One with Nature/Enhanced Regeneration

13»

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    But if it's all op, then no one's op! /s
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I don't think that my suggested Elfen power really has an impact on combat at all. The Lobo idea does, but it's only marginally better than scrying and pathing to a target in most situations. It might warrant having a cooldown to make it more fair, or a smaller radius of effect. 
  • Some ideas to toss out:

1)Duplicate Mugwump demi and demi+ abilities but for ego.

2)Demi: 1% dodge (5% for denizens) Demi+: 2% dodge (10% for denizens) like a rune of absorbtion.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
    Ack dodge, another really frustrating and bad mechanic. At such low percentages, it would be a non-factor... except for the very rare times that it decides to utterly screw a kill setup just... because. The systematic removal of dodge mechanics was a good move, adding back in more true dodge (in Aeonics) was a bad one. 

The only forest abilities that use ego are music and ecology, and both are very minor costs. There are some big-cost mana abilities, including clotting, that give the uber-magiccrown effect teeth. I'm not sure there are enough ego costs to make that any better than a <3% ego regen per ten seconds (just adding ego to the regen). 
  • No to dodge. It's such a bad mechanic in a binary affliction system like Lusternia. The mystic pathways idea is interesting, since it won't have such a combat effect, but still very useful in terms of utility.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    For lobo, you can add on SCENT as a demigod ability if you want. You can also make it so that if you have other means to scent (eg. arti, the totems skill), it bypasses skunk to an extent (up to you how much. Eg. It can totally bypass it OR just bypass it enough to give a hazy scent clue that someone is in the area still).
  • I frankly wouldnt mind if Lobo was just all redone. It just doesnt feel at all that...Loboish.

If their regen theme is to be kept, then I would suggest a Demi+ ability akin to vitality that significantly boosts their Regen when they hit a certain health %. Something like (50% of total health / 4) every 3 seconds for 12 seconds. Let us say the individual had 6000 health (which is pretty normal), so they would regen 750 health every 3 seconds for up to 12 seconds, to reach a total of 3000 health. Let's say hypothetically that this regen was hit at 20% health. Wouldnt seem too bad, and could save them in certain jams.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    At this stage in the overhaul, outright tanking buffs are not that appealing. As a kephera, my damage mitigation is situationally useful for bashing and all but useless for pk. I never die to damage, it's always timed insta or warriors or some form of setup. It's also why warriors are so valuable right now, even before melders so apparently it's a frosty day in hell. For my own purposes, it's the free splendors so I can take one/two other trades for convenience/pentangle and hexangle.

So I don't see any real value in it for lobos once they hit demigod. I don't think it brings value to the race. 

• I dont think it would be too OP to give Lobos a Sprint perk. It rather fits with their Race thematically...far more then their current level 50 influence bonus.

Also im not sure why they receive a resistance to fire....technically being covered with fur should make being alight more of an issue, not less.

- I'd suggest replacing their level 25 with weather retardant: Their natural habits in the wild has built up an endurance to the weather, giving them a 20% reduction to weather effects.

- Replace their level 50 with Sprint. If the user has sprint, then the Lobo will gain the benefit of being able to walk more rooms before receiving the 'too hasty' message.

- For demi, it seems the concept of Regen is just in a bad place right now and unappealing, so at this point, I am not sure.

edited November 2015

Again, the purpose of this thread was always to address one with nature and enhanced regeneration, the demigod powers of the Elfen, Faeling, and Loboshigaru races. The report that is up is looking specifically to address regeneration demigod powers. Therefore, I am not replacing any level 25 or 50 power. 

Right now, a demigod power that allows Loboshigarus to partially or completely bypass skunk (and potentially other hiding effects like void), and my own idea to give a speedwalking/tracking ability are the two solid ideas I've heard. I'm pretty sure that 'regen' outside of the regen system is a no go for a variety of reasons, and I agree with @Celina that it would have to be rather OP to be of value. 

EDIT: In other words, you're welcome to post ideas for replacing other racial perks in another thread (or this one), but I'm not going to engage with off topic suggestions. 
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I love the elfen regen, though. :( It's far too much, but, a lower amount (3?) along with another bonus would be good IMO. I'm just struggling to come up something that's not too powerful to go alongside regen, but is still actually useful. I would suggest Empathy, but there are hardly any animals worth influencing, so I don't think that's good enough. Weather protection? Animal-only tracking? Ability to summon animals to do your house-chores?

Much likes.
    Is it going to be a -1/13 to health or health regen?

• Health regen, apologies if that was unclear.
    I'm just pedantic.

