QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• From events:
    Though Tylwyth, the Keeper of the Black Nest, appeared most interested in propositioning the working merians,

It was once guard guys, just one.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• It's okay, you can treat that like the Taint and pretend it didn't happen.
    The playa you love to hate
  • Reylari said:
    Stewardess Vivet Pavok, Archon of Accord says, "I must be going now, but do take care!"
    You say, "Take care!"
    With a flourish of her arm, Vivet bows deeply.
    Vivet grows still and her lips begin to move silently.
    You curtsey gracefully.

Vivet drops a slavering icedigger. note. NOT a corpse...
    Vivet is enveloped in translucent fire for a moment and is gone, her soul safe until she returns to Lusternia.

A slavering icedigger lunges at you and bites a chunk of flesh out of your arm.
    6366h, 8300m, 6300e, 10p, 0em exkb- (04:50:38:870)
    You bleed 42 health.
    6324h, 8300m, 6300e, 10p, 0em exkb- (04:50:41:568)
    A slavering icedigger lunges at you and bites a chunk of flesh out of your arm.
    5943h, 8300m, 6300e, 10p, 0em exkb- (04:50:44:706)

Thanks @Vivet.
    Yes, this happens on occasion. I should have bugged it but always forget. You can actually see it alive and aggressive (colored red) in your inventory, but it only attacks after you drop it. 
  • Oh, really? Vivet's known about being able to sometimes pick up angry, kicking icediggers for a while, it seems.

First time I've ever seen this bug. My goodness, report it immediately.

• It definitely helps us out if you can bug these with the ID of the denizen or mob. Except for pets or certain quests, you should never be able to hold a living or sentient NPC in your inventory. 

It means bad things happened! :s (Potentially. :) )
  • To be clear, I'm pretty sure it has only happened with icediggers (regular, not queens), and I strongly suspect that somehow an icedigger corpse in one's possession comes to life. I'll be sure to bug it with the ID if I see it again.
  • Zyphora, stop snitching.

• Personally I thought it was hilarious. Was more of an oshi- moment; I alt-tabbed after that curtsey, tabbed back like a minute later to see a giant wall of text from it hammering away on me. Fortunately a single one doesn't hit that hard.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • (Gaudiguch): Rhi (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "The Mayor has announced a city free for all, hide your children."

(Gaudiguch): Rhi (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Prepare your brown pants and red shirts."

(Gaudiguch): Kistan (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "There is a uniform? I knew I was doing it wrong."

(Gaudiguch): Rhi (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "You're special Kisty, we understand if you put the pants on your head."

(Gaudiguch): Kistan (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Just my luck, they would be cursed."

(Gaudiguch): Rhi (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "It's the only way we can keep a pair on you."

(Gaudiguch): Kistan (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Tirah sorts out all my underwear needs now."

(Gaudiguch): Tirah (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Do not word it like that."

(Gaudiguch): Enadonella (from the Cosmic Plane of Vortex) says, "Tirah takes care of all Kistan's needs. Got it."

(Gaudiguch): Milune (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I will alert the Gossip with haste."
  • Tylwyth said:
    From events:
    Though Tylwyth, the Keeper of the Black Nest, appeared most interested in propositioning the working merians,

It was once guard guys, just one.....
    just flail around yelling 'False Memory', that seems to work for a lot of things
  • edited February 2017
    I actually love reading the comparisons between Hallifax CT and Gaudiguch CT. They couldn't be any more different.
    EDIT: This also extends to RP logs. I always love seeing the contrast.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    It's not just icediggers, I occasionally end up with devils from the larva in my inventory. Astral bulls also have been on prime for the same reason.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    She is a regal aslaran and looks similar to a slinky black panther. Her body is covered in silky black fur, her mane a riotous nest of curls and her eyes toxic green. At six feet tall, she has lithe and limber muscles for her arms that end in humanoid yet digitigrade hands, with the normal rough padding on paws on the underside. Her torso is streamlined, with soft curves for her chest and hips. Powerful thighs transition into powerful digitigrade legs that end in paws. From her hindquarters sprouts a long whippy tail. She is wearing a canvas backpack, a plain grey tunic, plain grey trousers, 2 coral rings etched with flowing swirls and a musical ring of jagged iron.

