Artifact Ideas

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I'd just want the earrings because I'm fucking lazy.

Would buy.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited January 2016

Celina said:
    Nienla said:
    Synkarin said:
    I guess I don't see much difference between touching an earring or touching an orgbix/cubix to escape.

Welcome to Lusternia - where if you really want to escape, you can.

Good thing there's a report to downgrade orgbix's.

That's kind of a bandwagon fallacy. Just because orgbix's exist and other forms of escape exist doesn't validate the necessity of having an artifact that copies the earrings of Sinope.
    That's not what a bandwagon fallacy is. 

And yes, the presence of a free artifact does invalidate complaints about "escape mechanisms" regarding for credits artifacts because you are not adding something that does not already exist for people who would purchase this artifact. It's not an escape artifact, and it's not complicated.

@Enyalida brings up a valid complaint. I think just make it no hinder/no follow and it'd still sell. 

edit: You can actually just search for "earring" on Achaea's forums to find out they aren't actually contentious at all. The last complaint was back in May or something, someone saying they regret buying them. 

I'm not going to get into a semantics debate, but it is a bandwagon fallacy. It's trying to justify something because 'orgbix's exist and everyone that has them already to use them to escape, therefore earrings are okay!'

That's not a real reason to justify the earrings of Sinope. And yes, the earrings are still complained about for city raids. I can log into to Achaea and hear at least a few valid complaints about them from Mhaldor.

It's unneeded in a game that already has an influx of too many escape mechanisms. Orgbix's are also currently being looked at due to Shuyin's report as well. You have enough means of escaping and getting to someone as is. You don't need another, nor does the game.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Synkarin said:

Edit: The coal veil is once per IC month too, so it's not a real replacement
    I...guess that's ok. It still feels meh to have a trans guild skill given to everyone, but I guess it's a thing that I should expect.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    If earrings are introduced, they can be wrapped up into any change to *bixes as well, this isn't rocket science. 

Most artifacts are 'unneeded' but for some reason they exist. Mostly to make life easier. I can get to pretty much anywhere in the game in a few seconds if it's really needed, so it's not something that's really crazy overpowered here. I get the feeling that you are hating on this artifact because other games hate on it. How many other games have orgbixes?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    Nienla said:

Celina said:
    Nienla said:
    Synkarin said:
    I guess I don't see much difference between touching an earring or touching an orgbix/cubix to escape.

Welcome to Lusternia - where if you really want to escape, you can.

Good thing there's a report to downgrade orgbix's.

That's kind of a bandwagon fallacy. Just because orgbix's exist and other forms of escape exist doesn't validate the necessity of having an artifact that copies the earrings of Sinope.
    That's not what a bandwagon fallacy is. 

And yes, the presence of a free artifact does invalidate complaints about "escape mechanisms" regarding for credits artifacts because you are not adding something that does not already exist for people who would purchase this artifact. It's not an escape artifact, and it's not complicated.

@Enyalida brings up a valid complaint. I think just make it no hinder/no follow and it'd still sell. 

edit: You can actually just search for "earring" on Achaea's forums to find out they aren't actually contentious at all. The last complaint was back in May or something, someone saying they regret buying them. 

I'm not going to get into a semantics debate, but it is a bandwagon fallacy. It's trying to justify something because 'orgbix's exist and everyone that has them already to use them to escape, therefore earrings are okay!'

That's not a real reason to justify the earrings of Sinope. And yes, the earrings are still complained about for city raids. I can log into to Achaea and hear at least a few valid complaints about them from Mhaldor.

It's unneeded in a game that already has an influx of too many escape mechanisms. Orgbix's are also currently being looked at due to Shuyin's report as well. You have enough means of escaping and getting to someone as is. You don't need another, nor does the game.
    It's not semantics. It's just wrong. We'renot justifying the truth of something because it is a popularly held belief. We're invalidating your complaint with pre existing circumstance. 

You're implying it will increase a person's ability to escape conflict, we know this is incorrect because that method of escape already exists. Therefor, the complaint is not relevant.

You can give anecdotal stories all day, or you can look at their forums pre-change and post change to the earring to gauge popular opinion. Evidence speaks for itself.
  • edited January 2016
    I'm not really going to debate semantics with you. I'm just going to conclude by saying that there are enough avenues to join a conflict as is. An instant tesseract towards an ally is unnecessary from a balance perspective as is yet another instant means of escaping combat.