Not sure it needed to be nerfed quite so heavily tho. I mean, the penalty to mana and ego regen was horrid, but I had enough health regen to not care about that part, and enough places to hunt where it doesn't affect me. Would have been ok with a -2 to health, -1 to mana and ego.

It just feels like most conflict quests are either way too easy too keep up, or have so little impact it's not actually worth bothering.

• edited December 2015
    The issues regarding the spire are numerous, but with the change to how regen value per level is going to work, your proposed -2/-1/-1 could be a loss of 6%/3%/3% to someone, while 2%/1%/1% to another.

This may not be the last time the spire is dealt with in terms of the mechanics, but as this job was handling all forms of regeneration and regeneration penalties, it fell under that blanket to deal with in the fairest way.

As is, keeping a small flavour penalty that goes in line with the small flavour gain that spire will now grant living people while active grants it little influence in combat balance. No group should have such a significant edge over another for so little upkeep, consequently no one should be forced to deal with a debilitating malus that requires excessively more work to keep down than it does to raise.

Conflict quests that are easy, should have minimal impact, that's how risk/reward works.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Hello,

I kind of see how the regeneration thing 'addresses' the issue those three races have, still I feel rather sad that the fix was a 'regeneration nerf'. Personally, I think, regeneration is something you hardly ever notice, at least I don't. Sure, it may give you a few side points on the row, but it's not something that makes you feel 'oh, I got this, so nice', nor something that will be a 'ooh' effect when you get it. I had hoped for something more creative to replace it for all three races. Flavor over function.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Could make regeneration ticks have a toggle for message ticks, with the message indicating how much you regenerated for. 1-6% says "You feel your strength slowly returning." 7-13% says "You feel your muscles knit together." and 14% to whatever the new max is says "You feel vitality coursing through your veins." or whatever makes it flavourful and noticeable.

@lerad that would make it a little more interesting maybe. Still regeneration is something you get from so many sources.

Maybe messages specific to the different classes abilities would do the trick for me personally.

• Aeldra said:
    Hello,

I kind of see how the regeneration thing 'addresses' the issue those three races have, still I feel rather sad that the fix was a 'regeneration nerf'. Personally, I think, regeneration is something you hardly ever notice, at least I don't. Sure, it may give you a few side points on the row, but it's not something that makes you feel 'oh, I got this, so nice', nor something that will be a 'ooh' effect when you get it. I had hoped for something more creative to replace it for all three races. Flavor over function.

Regeneration wasn't nerfed. Buffs give less regen levels than they did before, but the value per level has been increased.
    @Baelor my mistake then, apologies. Still, for me it's like 'something working completely in the shadows'. I find @lerad 's suggestion rather nice, getting a few messages here and there, maybe based on what your regeneration stems from, would improve it's value a lot in my eyes (not that I'd disregard it, it's surely useful, just very much behind the scenes).
  • The issue with messages, is you'd have 3 firing every 10 seconds for health, mana and ego, more if we did it skill by skill.

Players who could gag it likely would, those who couldn't would want to find a way to turn it off.
    edited December 2015
    @Baelor It's a difficult thing, yes. Sadly have no perfect solution to offer there myself. I just wanted to express a certain feeling of sadness that it leaves a taste of being some 'magic' behind the scenes that I can't feel, smell or taste and feels very generic for me :(

I don't know if it's something that needs to be addressed though, merely stating how I feel about it.

edited December 2015
    Baelor said:
    The issues regarding the spire are numerous, but with the change to how regen value per level is going to work, your proposed -2/-1/-1 could be a loss of 6%/3%/3% to someone, while 2%/1%/1% to another.

This may not be the last time the spire is dealt with in terms of the mechanics, but as this job was handling all forms of regeneration and regeneration penalties, it fell under that blanket to deal with in the fairest way.

As is, keeping a small flavour penalty that goes in line with the small flavour gain that spire will now grant living people while active grants it little influence in combat balance. No group should have such a significant edge over another for so little upkeep, consequently no one should be forced to deal with a debilitating malus that requires excessively more work to keep down than it does to raise.

Conflict quests that are easy, should have minimal impact, that's how risk/reward works.
    Then what's the point of having the quest at all? It difficult to call it a conflict quest when you just eliminate the conflict from the equation. It's kind of just a quest now, which is the opposite direction Lusternia needs to be heading right now IMHO. 

I'm down for changing that quest, but make it like open PK or something. Why do we always have to nerf the conflict. :(
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Elfen should get acrobat dodging and contort in their terrain as their demi perk.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Nope to the dodge. As someone who likes being a monk, I'd rather see all forms of it just deleted already. Contort, whatever. Just no more dodges.