September Meet - New York City

Comments

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I will spectate the karaoke. Do not put a drink in my hand.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Infuse it with alcohol, put a mic in it's hand.

Film it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• What happens in nyc stays in... oh who am i kidding?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Revan said:
    What happens in nyc stays in... oh who am i kidding?
    Nobody.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    What happens in NYC stays on YouTube.
  • Xenthos said:

Revan said:
    Nobody.
    Wait... Xenthos, are you coming to the meet, too? If you are, I will definitely bring my vid camera.

Heck, we can even drive you down to Camden (NJ), leave you in the middle of the city, and see how fast you can run.
    Xarcon said:
    Xenthos said:

Revan said:
    Nobody.
    Wait... Xenthos, are you coming to the meet, too? If you are, I will definitely bring my vid camera.

Heck, we can even drive you down to Camden (NJ), leave you in the middle of the city, and see how fast you can run.
    If this was another time I probably would; unfortunately, I will be in NYC already at the beginning of September.  Two trips there in the same month is a bit too much for me to justify.  :(
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Xenthos said:
    Xarcon said:
    Xenthos said:

Revan said:
    Nobody.

If this was another time I probably would; unfortunately, I will be in NYC already at the beginning of September.  Two trips there in the same month is a bit too much for me to justify.  :(
    Nonsense. Visiting a neighbouring major city never requires any sort of justification.

=)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

edited August 2013
    Rancoura said:
    Xenthos said:
    Xarcon said:
    Xenthos said:

Revan said:
    Nobody.

Nonsense. Visiting a neighbouring major city never requires any sort of justification.

=)
    An 8-hour-drive is not exactly "neighbouring".  :(  It'd be more justifiable if it was Boston.  That's doable without having to take time off from work.

Edit: Only half the drive time.  Yes, it takes a while to get anywhere from here. :p
  • If Rancoura and sidonie can drive 11 hours for the meet, anyone can
  • Actually, I'm driving four hours over to Tennessee to see somebody who MAY accompany on the then-12-hour drive. So really, just about anyone can make it.
  • *daydream*

It would be really cool to be able to scrape up the cash to try to come.  I definitely want to meet Zouviqil, and after e-growing up a bit, it would be really cool to meet Kelly, Xena, and Sidonie, too.

But alas, I am poor :(
  • Also, pending people being along the driving way (given reasonable detours of no more than an hour), I may consider assisting others on the trip, should they be interested. You would get the backseat though, if my friend comes with me. I do, however, have a Toyota RAV4, which actually has some decent space.
  • About two thirds of my trip will be along I-81, with briefer sections along I-75, I-40, and I-78, by the look of it.
    Xenthos said:
    An 8-hour-drive is not exactly "neighbouring".  :(  It'd be more justifiable if it was Boston.  That's doable without having to take time off from work.

Edit: Only half the drive time.  Yes, it takes a while to get anywhere from here. :p

Revan said:
    If Rancoura and sidonie can drive 11 hours for the meet, anyone can
    You missed a key component:
    "Without having to take time off from work."  :(
    Xenthos said:
    Xenthos said:

Revan said:
    If you need help playing hooky, I'm sure any number of us would gladly call your job pretending to be your bedridden relative.
  • Xenthos does not know how to lie.
  • I've never been to any of these meet-ups, so may be interested in joining in to. Just need to see if I can get that weekend off.
  • Kio said:
    Xenthos does not know how to lie.
    Xenthos doesn't need to. That's what we're here for.
  • Xenthos said:
    Xenthos said:

Revan said:
    @Xenthos - I know you want to visit me!... Kelly is a good reason too but mostly me :o
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
  • I just bought my plane ticket! Can't wait to see you all there!
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
  • As a note: if you want very cheap rates, use airbnb.com to book a room. It's like couchsurfing. I found a room in manhattan by times square for $35/night
    edited August 2013
    Xena said:

@Xenthos - I know you want to visit me!... Kelly is a good reason too but mostly me :o

I don't know; Kelly is pretty awesome too!

I would definitely come if I could. However, not only will I already be here in NYC at the beginning of September... I am sitting in JFK right now waiting for my plane home. :(

Curse needing to be at the office -sometime- (though to be fair, this current venture was a business trip during which I was plied with an excess of good food).
  • Sorry Lehki, Serens never attend anything. You can't go. Keep the streak alive.
    Xenthos said:
    I don't know; Kelly is pretty awesome too! I would definitely come if I could. However, not only will I already be here in NYC at the beginning of September... I am sitting in JFK right now waiting for my plane home. :( Curse needing to be at the office -sometime- (though to be fair, this current venture was a business trip during which I was plied with an excess of good food).
    B'aww. If I knew, I woulda poked you. I'm fifteen minutes driving (so that's a cab or a bus for me) to JFK, could have kept you company. Oh well.
  • Ixion said:
    Sorry Lehki, Serens never attend anything. You can't go. Keep the streak alive.
    Seems to me Zouviqil is already breaking this apparent streak. :p
  • I really wish I could come! i will definitely make next years! have a little fun for me eh?
  • I was consider joining you all but alas, I cannot get a couple of days of vacation at that time.
    I still think we should set up a designated Skyper for this, so people can Skype in. Or someone recording. There will be people who want to come but can't. Best to record it so people can feel guilty and jealous like they're there with us.
    If you guys need another reason to come for the weekend, THE MAKER FAIRE IS SEPTEMBER 21ST AND 22ND! Which is awesome.