September Dingbat Extravanganza!

13»

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Chance to spawn a Shaddus-alt.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • BTW, we added a circle dingbat artifact that you can put in your manse and if you generate a tenant there, they'll be berserk.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Ah, I had wondered if that's what the changelog meant.

Thank you!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Can Patrons create custom tenant generators?

Morkarion's idea is neat, but the mobs are weak to be a threat to someone stronger.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Malarious said:
    Can Patrons create custom tenant generators?

Morkarion's idea is neat, but the mobs are weak to be a threat to someone stronger.
    You'd be then essentially asking for a private bashing zone. This would be similar to scenario where people have created comms factories by throwing money at the game in terms of creating an unbalance.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Can the manse tenants be made to not award exp/gold/karma/essence/attaboys? If so, then making tougher customers (literally in some cases) might not be so farfetched.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited September 2013
    Can we has....attack dog tenants? :O
    -prostrates himself-
  • You know what i'd probably happily pay a lot of money for?
    A special exit.

You'd get two objects when you purchase them, and then you could anchor them in two different points in the manse.

I guess I've found sometimes that I want to create distinct areas in a manse. Ideally, these would count as the connection to one room so you would only be able to access them through that exit, but I'd probably pay for stakes of concealment, a door that can't be opened by anyone, and the rings to keep mobs out.

I could see things like portal generators, tunnels, staircases, ethereal circles, etc.

• Saran said:
    You know what i'd probably happily pay a lot of money for?
    A special exit.

You'd get two objects when you purchase them, and then you could anchor them in two different points in the manse.

I guess I've found sometimes that I want to create distinct areas in a manse. Ideally, these would count as the connection to one room so you would only be able to access them through that exit, but I'd probably pay for stakes of concealment, a door that can't be opened by anyone, and the rings to keep mobs out.

I could see things like portal generators, tunnels, staircases, ethereal circles, etc.
    This must happen.  Pretty please?
  • Oh that and vanity things, like doll stands for the collections and the like.
  • edited September 2013
    The only other manse thing I can think of is changing the miniatures of billowing winds and vibrant trees into an object that sits in the room and gives you the ability to set the terrain type of a room. 

Maybe demesne style, so you can spread trees around a central tree object but if you want two separate groves you'd need to buy a second one. 

And then I'd want to add in more terrain types with a similar mechanic. 

Like rivers, underground, maybe even things like tainted and divine.

Though that's probably well beyond the scope.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Richter has a special entrance in deepnight that only works for people in one of his clans. It's obviously doable.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Richter has a special entrance in deepnight that only works for people in one of his clans. It's obviously doable.
    Cool, I don't remember hearing about it before. But yeah getting something that lets this be perhaps a bit more accessible would be nice.
  • I just use magic paintings. But yeah, having something proper like that would be amazing. 
  • Aeral said:
    I just use magic paintings. But yeah, having something proper like that would be amazing. 

Yeah, I'm just thinking that for the manse I envision for Saran it's probably going to be a big forest like area so paintings just wouldn't really fit (I don't like the idea of transportation huts around the forest I guess), just like having random doors between natural type locations would be weird.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Please let the ur'Trap dingbat arties let me lay pit traps. Please please.

Barring that, how about a teaser on what they do.
    edited September 2013
    Maybe they're tenants that you shouldn't trust on appearance.

With a look of determination, a plush doll of Mother Moon says, "The fae upon Faethorn must be 
    protected! Bring them unto me so that they may be cherished and can serve the light."

ummm what?
  • Yeah, I noticed that....Its a very celest thing for Mother Moon to say, I can kind of understand it but I think we could find a better saying than "serve the light."
  • I'm moderately entertained because it's been how many days since the last serenwilde identity crisis/rp complaints?
    Please, please, please, please can we have puppy tenants?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Rivius said:
    I'd like some sprites/sylphs, myself. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Rivius said:
    Oh my god. Please puppy tenants! I would die of happiness @Estarra!
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."