m&mf

Comments

• It's... not really working. It's got curing, but it's neither putting up nor keeping up the vast majority of my defenses. It only attempted to do the whole thing once- DURING the login, so it kept wondering why things weren't coming up. I had to turn off all reflexes until I was logged in, and afterward, nothing happened when I looked at DEF. And the Aquamancer package apparently includes lowmagic in it? Weird.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I have the bought-and-paid-for version of m&m, but I'm curious if the influencer and such in the new version is compatible with the old.  If so, is it possible to just download that one section of lua?  Forgive me, I'm not familiar with Github.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Tridemon said:
    It's... not really working. It's got curing, but it's neither putting up nor keeping up the vast majority of my defenses. It only attempted to do the whole thing once- DURING the login, so it kept wondering why things weren't coming up. I had to turn off all reflexes until I was logged in, and afterward, nothing happened when I looked at DEF. And the Aquamancer package apparently includes lowmagic in it? Weird.
    they all come with both high and low magic, since most classes can pick one or the other. Just make sure you have tipheret and gedulah configured.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I do kind of have the defs on login problem as well, I wonder if that's a mudlet 2.1 thing? Also, as a workaround, can one force m&m to start in empty defmode? haven't found anything on the docs.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    As in you don't put up any defense when you log in? That's default, actually. You set up defense modes, which if done a certain way will prompt m&m to set things up on login. Mine puts up no defenses until I tell it to.
    @Celina I would be thankful for specifics. Currently, all the stuff I configured goes into the 'basic' defence mode, is that somehow a special one?

since my switch to m&mf, as soon as the lusternia login screen appears, m&m starts sending defup lines. I would really like for it to defup nothing till I type in mmdefs.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    @Aeldra - it's a known error, but it hasn't been fixed yet. To work-around it, you can just start m&m paused by throwing in the pause function somewhere in a script to autopause it when you load the profile. I don't know the exact function off hand because I'm at work and not at home, but I can get it for you later.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    @Synkarin I would appreciate that. I usually can type 'pp' very quickly, but spamming the login screen still is ugly. Pausing m&m when the profile is loaded would be an acceptable workaround, thank you.
  • m&m system loaded

Is the event you want to trigger off. Or you can use:

sysLoadEvent

Which will pause the second the profile is loaded, rather than when m&m is loaded. Either should work in the way you wanted it to.
  • The system puts up basic keepup defences at login, because you start in the basic defences mode. If you don't want it to put anything up, don't have defences up on basic keepup (or turn keepup off).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What Vadi said.

Personally, I'd remove all defs from Basic besides stuff like thirdeye and insomnia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Just an FYI, they weren't talking about defences trying to be put up on login... They were referring to defences being put up /before/ you login... As in, when you go to enter your username/password.
    You can do "mmdefs combat" to put you in a different defense mode. From there you can set up your mmkeeps and one time defenses.

For me it's all or nothing. Defenses are cheap enough that I don't often see a reason to not put them all up. 
    You can also add as many defmodes as you want

I know some people who classflex have defups depending on class

I personally just change my defup/keepup based on what classes are active

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited October 2015
    Is the problem. Except some profiles do it with a bunch of defences as well, not just stance/grip/parry.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I've never experienced that issue, personally. On the latest mmf build too. How interesting. However, I maintain a separate profile for each character I have that auto logs in. That may be the difference.
    @Tarkenton I only have that one Character and I still have the issue.

I wonder if there's some leftover from m&m that's causing m&mf to go that route.
  • That would be a bug, it shouldn't be doing anything before you login.
    After playing with things last night, it seems like it's the basic defense mode, specifically mmkeep under the basic mode, that's causing this. Simple work around is to type mmshow, create a new defense mode, and have your keepup and defup in there. Then empty the basic defense/keepup mode.
    Ah, that would explain it. I don't have that issue either but I don't use basic defense mode for anything. 
  • I would appreciate it if someone could answer or at least acknowledge my question? If no one knows the answer, that's fine, I'm just curious if anyone even noticed it!
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
    No clue.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Why would you want to do that? Just get all of M&MF and switch to it, M&M no longer has any support and will not be updated in future. Warrior changes are incoming quickly, rendering a huge swath of M&M useless, so there isn't any point in clinging to it. But yes. They should be comparable, the scripting hasn't changed.
  • edited October 2015
    Bork bork. Ignore me. I don't know what I'm talking about.
    --------
    --------
    As far as I can tell, all of the code is exactly the same, except M&M is out of date slightly.

m&mf IS m&m, the only actual differences are the two really minor updates to m&mf that changed two minor things. Otherwise, it's the exact same system. 

There's no reason not to switch. It's the same system with all the add-ons. It literally does you no good to hang on to the older version.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited October 2015
    Bork bork.  Not relevant to actual technical questions and misunderstanding! 
    --------
    --------
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    About the influencing system, is it supposed to hide the spam from you? It wouldn't work during the revolt the other day when I tried to village geomycus, and when I tried to test it today on guards, it does one at a time (even when trying to do the 'influence all <x> in a room' alias) and hides it. Any ideas?

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I get it, I do, I recently got upset at Verizon Fios for the same thing, less than a week after I upgraded my cable, they came out with a better deal that included premium movie channels for the first year and wouldn't give them to me. I get it.

It doesn't matter, you're expecting people to help you get around your own stubborness rather than just doing the simple thing you'll have to do eventually anyway and just make the switch

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    As sticking around with M&M neither returns your credits/money to you or provides you any extra 'value' for the purchase, besides not having an 'f' at the end of M&M at startup.