QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Saz said:
    Hey @Maylea

Lendren Starfall, Crafter of Visions says, "Maybe if I try to dress up like Lady Maylea and pretend to be Her, that'll make Her so upset She'll come back and smite me, and then we'll have Her back. I mean, except me because I'll be smited, but everyone else will."
    Sounds like a solid plan 
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Jeremiah Gryphta, Purveyor of Curiosities and Reliquaries shouts, "You all bought out my crates so 
    I'm running low on inventory. Prices went up per ole supply and demand!"
  • You finish composing the help document.

Offices of the Gaudiguch Gossip. (Capital City of the Grand Province of Gaudiguch.)
    You may enter the NEWS from here.
    You see exits leading east (open door) and southeast (open door).

Melodic notes accompany a bard as she wanders in from the east, strumming her mandolin.

Brightly, you say, "My city leads the land in library works and stage shows - we are the Avechna's peak of culture! To Gaudiguch!"
    A wandering bard exclaims, "Yes, yes, take me to these fabulous stages. My performances must start so all may benefit from them!"
    A wandering bard begins to follow you.

Melodic notes accompany a bard as she wanders in from the east, strumming her mandolin.

Beaming, you say, "My city leads the land in library works and stage shows - we are the Avechna's peak of culture! To Gaudiguch!"
    A wandering bard exclaims, "Yes, yes, take me to these fabulous stages. My performances must start so all may benefit from them!"

THIS GOES ON FOR SOME TIME...

Giggling, you say, "Can I lead you to the stage and then to the library and then to Avechna's Peak and then to go have cake?"
    A wandering bard exclaims, "Breandryn, I am following you. You do know where we are going, right? It has been a long travel already and there are many waiting to see me grace the stage!"
    A wandering bard exclaims, "Breandryn, I am following you. You do know where we are going, right? It has been a long travel already and there are many waiting to see me grace the stage!"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Why...where are these bards coming from."

(Gaudiguch): Sumna says, "Rocks."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Rocks?"

(Gaudiguch): Letarne says, "I wanna rock."

(Gaudiguch): Letarne says, "That's why I'm a bard."

(still don't know why I got the bardvalanche)
  • edited March 2017
    Xypher tells you, "I am about to conduct a wondrous experiment if you wish to join me."

Softly, Xypher Stormcrow whispers, "Dearest...Sumna here will become one with my vision of stone quills, venom staining each."

You have emoted: Breandryn's eyebrows raise as she softly murmurs, "...So not a statue..." Her gaze shifts to Sumna and she gives her a worried stare. "That sounds like...many chances for things to go wrong."

Smiling brightly once more, you say, "But Xypher is the best at this and if anyone will transform you with the fewest chances of mutilation, pain and horrible mishap, it's him."

Beaming, you say to Sumna, "Your insides will likely stay inside and I doubt you'll get even close to truly insane!"

Sumna grimaces and steps quickly to the centre of the circle, tail whipping nervously behind her. "Xypher dear Lord please don't mess up. Please. I want to be able to live after this."

You have emoted: Breandryn happily recalls, "...Once, when he made my wings, I saw another version of myself and the whole room began to scream. But he's very wise! It was only madness and terror for a few moments and I don't think I lost any limbs." She smiles at Sumna, softly explaining, "I have some memory issues, though. From...actually, from that...so...!"

Sumna glances at you briefly, the colour draining from her face.

(Fire Hogwash): Sumna says, "Dear god what did I agree to."
  • It will be the Lusternia version of Sisyphus. Except instead of a rock it will be the wheel.
  • edited March 2017

Edit: Look there's even a tae'dae
  • edited March 2017
    Nothing funny, I just thought this was sweet :)

(Secret Flame): You say, "How are things going, Peachius? Any questions we can assist you with? You can speak here using CGT <words>."

(Secret Flame): Peachius says, "Ello there :) I am trying to get a quest from Finko in Newton Caverns. I don't know how to reply to him "yes" to his question: "You help Finko build clunkety?""

(Secret Flame): You say, "Try SAYing clunkety."

(Secret Flame): You say, "You may just be able to give him the items he wants. I believe they are...widgets? Cranks?"

(Secret Flame): You say, "Also try greeting him a few times to see if he offers a quest after that."

(Secret Flame): Peachius says, "I am going to discover it soon :) Saying clunkety didnt work but "say yes" worked. Thanks for the help Breandryn."

(Secret Flame): Peachius says, "First time playing a MUD so I did not even consider using the command "say" to reply."

(Secret Flame): Peachius says, "He needs chains which drop from gnomes. :)"

(Secret Flame): You say, "Nice!"

(Secret Flame): You say, "Feel free to ask us any other questions you have."

<talk with him a bit>

(Secret Flame): Peachius says, "Allright. :) I have to log out for now. Thank you again for the unexpected nice help. :)"

(Secret Flame): Peachius says, "Just saved the url in my browser."

(Secret Flame): Peachius says, "*waves with an smile and says* See you soon."

(Secret Flame): You say, "Take care!"

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    OOC on the collegium aether?  :s

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Best to tell em right away that that is bad, else it becomes a habit and harder to shake :/
  • I always thought the collegium aether should be OOC. It encourages them to ask questions and learn. Which is never bad
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited March 2017
    Danquik said:

(Secret Flame): Peachius says, "First time playing a MUD so I did not even consider using the command "say" to reply."

Rancoura said:

Tirah said:
    Rancoura said:
    Best to tell em right away that that is bad, else it becomes a habit and harder to shake :/

First time playing a mud.

Rather him ask OOC questions and learn, so he returns to a game with a tiny playerbase, and us know he has never played a mud before so next time we can encourage him to use tells and things than be snarky about someone using OOC on collegium.
    No need to be snarky, especially with newbies :) . If the player was privately taught a bit about RP/OOC, that was left out of the context of the quote (especially since the later messages were still OOC). One of the things that inspired me to stick with this game (which was my first MUD too, by the way) was the level of immersion -- I wouldn't want to give a brand new player the wrong impression about the depths this game reaches in regards to truly feeling like another world.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• You made good on your threat.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• After @Sumna had her fur turned into stone quills via fleshmagic:

Just Letarne, Nothing More says, "You're a...uh..purrquepine."

• Ianir said:
    I know self-quotes are a faux pas, but since envoys aren't allowed to quote envoys (I think)...

(Envoys): You say, "If anybody complains about this one, I'm going to drop the cloier on their head."

You create a disc of pure golden light, set a gaseous cloier on it, and send it to <redacted>. (Previous location: <redacted>)
    A gaseous cloier descends, resting on a golden disc of pure light.

A gaseous cloier rushes forward with surprising grace, smashing his scalding spines into Shuyin in a spray of blood.

A gaseous cloier lashes out with menacing tentacles, thousands of alien teeth ripping into Shuyin's flesh in a gory frenzy.
    Shuyin has been slain by a gaseous cloier.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Shuyin, he screams in agony as flames engulf his body and burn it to a crisp.
    The soul of Shuyin leaves to the ether, emanating an aura of immense power.

Hmmm, what does a cloier look like?
    *doesn't want once sent to him*
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Rather than a Weezing, I've always imagined it as a segmented pufferfish with tentacles. Angry, menacing pufferfish from outer space!
  • Hmm, it's description reminds me of those things Han Solo was transporting in TFA.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: