Why are breasts considered so horrible in Lusternia? And am I in the wrong for giving my girl tatas?

I have been informed that if I do not take breasts out of my character's description I may not be allowed to be promoted in my city/guild, and may even be kicked out! I do not view them as that big of a deal, and the context they are used in is not lewd- at least not to me. I use 'slightly above average' or 'pert' when describing them in order to lower any chance of me being lewd. Apparently, describing breasts in any way shape of form is an OUTCRY for MUDsex, which I view to be utter bologna. I do not want MUDsex, however I do not want my girl to be anorexic in looks. I describe her as hourglass-shaped. She is curvy, and I do not use the breasts to be sexual. (I had better wording and much more than this, but my kitty decided to walk across the keyboard and delete everything -.- ) As Kendra says, WHY IS EVERYONE SO AFRAID OF A TEET?? I have modified my description  bit by making it less detailed, and I took out anything about her bum bum, but I refuse to take out her boobs. Am I in the wrong for defending my right to have tatas on my girl?

Best Answers

Answers

• She is a graceful elfen and stands around 5 feet, 8 inches tall, looking to weigh around 160 pounds. Her skin is a pale-white layer surrounding a slightly-curvaceous body, and slightly above-average sized chest and hip regions aide in giving her an hourglass shape. Orange hair is cut short, spiking out messily around her head no more than 3 inches at the most. Streaks of white-blonde break apart the pumpkin-orange of the rest of her hair in random sprouts and emerald-green eyes compliment her bright orange hair, and light brown freckles fleck across her cheeks. Pale-pink lips surrounding a mouth full of pearly-white teeth curl into a gentle smile. 

After I moderated it this last time
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    When I saw this post I thought it said beasts (as in beast mastery - beastmastery stuff is awesome). Clearly I misread on that one!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think if you're around more and contribute to your commune, people will be less likely to consider you a mudsex alt and more likely to simply be a woman who has curves. A lot of your problem is that you're in Glomdoring, which is more likely to judge you well by what you contribute as opposed to what you look like.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • There are so many dashes.
  • I blame the moral guardians. That said, it might be that when characters/players look at a person's description, they are looking for things which are relevant to them.a description of a character, I think, should be relevant stuff which will be touched upon later or involved in your roleplay. Being you're a woman, people will assume 100 percent of the time you have breasts already, so adding details to that will make people think, perhaps, 'why did she mention breasts?'. Hands, legs, arms etc are different because they are innocuous things which everyone has. (Gorlois is muscly, monstrous and clearly pumped up on Taint energy, for example, but it reinforces his RP).

Everyone has a valid point however, and you can't please everyone. However your current description you posted last seems fine to me.

(Does anyone have that old quote by a female divine (I think Vira), by the way, where she stated the way a player described 'breasts' indicated the percentage of them being a guy? Just curious, it was a funny one).
    A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"
  • Talan said:
    Breasts are sex organs
    Really? I'd say they're more like milk organs.

• Estwald said:
    Talan said:
    Breasts are sex organs
    I'm not sure if you are being daft, pedantic, or just setting me up for the pun where I inform you that you're doing it wrong.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I think you should be fine, elves have titties. Some of the lusternia races, biologically speaking, don't. Dracnari and Kephera for instance. (Hi, I was guilty of dracnari boobs when I first started in 2009. Still need to fix that ...) Anywho, I would say you're fine being an elf and all. Your latest modification looks fine. I always assumed Elves were well-endowed anyway. Hee.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Why would Elfen be well-endowed? Sounds like a fantasy stereotype to me. There is nothing saying they can't be, of course. But it would make just as much sense for them to be flat-chested or average as they are close to human physique in that regard.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Excuse me. How are we going to have golden dragon milk if dracnari don't have boobs?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Talan said:

Estwald said:

Talan said:
    Breasts are sex organs

I'm not sure if you are being daft, pedantic, or just setting me up for the pun where I inform you that you're doing it wrong.

Estwald has transcendant moobs.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Then of course, we have this:
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited August 2013
    Rialorm said:
    Why would Elfen be well-endowed? Sounds like a fantasy stereotype to me. There is nothing saying they can't be, of course. But it would make just as much sense for them to be flat-chested or average as they are close to human physique in that regard.
    Because elves are, in fact, made to be the ultimate beauty. And many class that with large breasts. So. Ergo. That. They're meant to be a nerd's wet dream, that's kind of the point. Elves in general, in older mythos, are, well endowed. They fit the beauty standard of the day. In this day, it's large breasts. Before, it was large, plump, women. So elves were as such. /ramble ramble 
    Side note, elven men are also well endowed in general. We see elves now as willowy, thin, and almost frail looking. Because that's the current beauty thing. I could keep going all day, but I won't. I could also find your elf art spanning through the ages. But I won't. /shakes stick at 
    Fae too, if we go with that theory. Many other mythical humanoid species. Also, it depends on WHOSE mythos you're looking at. I want to cite my knowledge from germanic, but I get things confused. Oh hi wall of text. /potters off

Edit: It's Nordic. I was close. But. Fertility and nature gods of great beauty. Yeah. That. Hee <3 Mythology /nerds out
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Didn't mean to sound pompous, I was just backing up why I believe elves are the way they are now. I got carried away. I'm waaaay to into mythos. /scurries away
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That's a lot of interesting rationalization, but has no bearing on elfen of Lusternia. Aside from the little bit we get from the race descriptions and observing race denizens in game, we have a lot of freedom to design our characters the way we want them to be.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Yeah, I realize that. It's kind of a pointless ramble at this point. Heh. I guess my point should be, it's your character, base it however you want, and don't let people tell you differently. I got ... uh .. some "offers" when I was still in high school on my first character. But I didn't let that stop me, you make your character yours. /snake dracnari lady. /winged dracnari lady. so. Yes. That point. /points above. that's my point. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Turnus said:
    When I saw this post I thought it said beasts (as in beast mastery - beastmastery stuff is awesome). Clearly I misread on that one!
    Which is weird because usually it's the other way around...
  • I see, so that's what Rivius imagines everytime he gets onto his mount before a fight.