m&mf

edited October 2017 in Mechanic's Corner
Hi all

As mentioned previously, m&m is now available in open-source, free, and community-supported form! See http://m-mf.github.io/m-mf/.

Rename

Originally planned to be called m&m 2, it is now named m&mf (m&mf free version). This is to make it easier to distinguish from the original m&mf, and as the feature set is exactly the same, the 2 wasn't really justified as there are no massive updates.

Downloading

You can download the latest system from here! Just pick which class you'd like to run with and you're set. Note that extensive QA has not been done on this initial release, so treat it with caution and experiment with on a new profile. All systems include all class and general addons, and the experimental allclasses system is included, if you'd like to have everything in one.

Support

Join the m&mf clan in-game for help!

Contributing

If you'd like to contribute to the system or maintain it, have established your trustworthiness as an Lusternian, know m&mf and its code, please apply to join the m&mf organisation. 

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Can we get an Admin to Pin this post, possibly?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Hooraay. Forked. Starred. Watching.

So you guys are doing external lua files and loading it as modules at startup when logging into the game via client?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Thanks Vadi!
  • Edenwe said:
    Hooraay. Forked. Starred. Watching.

So you guys are doing external lua files and loading it as modules at startup when logging into the game via client?
    Okay! Make some changes, because nothing much will happen otherwise.

There's one module that's loaded as an external file, yes.
  • Where can I still donate to Vadi for this if I feel like it, because I feel like Vadi deserves it, is amazing for Lusternia, and maybe definitely deserves it?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    For some reason, any time I use this, it checks AB  HERBS every time I log in. Said character can't even be an herbalist. Any way to turn off the harvester plugin?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited September 2015
    delete it. S'what I did. (triggers, scripts and aliases, don't try to uninstall it via package manager)
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think it's because the herbing addon is now included, so it checks for herbs

That may be something to change

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited September 2015
    Yeah that's the harvester checking what herbs are you able to harvest.

This should be changed to use GMCP skills detection, then you won't see anything if you don't have the skill. Or a trigger added that gags the message saying you don't have herbs skillset.

File the problem at https://github.com/m-mf/m-mf/issues and get someone to fix it!
  • Who do I prod to join the support clan?
  • edited September 2015
    1. Open the command-line and navigate to the m&mf folder, and run:

On Ubuntu: ./generate.lua -o <your class>

In Windows: generate.lua -o <your class>

On OSX: lua5.1 generate.lua -o <your class>

what does this mean? what am i supposed to do?

is dead like the dodo
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    ..exactly what it says

Open a command line and run that command, it'll generate a package for your class. You only really need this is you're editting code and stuff, so if you just want the system, just DL the zip package of the class you want, or the Allclass system

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • https://github.com/m-mf/m-mf/releases/tag/2

Small step for m&mf, big step for the mankind! Or something like that. An update to the hh alias improves it to toggle through health, mana, and ego now - thanks @siddister!

If you're interested on working on m&mf - doing releases, doing feature planning, or guiding the project - please apply!

• I would at some point in the future like to add offensive highlighting and echos. But I'm not clear on how to apply.
  • Is there any way to exempt certain afflictions from curing?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    mmignore affname
  • So I want to raise/work on incorporating wonderwands into m&m, do I raise this as an issue?

I mostly just want a config for the wand level and then if it's above that it can sub in deathsight and weathershield for def up.
  • You can raise an issue if you'd like.
  • edited September 2015

Xeria said:
    1. Open the command-line and navigate to the m&mf folder, and run:

On Ubuntu: ./generate.lua -o <your class>

In Windows: generate.lua -o <your class>

On OSX: lua5.1 generate.lua -o <your class>

what does this mean? what am i supposed to do?

If you're using Windows. Go to files and click command line when you go into the folder that contains the generate.lua file.

Afterwards enter generate.lua -o yourclassname. You'll know you're in the right place when the command prompt displays the address of your folder.

How are we supposed to fix this problem where the system tries to constantly cure bruising?
  • You can make a temporary trigger on this line:

You are not bruised, my friend.

to do:

mm.valid.clot2()

It's a hotfix that's likely to break once bruising is actually in the game and you're getting afflicted by it. But it'll pass muster for a temp fix.

• Common stuff I've seen a lot of people who installed m-mf via installModule to sync the xml scripts with the Module Manager...

System seems to try to use the default stance before allowing the user to log into the game.

Herb skill check has a similar occurrence (though I think this is a more easy fix). 

Users seem content with turning off their triggers in order to type in their login information and then turning it back on after they log on. However, I'm really curious about why it behaves this way when packaging the files via command line and installing the system through the package manager via zip file does not seem to make the system behave that way (or at least the attempt to go into default stance before log in). Is there a check for whether or not the player is logged into the game for the default stance? I think there is, but something needs to be added or looked at for those who are installing the system via module manager. I'll try to find an opportunity to dig into it later, but I'm curious to know if anyone has discovered the root cause and has already fixed it
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The Meldtracker module flat doesn't work, and I've been trying to work out how to fix it. I've come up totally mystified, partially because I don't understand how Mudlet deals with external script files and can't find any documentation. It looks to me like the mm.meldtracker file and its contents are just... never used or called by Mudlet, which is why the module as a whole flops, but have no idea if there is a typo within somewhere or if it's something I've done to bork it.
  • I have it working. It just doesn't unhighlight the rooms when you dissolve.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I got it to work, by pasting the contents of mm.meldtracker.lua into a script in Mudlet.
  • Allehnon said:
    I have it working. It just doesn't unhighlight the rooms when you dissolve.
    Probably need to add a trigger for the meld up.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I wonder, would anybody be willing to briefly explain me how best to switch from m&m to m&mf ? I sadly couldn't find anything explaining how to do it and am little afraid of loosing / having to redo all settings.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited October 2015
    Nothing will be lost. Can confirm such, having done so on 3 different characters. All settings will transfer fluidly, as both systems use the same namespace, and call all the same scripts. Really the only difference is the acquisition/name of the system. Just uninstall m&m, install m&mf, restart Mudlet and you're good to go.