type or is that random too? Like does a damage enhancement switch to another damage enhancement or can it switch to a travel one?

It has a high chance to stay in the same type- but if it does change into another type, rubbing it again leaves it with a high chance to stay in that new type instead.
  • Trying to decide between getting the three crates of new ones or the damage enhancement 100 pack. Not sure whats the better deal and better to start with cause i like the coins too. The coins worth it? I cant remember the spin chances. Anyone know what they are roughly? gold, xp, favour, credits, dingbats, etc.
    Rewards have gone way, way down over many changes (the most recent one being a nerf to presents making them about half as good as they were previously).  You can get lucky, but it's definitely a gamble.
  • So the 100 pack would probably be better to start with sounds like.
    I'd personally advise curios over coins, just because that gives you things to trade with and work towards (whereas coins are a 100% gamble).

If all you want to do is melt them down for coins, though, then coins are probably better.  To me that's a bit of a waste though, given how the rewards have gone down.
  • DysDys
    edited July 2013
    Curios are neat. I've got a lot of magic item, resistance, buff and travel curios. Ask if you get to the trading stage. I only rub my duplicates, to keep the rest available for trade.

Some rough Wheel figures I've observed are 1% chance of present, 17% favour, 18% clover, 16% gold, 10% curios, 11% xp, 2% dingbats, 2% bound credits, 2% free credits, 12% lessons, 5% coin, 4% other. (Over 1,200 spins - not mine!)