Cards Against Humanity

TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
edited October 2013 in The Real World
http://pyz.socialgamer.net/game.jsp

Following the success of playing this during the downtime - we're playing again! You're looking for Tacita's game, and the password is NMBG. Yes, this is an awful subliminal message.

Come join us!* :)

*In the CAH game, that is. Not in Glom. But you can also do that if you wish >.>

Comments

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    This is still up but has become Zilias's Game because my internet hates me.
  • That is an awful, awful game. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    And yet you won, twice.

Tells you everything you ever needed to know about yourself.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Did Mysrai start a game? Because I see her name, but I don't know the password :(
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Morkarion said:
    And yet you won, twice.

Tells you everything you ever needed to know about yourself.
     Hey, I was an innocent before I played it. :(
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Parua said:
    Did Mysrai start a game? Because I see her name, but I don't know the password :(
    Yes. "haremysrai"
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Parua said:
    Did Mysrai start a game? Because I see her name, but I don't know the password :(
    Do you use facebook at all? Lately we have been broadcasting the room password in the lusternia group for anyone that wants to play through there.

Head on over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/125290434204281/?fref=ts and join the group if you are not already part of it :)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • But facebook is the devil. Did you know that there was a study by Cambridge, and they have an algorithm that can tell your race 95% of the time by your likes, and tell a gay person from a straight one 88% of the time? Also between democrat or republican for Americans.

• Marcella said:
    But facebook is the devil. Did you know that there was a study by Cambridge, and they have an algorithm that can tell your race 95% of the time by your likes, and tell a gay person from a straight one 88% of the time? Also between democrat or republican for Americans.

Worse is strangers being able to figure out where you are, or employers being able to find out your political or religious views... or sexuality and race, come to think of it. Facebook is awful.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    So, like... Google search algorithms. Do you think the big G doesn't already know all of those things about you, and couldn't (if they felt like it) pin it to your name anyways?
  • But Google has it in their company policy to not be evil. Facebook, however, is run by a guy who put spyware on people's computers when he was starting out to get money.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    The worst thing about Facebook is the degree to which it has become 'necessary' - it's what all of my friends use to communicate. If I didn't use it, it'd be much harder to keep in touch.

Anyway - there's a CAH game up again! Tacita's Game, password NMBG, which according to Mysrai actually means 'Nothing Matters but Gods'. :)
  • Nothing Matters But Gummybears.
  • Marcella said:
    But Google has it in their company policy to not be evil. Facebook, however, is run by a guy who put spyware on people's computers when he was starting out to get money.
    I will never trust Google's motives.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited October 2013
    I had to sign out because I was going to burst into laughter during lecture, and my prof would kill me.

Edit: Also, as far as company slogans/mottos/policies go: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Better_Off_Ted  look at the commercials for each episode :D
  • Marcella said:
    But Google has it in their company policy to not be evil. Facebook, however, is run by a guy who put spyware on people's computers when he was starting out to get money.
    I really wanted to believe Google kept up that policy for a long time, but they sin against it and they know it. No big company is that virtuous. Though looking at the IT giants, none of them are truly evil either. People will be happy to bash them, but Apple has a policy of doing what it thinks best (following in Jobs footsteps) and Microsoft also tries to please users in its own way. Thing is that every big company eventually caves and does things to stay ahead, it just has to make sure it does more good than bad, or that the price of it is worth paying. And some things are done because a majority of users expects instant attention for everything and has grown accustomed to getting that catered to. Enter low-wage country call centres and the fight is on. And that then brings a whole new can of worms regarding jobs and pay which I'll refrain from opening.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I, for one, welcome our new corporate overlords.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited October 2013
    It's just one of those things.

You can always point out one example of technology infringing on privacy, but for every instance you notice or can do anything about, there are countless instances you don't know about or can't reasonably do anything about, without basically cutting off your nose to yadda yadda. As technology progresses (especially information technology), we're likely to see increasing personalization and integration with our lives... at the inevitable loss of privacy.  We can only hope (and push for) a more equal transparency, so that the relatively few folks with bad intentions are just as naked as everyone else, with no place to hide. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Do what plenty of others do - make an account in your character's name, share nothing personal, still get the fun of the Lusternia group,win.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lavinya said:
    Do what plenty of others do - make an account in your character's name, share nothing personal, still get the fun of the Lusternia group,win.
    Till someone reports it for being a fake account.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Morkarion said:
    Lavinya said:
    Till someone reports it for being a fake account.
    I know multiple people with real accounts using their real names and information that got tagged as 'fake,' where they had to send in either a picture of birth certificate or form of ID.

If you don't want someone to know something, you should not put it on the internet. Anywhere.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Are these only going to be totally spontaneous, or can we plan one for tomorrow at some certain time?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Lavinya said:
    FB's terms of service state that fake accounts aren't allowed, period. I don't think it is a good idea to encourage people to do something that goes against that. It's like telling people that it is ok to afk bash on Lusternia as long as nobody notices.

Btw, I don't fully like FB's policy on fake accounts, but it is there for good reasons. Think of cases where people make fake accounts to hit on someone and then slowly drain them of their money. Or impersonate others as a form of cyberbullying. It's a fine line and if you allow fictional accounts, those become allowed too.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited October 2013
    https://www.facebook.com/lovely.charites?fref=ts

I was giving a solution for the people complaining about not being able to see what goes on in the Lusternia group because they don't want to have a facebook account because secrecy. Easy tiger. I'm not pushing internet rule breaking like some back alley drug pusher (and certainly not Lusternia rule breaking, how is that relevant again?). Just saying it's what some people do who like their privacy but also want to join in with social media.

Though now you mention it, it all makes sense - the Charites are really a secret cyber bullying organisation, bathing in the tears of thwarted trademasters. (And cackling madly, almost guaranteed). I'm sure that's why they made their facebook account, too.

Along the way, I think I've ginned up, oh, fifteen or so facebook accounts in the past for various things.  Sometimes for those stupid Zynga games where I need my "friends" to send me fifteen platypus intestines or the like, other times for play by post rpgs on facebook and the like.  If the almighty Facebook masters wanna get rid of the account, meh, what do I care.  I'm helping their stock by ballooning their numbers!
  • FB has privacy settings for a reason, you can lock down your profile pretty hard and still be in a group, and if you accept people into your friend list you can sort them into lists that you restrict as you wish. Refer to guides like http://lifehacker.com/5813990/the-always-up+to+date-guide-to-managing-your-facebook-privacy on how to do that.I think it is best that people are aware this may happen to avoid nasty surprises, which was my point to begin with. No need for defensiveness or snide remarks.
    To get this back on topic, I'm throwing up a game.  Tarkenton's game, password is...swordfish

Points to those that get the reference.
  • I wish those points were transferable to the game :( Although I have to sit this one out, sadly.
    Double-sadly, no one showed and it's class time.  Oh well, will try again!  Maybe I should create a fake account for the Lusternia group... :D
  • Started a game, password is NMBG - come join!