If you don't see why instantly +1'ing a fight, especially if multiple people stack earrings, wouldn't be an issue, then I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I have no issues for the artifact provided it has an aggro check, respects distort, and doesn't allow people to follow.
    whoa whoa whoa, you've now changed your argument to one that people have acknowledged is a potential issue.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    whoa whoa whoa, you've now changed your argument to one that people have acknowledged is a potential issue.

Which, exactly? I said I'd be supportive of it if the combat value was extremely situational and didn't allow for another easy escape or easy +1. That can be mitigated by aggro checks, distortion respect, and doesn't allow groups to follow.
    Lol, jesus girl. I think you know exactly what he means. 

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion. 
  • edited January 2016
    The ability to join a fight != making combat in lusternia more lively.

There are already a lot of ways to 'join fights' and even MORE to escape fights in Lusternia. That isnt the problem.

Most know the reason people dont bother raiding any more is because of the Godly hefty amount of essence loss associated with it, as well as the nuisances that are nexus powers alongside insanity. No, earrings wont 'magically' make combat boom. They'll just be a niche for certain trolling. Take it from a player that is pretty seasoned in "How to Troll, 101".

P.S: Eye sigil doesnt stop ghost.
    P.S.S: Giving everyone the ability to bypass statues and totems and loyal stacks, will just end badly.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I agree, which is why you guys should have encouraged your envoys to support my reports which address these issues. I am brilliant and can do no wrong.
    edited January 2016
    The ability to join a fight = people joining fights. 

Which they already do, this just makes it quick and convenient. 

Not a magic solution to higher level conflict issues. Obviously. Conveniently it wasn't suggest as such, because this is "artifact ideas."
  • Celina said:
    The ability to join a fight = people joining fights. 

Which they already do, this just makes it quick and convenient. 

Not a magic solution to higher level conflict issues. Obviously. Conveniently it wasn't suggest as such, because this is "artifact ideas."

You need people to WANT to join a fight first, which few do these days, because they see them as a big waste of essence with very little gain.
    Plenty of people want to join fights.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    There was a domoth a few days ago with 20+ people between the two sides. Plenty of people are wanting to fight. 

You're totally right about the essence thing, but that's neither here nor there with this artifact. It's just a way to jump into fights that are happening and come up with new strategies.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Pretty down with earrings artie that doesn't take encourages, has a small wind up and is hindered by specific affs.
  • Eye sigils don't stop ghostform. The only thing that does is water, so the only counter to ghostform is 'craploads of kether/violet by literally everyone' or 'you're fighting next to the ocean/an aqua meld.'

Please quit saying things that aren't true, @Celina.
    edited January 2016
    Thing, singular, that wasn't true. My bad, the artifact can be stopped by eye sigils to make it less cool.

Please quit being dramatic, @Marcella.
    Don't eye sigils prevent ghost from moving into those rooms? So if you prepped an area, they would ghost and be stuck and kether/violet fodder?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    That's what I thought from back in the day, but if they say it doesn't, I'll take their word on it. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Nah, eye sigils do not stop ghosts (never have, to my knowledge). It was a source of much discussion and debate back in the days of Wikienvoys.
    One of the enduring myths apparently.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Eye sigils probably rubble ghosts (now), like they do to dreamweavers after that report. 
  • You said inquisition doesn't strip lichseed which was also false in another thread.

They do not, in fact, rubble ghosts. Nil is covered in eye sigils and I just tested.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited January 2016
    Water stops ghost? That's just bizarre thematically.

Also, how much of an EQ loss is on ghosting, and what sort of hinders stop it?
    Well now I know what to report!

Eye sigils stopping ghosts from moving about!

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited January 2016
    Edit: You're right @Marcella. Twice. And a third on tweets. I'll atone for my crimes.
  • Rivius said:

No, it makes sense, the element associated with their opposite city stops them. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Synkarin said:
    Well now I know what to report!

Eye sigils stopping ghosts from moving about!

Yes...because obviously this is such an important priority right now...

I mean, obviously such a decision, if taken, would not be fueled by any random contempt that was suddenly inspired here. You can be so emotional sometimes..
  • Rivius said:

Estarra has made it clear several times that it is meant to be this way and wont be changing any time soon. I suppose there is some deeper meaning to it.