Stratagems

I've never personally used stratagems, because I have not a clue what to do with them. Can someone who knows an effective means of employing a stratagem, and who uses them often, please give a detailed explanation of how they work? As well as what they mean when they say <mods> in the syntax, because I haven't a clue as to what it means. Also, do stratagems work sort of like maneuvers, where you specify a target after the fact, or must the target be included in the stratagem? Or can I include variables in the stratagem itself safely? Please help!

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Basically, a strategem is just a queued action that will  immediately activate the next time you have both eq and balance. It acts as if you typed whatever you put into the strategem right as your balances recovered, and everything goes as normal from there, so if you are entangled when your eq/bal come back... the action will still fire and still fail (if appropriate). You can queue up to 10 strategems, each of which can consist of up to three stacked commands, separated by the pipe character: |.

The mods are REPEAT and FREE. Free tells the system that this particular stratagem won't steal your eq or balance, so it should immediately move on to the next queued action. Repeat should be obvious. 

I don't think you can include system variables, but you might be able to. I'm pretty sure it's just your exact input text.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    For instance, you  might trigger the line of essence dropping out of a corpse to SM ADD FREE GET ESSENCE, and as soon as you regain balance, you'll get the essence.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • thank you, you have both been very helpful ^_^