Export candy shop - would anyone buy from a shop like this?

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
Myself and a friend are looking at setting up an export sweet shop here in New Zealand, we have found through a bit of market research that import shops in the local area seem to do well, plus on a few different mediums I have seen people online that wish they could get a hold of certain popular NZ sweets and chocolates that are not available overseas.  Nothing is set in stone as of yet, since we obviously don't want to set up a shop that no one is going to buy from!

If we went ahead with it, we would likely stock sweets that are either popular in or exclusive to New Zealand, including but not restricted to:
Chocolate Fish
Pineapple Lumps
--Both the above are VERY popular sweets in New zealand and for people to take back home as gifts--
"Whittakers" brand chocolate
"Caramello" chocolate (chocolate with a caramel filling)
Kiwifruit chocolate
Manuka Honey chocolate
and a bunch of other stuff.

Who out there would potentially be interested in buying from such a site?
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Slight necro

I would probably buy things like this upon occasion.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I am intrigued by the first two items and the last two items.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited September 2013
    Chocolate Fish and Pineapple Lumps are two types of candy that are almost exclusive to the New Zealand region, Chocolate fish are fish-shaped pieces of marshmallow (usually strawberry flavoured) that is then coated in chocolate, with the final result being moved back and forth under a directed stream of air to give the impression of "scales" on the top of the chocolate fish.

Pineapple Lumps are a very chewy, pineapple flavoured sweet that is covered in a thin chocolate shell - these are very popular sweets in New Zealand.

Kiwifruit Chocolate is what it sounds like, Chocolate that has either been infused with Kiwifruit flavoring, or has a liquid kiwifruit-flavored centre, Manuka Honey chocolate is similar, except having the flavor of Manuka Honey, a type of honey that comes from New Zealand and Australia which is renouned for its quality and antibacterial properties, high quality manuka honey can sell for hundreds of dollars for a single kilo.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I mentioned these to my wife, and she was very interested in them.  If you ever get this up off the ground, can probably count on orders from me every couple of months.  :D
  • I've had some good kiwi candies, last time I was in NZ... :D
    Just so I understand, you're wanting to have an online candy store where we can order stuff from?

If so, I'd probably be interested.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I've set up a basic shop online for the time being at http://sweetshop.montwick.com - if I can get enough interest I will set up a dedicated domain name for it.  Searching for typical sweet foods like "Chocolate", "Confectionery", "Biscuits" will yield a number of results.

Postage is currently being done via New Zealand Post.

I am also happy to take requests for anything I may have forgotten to add to the shop.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    edited September 2013
    Kagato said:
    Yeah, I've set up a basic shop online for the time being at http://sweetshop.montwick.com - if I can get enough interest I will set up a dedicated domain name for it.  Searching for typical sweet foods like "Chocolate", "Confectionery", "Biscuits" will yield a number of results.

Postage is currently being done via New Zealand Post.

I am also happy to take requests for anything I may have forgotten to add to the shop.
    Suggestions for "upgrading" your site - I know, it's a basic site, but...

1. Use higher res images that you scale down once placed on the site using CSS, rather than pixelated jpegs
    2. Drop the bullet points on the lists you have (also can be accomplished via CSS)
    3. Get rid of the green arrow(s) in the bottom brick - they seem to be functionless (HTML for this one)
    4. Find a way to differentiate the different money options up top aside from highlighting each one to see what they are.
    5. Rename Whittakers "L&P" 28% Cocoa White Chocolate 250 gram to "L&P" 28% Cocoa White Chocolate 250g in order to keep with the naming convention you've established on other items.
    I made an account for your site. I can't promise I'll buy anything, but some of it looks pretty good.

Is there any way you can put some sort of app in the website to calculate postage?
    edited October 2013
    Postage is calculated during the checkout process, though nothing is charged obviously until you reach the very final step (main reason for this being that some people buy stuff and get it sent to another address as a gift, allowing the shipping app to calculate for the giftees address rather than the senders).  I'm waiting to hear back from NZ Post as to if they have any modules available for e-commerce sites that will allow for calculating postage earlier, not holding my breath though.