Things You Didn't Know That Changed Your E-Life

TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
With the purpose both of educating and amusing, this thread is a list of those things - shortcuts and the like - that you didn't know for ages and someone told you once as if it was terribly obvious. Things that totally changed how you went about whatever that thing was that you were doing.

That's an awful explanation, so let's start you off with some examples:

In the Catacombs, you can just target gar to catch all of them. (Undead also works, but it gets the gatekeepers too).

You can target/hand kephera to Cyarawotsit using give kephera to overseer.

The Nai'Dorin ritual can be speeded up if you get spinnerets from Tolborolla as well.

You can bookbind multiple sheets of vellum simultaneously.

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    God realms can be entered and exited by simply typing "Enter" at the appropriate location.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Oh yeah, enter portal works for basically any special exit.
  • edited July 2013
    Tacita said:
    Along the same lines, -nothing- is better when interacting with ridiculously-named mobs than just using their race.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Stefan said:
    Tacita said:
    Along the same lines, -nothing- is better when interacting with ridiculously-named mobs than just using their race.
    I tend to use the races during revolts - so much faster and easier.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tacita said:

Oh yeah, enter portal works for basically any special exit.

I am silly and like to use the actual exit name, but "enter exit" also works and I find it greatly amusing.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    WHATIS and WHATCURES.

Hitting X to check exits rather than doing QL.

The pathway hub in the UV and West Razines.

LOOK THROUGH PORTAL also works for any special exit when you want to gank someone.
  • Yeah, I'm going to be having a chat about syntax with a couple of people about offering multiple corpses at once. I actually look through the offerings list on a semi-regular basis, and I'm sure it's not a lot of fun to scroll through twenty pages of individual offerings of different sorts of fish.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:
    Yeah, I'm going to be having a chat about syntax with a couple of people about offering multiple corpses at once. I actually look through the offerings list on a semi-regular basis, and I'm sure it's not a lot of fun to scroll through twenty pages of individual offerings of different sorts of fish.
    Don't worry. They'll say, 'Oh, that's SO much easier, thank you!', and then promptly forget.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    qsc
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited July 2013
    Being able to check the news via NSTAT and READNEWS PUBLIC 123, etc. without physically having to be in a newsroom.

(Ahh, newbie days...)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• One of the most important ones:

You can give items through Selfishness if you use CONFIRM. For example: "give sphere to fraesic confirm".
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    You don't have to type out names when it comes to most commands.

SAY TO ZOU
    GIVE CAKE TO ZOU
    KICK AVU
    TELL AVU
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    If you use mudlet, tab completion helps there too.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Shuyin said:
    If you use mudlet, tab completion helps there too.
    MUDLET HAS TAB COMPLETION?!...

... holy crap. Thank you for the new info on that one! :O
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited July 2013
    Shikari said:
    Zyphora said:
    OFFER CORPSES

vs.

OFFER CORPSE + holding down enter key.
    As a god, this makes my e-life easier, too.

Hmm! Careful, that might give us some ideas.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.

Zyphora said:
    OFFER CORPSES

vs.

Confirming my life farming God Essence became much better when I learned this.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• GMCP (and its predecessor ATCP) along with the Lusty API. Nuff said.
  • Morkarion said:

Zyphora said:
    OFFER CORPSES

vs.

Confirming my life farming God Essence became much better when I learned this.
    Found that out today, ha!
  • Does anyone know that their medallion is a CUBIX?!

Okay. Let's see... No, I have nothing. I need this thread to survive Lusternia. ;_;
  • Learning how to emote in the middle of a SAY.

Figuring out how to make a long alias to make shopkeeping easier. (For ages I typed *everything* out)

Path find, Path walk + Landmarks. (I'm so lazy and my map sucks)

Guild ledger.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Learning how to read backlogs instead of just the current one with READLOG GLOMDORING 0 1, etc.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited July 2013
    Using II to search your items in hand. Like, that's easily the most useful thing I have ever learned. II ORIGAMI lists all my origami and it's amazing.

AND Coding trigger/alias toggles. Seriously, best.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Rancoura said:
    Learning how to read backlogs instead of just the current one with READLOG GLOMDORING 0 1, etc.

For further mind-blowing, try READLOG GLOMDORING 0 1 FAVOUR, which will show all notes with the word "favour" in it.
  • flyers shows you the people flying above

who here shows the people in your room, in a nice list without titles (although I think GMCP also offers this info now, for the script-inclined)
  • You can do WHO <name> to see just the who test for that person. With thirdeye, this gives you no EQ scrying on people who are not cloaked and are on the same plane.

You can do MAP <#> to show the ingame map for a room with a given vnumber. Try MAP 6!

You can do MAP <area> <x> <y> <z> to show the map for a given room that you know the area name and coordinates of. Try MAP CELEST 0 1 0

• Vadi.

Probably changed my e-life more than anything else. Though, that's no secret.

RN - read the first currently unread news post.

RM - read the first currently unread message.

TELLS and SHOWTELL # - lists the past 20 tells you've received and shows the one listed in full, respectively.

GUILDTELLS/CLANTELLS/etc - lists the last 20 things said on an aether.
  • edited July 2013
    Iytha said:
    You can do MAP <#> to show the ingame map for a room with a given vnumber. Try MAP 6!
    I was just playing with this last night. MAP 32 is where it's at.