On Roleplaying Griefing

1235»

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited October 2015
    Death to the infidels. 

edit: Mag negotiates. I will say they don't have the best track record of keeping their members in check while negotiating, but that's not always a simple thing to do. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Silv was always up front with us, from what I saw. I imagine Thalk will end up the same way, really. Seems like the sort.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Magnagora often likes to elect / give power to very headstrong and brash individuals who have no interest whatsoever in diplomacy. It is appealing to a segment of the population.

However, it is silly to say that Magnagora as a whole refuses to negotiate. Certain Warlords have been much more flexible (and I would say far-sighted), with a desire to increase Magnagora's long-term position. Some of these people have had very strong headwinds to their efforts (people not interested in negotiating back, the preceding Warlord making a huge mess of things, or miscommunications eroding any possible progress). This has been hashed out in great length on the forums... so it should be well known by now that Magnagora is not uniformly against diplomacy.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Hit me up. We all know things get done unofficially before they're official anyways :d
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Salome I'm shipping your husband and Thalkros.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tarkenton said:
    Hit me up. We all know things get done unofficially before they're official anyways :d

• No. Just no. @Tremula. D:
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • edited October 2015
    Thalkros said:

I am pretty straight forward with p much everybody, except Celest because it's Celest and who even WANTS to be nice to those guys.

Part of me DID want to try and salvage the burnt out husk of a set of remains that was Mag/Glom, but then I also kinda sorta don't want to touch that with a 10 foot pole because I'm about 112% positive I'll have to shove Arcanis out of an airlock.

Ok on second thought maybe I SHOULD talk to Glom...

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130414104309/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/1/1d/Lol_patrick_i_thought_what_we_had_was_special_gif_quote.gif
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Something's special.
  • Celina said:
    Something's special.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Someone grab Arcanis a helmet and crayons while we hammer out this treaty.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Zvoltz said:
    Portius said:
    since the admin don't really have a rubric
    Actually, I do use a rubric when I score prestige submissions!

As someone who reads (or at least skims) almost every book published by any library, I haven't really seen very many books that are "low effort". Everyone is definitely at a different point in their writing skills, but it's very rare to see a book where I've thought "wow, someone just wrote a bunch of crap for an inflated word count."

As someone who also has the opportunity to see how many different players interact by being able to run (and observe) RP events, there's no "PKer" player that I've ever thought has lacked RP. I get that, being a "non-com" myself, it can be frustrating to engage in something where you have no hope of winning or feel that the skillset is unobtainable. However, almost everything in Lusternia is built around conflict, whether its RP or PK. Even when I was building the role of Zvoltz, a lot of the discussion with Estarra revolved around how the character could create conflicts for players to engage in. I think this gives me a unique perspective to see how players engage in conflict, either through PK or "RP", and I've rarely been disappointed in either case.
    I appreciate that you have taken an Admin role and are actually playing fair when you engage with players.  It is incredibly refreshing and a bit of a shock, Zvoltz. 

I disagree. I can point to a recent very short work as well as a play that fits the criteria as "low effort" by individuals who both know better.  

Also I have had a discussion with more than one librarian about techniques I myself and others have employed to inflate a text for word count in ages past. I have seen the same technique I utilized, used again as recently as this summer, by someone other than myself in an admin approved book. 

Not everyone plays as fair as you appear to do is my point. 

• Thalkros said:
    The problem is that Magnagora just isn't interested in negotiating treaties and doesn't particularly care to obey the few that do get negotiated.

Yeah there's some bs there, I made an attempt not long after becoming WL to try and patch things up with Seren. Avurekhos said they'd discuss it, never got back to me, talked to other members of the Moonhart Circle and was told that 'they didn't really have a say in much it was only 2-3 people who really made the calls in Serenwilde'. Then Seren promptly jumped on the carrying celest bandwagon up until the point of, what.. 3 wildenodes back when Ryboi, Jaamil, and (I guess Enyalida) asked us to help them try to beat Glom, yet they didn't/weren't able to pass that tidbit of knowledge to their fighters so it turned into a lawlfest.

Don't even get me started on current alliances that contain instances of 'Help me fight my enemy that my one ally is an ally of and won't help me fight even though they are allied to both of us and pick and choose based on a coin flip for the day'. Diplomacy died a long time ago and Magnagora didn't fully kill it,  it happened somewhere around the time a Divine started mandating that members of their org not do shit all for their allies yet that org still expects and graciously accepts all help given to them. Also yes @Silvanus, that lols 'hey let's break up and be neutral to split Equinox' and then two days later two of the 3 reform the alliance and shaft the one that brought the most muscle to a fight.

Actually that tidbit is incorrect, I don't believe you asked around, but your pawn Enadonella sent a tell offering a hand, but that would require Seren to attack Celest, and I wasn't going to go with that all, but was more than welcome to accost Glomdoring if she wanted to offer a hand knowing that meant the other two would jump in on killing Mags for attempting to kill the Gloms. Regardless of how it will be put, we didn't ask for your help, we are only guilty of accepting the hand, but not at the cost of attacking our allies.
    Deciding to teach Arcanis the ultimate lesson in manners, you point a finger imperiously at him and
    call the curse of the toad down upon his head. You watch in satisfaction as warts break out over his
    skin which then turns green and slimy. Finally, he shrinks and transforms into a large, ugly toad!
    With a telepathic sigh, a pooka tells you that he has lost control of Arcanis's actions.

In order to put the pathetic life of a warty toad out of its misery, you lift a foot and bring it
    down mightily on its bloated green body.
    A warty toad's back breaks under the weight of a heavy foot, its innards spilling out and leaving a
    messy stain on the ground.
    You have slain a warty toad.
    A warty toad wobbles about uncertainly and turns a pale shade of green before suddenly stretching
    and transforming into a demigod. Shaking his head, Arcanis stands before you where once there was a
    toad, looking slightly disoriented and perplexed with his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pooka.
    Arcanis drops a stalk of faeleaf.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Arcanis, he screams in agony as flames engulf his
    body and burn it to a crisp.
    You tell Lord Fist Arcanis De'Unnero, Chosen of Wrath, "By the by, let that be a lesson in manners.
    I don't need friends to kill some of you one on one."
  • Yeah, because the alliances currently arent as messed up as can be, let's make them moreso by making other sideline alliances of special circumstances with orgs. That should clear shit up right quick...
  • I find this thread amusing. Mainly because the people complaining have done far worse things and are far from innocent. The thread should have been called 'Magnagora sucks, can we stop them doing things which annoy us?'. Nobody believes for one second any of you are innocent, so stop whinging.
    I'm innocent and I'm not whinging.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited November 2015
    Stop disagreeing with my posts @Tremula. You whinge five times as much as anyone else and cause ten times as much drama as anyone in game. It's why you left before we could kick you out, just because you lost an election to a shrubbery.

You didn't lose an election to a shrubbery because of roleplay griefing, you lost it because you're you. The only 'griefing' came from you afterwards because we wouldn't bother with your rubbish any more.
  • I don't think anyone missed the point of this thread more than Ventidius.

It's hard to pick between liking Celina's post because I agree with it, and disagreeing with it for ironic purposes.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I picked "like," personally.
  • Celina said:
    Stop disagreeing with his posts, Maligorn.
    Don't you have trade routes to connect to your settlements? :p