Digitigrade

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited February 2017
    I don't know, Shaddus, does it? :P

Edit: Or are we talking about the fact that the legs are being referred to as digitigrade instead of the paws feet?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Mostly the fingers part.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  •  (******)Aramel says, "Ladies."

no context needed. Interpret at will. 

• I assume the context is that someone was attacking the Ladies
  • Arix said:
    I assume the context is that someone was attacking the Ladies
    yeeeah, I just didn't read it like that first. Pictured the bar trope, Idk why. I know it wasn't just me >.>
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    meanwhile in serenwilde playing vengeance:

You are the High Wisdom of the Moon, who sees the true hearts of men reflected within her scrying
    pool and is tasked with distinguishing friend from foe.

I was highly amused in drawing that role :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    meanwhile in serenwilde playing vengeance:

You are the High Wisdom of the Moon, who sees the true hearts of men reflected within her scrying
    pool and is tasked with distinguishing friend from foe.

I was highly amused in drawing that role :)
    I got it the first time. I was like, what would Aeldra do? >:)@Aeldra
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • edited February 2017
    (Southern Comfort): Tremula (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Hey Brea."

(Southern Comfort): Tremula (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Want to hear a bad joke?"

(Southern Comfort): You say, "Always!"

(Southern Comfort): You say, "I love bad jokes."

(Southern Comfort): Tremula (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Are dogs considered polymammory because of their nipples?"

(Southern Comfort): You say, "Hehehehe."

(Southern Comfort): You say, "So once there was a rabbit who went to a restaurant and he ordered a cheese toasty. He ate that and then ordered a tomato toasty. He then dropped dead, croaking, Mixing my toastieeees!!!"

(Southern Comfort): You say, "If you know anything about animal diseases, that joke is really hilarious."

(Southern Comfort): Avurekhos says, "That's toasty, just like my polymammaries."

(Southern Comfort): You say, "..."

(Southern Comfort): Avurekhos says, "....aaaaaaaaah."

Edit:

(Southern Comfort): Avurekhos says, "The best part is that I actually have an extra one."

• (Southern Comfort): You say, "Title?"

(Southern Comfort): You say, "Did you guys see that shout?"

(Southern Comfort): Tremula says, "...is my shout bugged?"

(Southern Comfort): You say, "Heh yeah."

(Southern Comfort): Tremula says, "...what does it show up as?"

(Southern Comfort): You say, "Songbirds throughout the Basin raise their voice in harmony, echoing title's mellifluous voice as it melodically reverberates."

(Southern Comfort): Lavinya says, "Lol 'title's voice."

(Southern Comfort): Avurekhos (from the Aetherways) says, "Trem is entitled."
  • edited February 2017
    That's sounds nonsensical. Musically, harmoniously means all at once and melodiously means one after the other. Pick one.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Unless the harmony of the birds is accompanying the melodic voice of Title.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Tylwyth said:
    That's sounds nonsensical. Musically, harmoniously means all at once and melodiously means one after the other. Pick one.
    Melodious means having a pleasant tune, pleasant sounding. Harmony refers to the combination of simultaneously sounded musical notes to produce chords and chord progressions having a pleasing effect. The songbirds sing along to enhance the musical ability of the shouter's own voice, urged to do so by the power of the shout itself. It echoes due to sound carrying over large amounts of distance from multiple sources. What's nonsensical is an n-pack set of abs that are visible no matter the clothing you're wearing.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • [Updates]: A new changelog entry has been made. CHANGELOG 666 for more information.

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #666 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Ianir the Anomaly                   Date: 2017-02-12 02:52:20

o You may now only read 5 treasure maps at a time. This change is to
       prevent the lagspikes from individuals trying to read 20-150 maps at a
       time.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

A few minutes go by, then...

(The Crux): Steingrim (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Just because people keep asking. No I don't have 150 maps. I have 11."