A Few Bits Of Feedback

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2013
    Eodh said:
    Yes, and Glomdoring seems to hate Serenwilde (accomplice) more than Magnagora (perpetrator).
    You're missing a key point here; you should read some events posts.  Xenthos once held a key event item hostage until the NPC agreed to bring up the branding to the Iron Council as something which needed rectification.  Glomdoring does not have any official treaty with Magnagora (and Xenthos has been very vocal about that being a key part of any such discussion).

So... not really.

Edit: On an OOC level there's nothing Magnagora can do about it until and unless the Admin plan an event, but both Serenwilde and Magnagora are equally culpable as far as Xen-the-character is concerned.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think what Eodh should do is -not- just join Glomdoring. He should walk around to other orgs and look around, find one that fits him with people who will work with him and train him. That may very well be Serenwilde again, or it may be Celest, or it might even be Glomdoring. But don't give up because you die a handful of times. It happens, it's GOING to happen, and all you can do is pick yourself back up and dust yourself off.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Just to get back to the original discussion a bit, there's a few things I want to say on it: Eodh, while I sympathize with the feeling of always being challenged by people you have no chance of beating, the fact is, you're not a novice.  You're on a higher level than me, and at some point in the week it took you to do that, someone should have mentioned that leaving Prime was dangerous.  I've known that since I started playing, and I often wonder why I don't get attacked more often(more than 'never' at least). 

Possibly that's due to the difference between Glom and Seren rp- but that's their choice, and I wouldn't hold grudges either way.  If someone has a justifiable reason to pk- and from what I understand, ANYTIME someone leaves Prime it's technically justifiable- then complaining when it happens is just silly.  Aetolia has always seemed far worse  than Lusternia for griefers, so I think if your experiences are really -that bad-, you should probably have asked someone how to avoid it.

No offense, and I'm not accusing you of whining either, as I do agree that it can be frustrating.  But really... pk between enemies is part of the game.  If you can't beat them, find something else to do. In the game, of course :)
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kethaera said:
    Just to get back to the original discussion a bit, there's a few things I want to say on it: Eodh, while I sympathize with the feeling of always being challenged by people you have no chance of beating, the fact is, you're not a novice.  You're on a higher level than me, and at some point in the week it took you to do that, someone should have mentioned that leaving Prime was dangerous.  I've known that since I started playing, and I often wonder why I don't get attacked more often(more than 'never' at least). 

Possibly that's due to the difference between Glom and Seren rp- but that's their choice, and I wouldn't hold grudges either way.  If someone has a justifiable reason to pk- and from what I understand, ANYTIME someone leaves Prime it's technically justifiable- then complaining when it happens is just silly.  Aetolia has always seemed far worse  than Lusternia for griefers, so I think if your experiences are really -that bad-, you should probably have asked someone how to avoid it.

No offense, and I'm not accusing you of whining either, as I do agree that it can be frustrating.  But really... pk between enemies is part of the game.  If you can't beat them, find something else to do. In the game, of course :)
    Well, we can always jump you a few times if you feel left out. Just say the word.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited September 2013
    What's the word? Arglefraster?

Yeah, the way pk protection works in Lusternia is screwy, and basically means that you're free pk with no caveats and no recourse outside of the specified areas. I think this is a bad way to handle pk mitigation, but not everyone agrees.

EDIT: No recourse except rampant escalation that will shut out many players, and tends to reduce enjoyment of the game for all but a few people.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited September 2013
    Kio said:
    False Memory, bro.
    That's why I said watch OOC and IC feelings. Because it's starting to sound like IC event + IC "make up whatever we want RP" = OOC justification for being a jerk. And that's not directed at you personally. But that's the impression I'm getting from this discussion.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited September 2013
    I haven't read through everything here, I just was amused by the irony of joining the org that killed you before so they'll stop messing with you ;)

Edit: Read through a little more, I wouldn't worry about the justification of why orgs hate/ally with others. Technically there's a reason for everybody to hate everybody else, alliances are more for convenience/pretty much forced to do it and the reasons for it come secondary.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Everiine said:
    Kio said:
    False Memory, bro.
    That's why I said watch OOC and IC feelings. Because it's starting to sound like IC event + IC "make up whatever we want RP" = OOC justification for being a jerk. And that's not directed at you personally. But that's the impression I'm getting from this discussion.
    Ah.  I try to watch for it, and I'm not afraid to ask if I'm in a weird RP spot.  I don't mind being considered a jerk to older folks, but the cute little nublets are somethin' else. *pinchcheeks*
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Everiine said:
    Kio said:
    False Memory, bro.
    It's like people who hold skewed perceptions of events because of their OOC disliking of an IC faction.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Everiine said:
    Kio said:
    False Memory, bro.
    I kind of feel like you are reading what you "expect" to read here, because that's not what's been said...
    Turnus said:
    I haven't read through everything here, I just was amused by the irony of joining the org that killed you before so they'll stop messing with you ;)

I kind of have to agree with this.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Turnus said:

I kind of have to agree with this.
    You'll note that I haven't actually replied on this point, but I guess I should now:
    This is an absolutely terrible idea.  Don't do it.

Join an org because you like it, not because it beat you up. :(
  • Elanorwen said:
    Well, we can always jump you a few times if you feel left out. Just say the word.
    That's your choice, Elanorwen.  I don't have any interest in pk, beyond the coding aspect of it... I'm just saying I recognize it's part of the game.  I'd rather you did whatever made sense, in-character, without worrying about hurting my player-feelings.  It's only a game, after all :)
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    And especially not deciding to jump someone based on OOC information on an OOC forum-thread...
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xenthos said:
    And especially not deciding to jump someone based on OOC information on an OOC forum-thread...
    There's this thing called a joke. A shocking concept, I know... but eh, whatever.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Xenthos said:
    Eodh said:
    Yes, and Glomdoring seems to hate Serenwilde (accomplice) more than Magnagora (perpetrator).
    You're missing a key point here; you should read some events posts.  Xenthos once held a key event item hostage until the NPC agreed to bring up the branding to the Iron Council as something which needed rectification.  Glomdoring does not have any official treaty with Magnagora (and Xenthos has been very vocal about that being a key part of any such discussion).

So... not really.

Edit: On an OOC level there's nothing Magnagora can do about it until and unless the Admin plan an event, but both Serenwilde and Magnagora are equally culpable as far as Xen-the-character is concerned.
    On an unrelated note, does the brand actually do anything?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Shows up in the description.

Also allows Magnagora to bring Fae to Nifilhema for power.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Erm, I thought bringing fae to Nifilhema was always a thing?

I also seem to remember Celest being able to bring them to Raziela for a time.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Its actually for feeding them to Gorgulu, not bringing them to Nifilhema.

I don't think it always generated power, just instead created new thralls.

Ever since the tainting of the Fae and the Super-Gorgulu its given power I believe.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Wait, so branding  Maeve allows Mag to bring them to Nihilhema instead of Gorgulu?
    No no no no.

You get the shackles from Nifilhema and bring them to Gorgulu.

Mistakenly said you bring them to Nifilhema.
    Those are completely different events, btw.
    Also, afaik, you could always convert fae. Just like Celest can convert via Raziela, and the new cities can do on their cosmic planes too. Raziela had a bracelet for a while that made her unable to convert them, but that got removed in the pre-Branding stage. At that point Celest dropped the matter and Mag went full steam ahead.

The tainted fae event basically let you feed Avatars to Gorgulu for oodles of power, and if he gets all 3 Moon ones he goes nuts and all of Faethorn gets tainted.
    Wasn't the Tainted Fae event way at the beginning, while the second event that eventually led to Maeve's branding, a totally separate event that just happened to coincide with the last time the forests tried the hai'Gloh? (I thought I remembered reading that the two weren't expected to happen at the same time, it just happened that way).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• I read about that event. It was a little surreal reading about Munsia... I rather got the impression that if they managed to feed the moon avatars to Gorgolu again, Luciphage would bitchslap them SO HARD. Not sure about the Night Avatars, though.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Uh... you sound a bit confused there.

The tainted fae event was indeed way back at the beginning of time, but the event that led to Maeve's branding did not "coincide" with the forests trying hai'Gloh, it happened 100% *because* Serenwilde refused to participate any more in it. The entire point of hai'Gloh was to protect Faethorn from the predations of the Cosmic realms... I mean, on an OOC level we were going to lose that one (cities only needed to win once), but really should not have happened the way it did.
    Shaddus said:

Xenthos said:

Eodh said:

So... not really.

On an unrelated note, does the brand actually do anything?

She also has an occasional room-emote, I believe. But just looking at her, she is continuously bleeding. On an IC level it is a pretty Big Deal. OOCly, no other mechanics things that I know of.

edited September 2013
    I'm fairly certain that the events coincided by chance, since the hai'Gloh/Xion stuff had been out for a while:

1) Cities and communes, after a couple hai'Glohs, decide that neither should be done again (this was after the first few times they were done).
    2) Cities and communes, of course, plan in secret to ambush the other and perform the rites anyway.
    3) Meanwhile, second Nil event is going on, also in secret.
    4) Glomdoring acquires nut for hai'Gloh, forests scramble forces, take down Demon Lords, Serenwilde bails before getting to Celestia.
    5) Cities launch Xion, which they were planning to do anyway.
    6) At the launch of Xion, second Nil event also comes to fruition.
    7) It was the second event that branded Maeve.

No. The branding part was only feasible when XI was initiated. That was Magnagora's incentive for participating in freeing Raziela from her binding, that they would get to do something else.

I think the part you are confused about is that giving three Moon Avatars to Gorgulu triggered the tainted fae thing again and they had to do some tweaks to that. That was the "unintended" aspect.

The branding and oodles of power Mag got were their reward for the XI / HG fight.
    I mean seriously, players only even got the HG because we spied on a meeting where Celest was talking to Mag and Nifilhema was already plotting this stuff. :p. We beseeched Maeve for a counter and got HG, which was Faethorn's shield. When the shield fell... well...