Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
edited February 2016 in Mafia Hideout

A MASQUE AND A SIEGE

As Queen Mary Tudor of England lays dying, the French court hosts a masque to celebrate the marriage of Dauphin Francis Valois, heir to the French throne, and Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots, the true Catholic heir of England.

In a flagrant display of wealth and power, all of the French court is adorned in gold and scarlet, announcing the Queen of Scots’ bid for the throne of England. With this holy Catholic union of both France and Scotland, England would be the final jewel in the crown of House Valois.

But the Protestants of England, in their ignorance, profess that Elizabeth Tudor is the one true heir of England. Such is unspeakable. Why, she is both a Protestant and the bastard of that heretic, Anne Boleyn!

And yet, such is Elizabeth’s reach that her supporters have discretely infiltrated France, and now lay siege to royal court. Shrieks tear out from the interrupted merriment of the masque as the guests delve underground to escape the attackers, hiding deep within the labyrinthine catacombs of the castle. Now masked Scotsmen, Frenchmen, and others all remain trapped in the darkness of the passages below, torchlight sparkling off their costumed finery.

Kings, Queens, and servants all look the same here. As do enemies, as do friends.

How did the English know to strike now? How was France caught unawares? Surely Elizabeth has spies and sympathizers among you. There can be no other explanation.

If you are to escape from this siege alive, you must play a game of political intrigue. Who shall you trust? Who shall you betray?

And what will those betrayals cost you, in the rise and fall of power?

Welcome to the French court, ladies and gentlemen. A few ground rules before we begin the Reign Mafia Game:

1. Votes MUST be in bold to count. (ex. Vote Sylandra)
2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold.
3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM. 
7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)
9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.
10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.
11. Dayphases will last no longer than a RL week. If seven days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.

If you're unsure about how to play mafia, check this wiki, starting with this page, for the game mechanics.

A word of warning about this particular game: there is often a direct correlation between who gains power and who loses power. In a game centered around thrones and inheritance, I wanted to play up that aspect a bit. So there will be a few potential surprises along the way.

Good luck!

Living Members of the French Court:
1) Synkarin [D4 - Lynched] - MAFIA!
2) Ushaara [N6 - SIEGED]
3) Ssaliss 
4) Celina
5) Silvanus [N6 - SIEGED]
6) Allyrianne - MAFIA!
7) Othero [D5 - Bombed] - MAFIA!
8) Lavinya - MAFIA!
9) Luce  [N2 - Killed]
10) Shaddus [N4 - Killed]
11) Kiradawea [D3 - Lynched]
12) Chirbo  [D2 - Lynched]
13) Falmiis [D5 - Lynched]
14) Yarith [N4 - Killed]
15) Tekora [D6 - Lynched]
16) Vivet [N3 - Killed]

THE SIEGE HAS ENDED ON THE SEVENTH DAY!
THE ENGLISH MAFIA ARE VICTORIOUS!
QUEEN ELIZABETH TUDOR SITS ON THE THRONE OF ENGLAND
LONG MAY SHE REIGN!
Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited January 2016

IT IS DAY ONE OF THE SIEGE:

KING HENRY II SITS UPON THE THRONE OF FRANCE
    LONG MAY HE REIGN!

It currently takes 9 nobles to execute a member of the French court.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hear hear, long live the king and all that jazz!

When does the plotting and the incest start? I've played enough Crusader Kings to know where these things end up.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Obligatory awkward first day post. Where's my croissant?!
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Vive la France!

(Woo, been a while since I last played one of these)
  • Not really a thing yet, sadly. Have a kipferl?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I could care less whether it's millefuelle or wheat meal. We are currently holding court in a bunker beneath the Dauphin's chateau, we have more pressing concerns.
    Luce's right. We need wine.
  • I really do wish we had some wine right now.
  • Don't worry. It's mafia. I'm sure the whine will come soon enough.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Hello Hello, Long live the king!

(starts watching the show frantically)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    It's okay, I really have no idea how to be in-charactery either.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    The show is no guarantee of knowing everything in the game, btw! If you want background knowledge, though, I recommend looking at the profiles on the show's wikia. Which also includes pages about the actual historical figures Reign is based on! This game in particular contains a blend of both fact and fiction; consider it based on the concept of Reign more than the television show itself. If your character role did not explicitly state that it was fictional, then congratulations--you can google your character as well to get a wealth of juicy historical information! For a quick hilarious update of the show, though, I recommend reading the Reign recaps written by Lily Sparks. (Reign is a fun, soapy, delightful show, but sadly it has no concept of linear plot structure 99% of the time.)
    Daraius said:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Let them eat cake or death!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Bonjour?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Bonjour. Comment allez-vouz? Je suis amusé que ce ne sont pas contre les règles.
  • Showoff.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tekora said:
    Showoff.
    I spent too long building an alliance to not learn the language.
  • Or so you would have us believe... There are other reasons to learn our language; spying, for instance.
  • edited January 2016
    [Annoying Spectator]

I am interested to see how : "there is often a direct correlation between who gains power and who loses power." plays out. 

Edit: wondering idly if anyone has run a CK2 inspired mafia game and/or this game has ideas inspired by CK2
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ah, you've seen through my brilliant plan of tipping my hand on the first day. I am a spy sent by the Tudors to eavesdrop on idle chit-chat in a language no one is currently using. Well done constable, will it be the sword or the rope?
  • I much prefer fire, myself. Your place or mine?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    neither since we're all stuck in a crypt below the castle

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    And by my count, four of us have yet to introduce themselves.

@Othero, @Lavinya, @Chirbo, @Yarith? We're all noble here, it would be rude not to speak. Let us begin this game so we can end this farce.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Bonjour! Luce caught me typing. I am here and whoever decorated these catacombs need to be hanged. Dreadful. (I'm on phone only until Monday so bear with me! )

• Luce is being too nice and helpful.

Vote: Luce
    Lynch the helpful nice people!
    Oh sorry, that wasn't French.  LYNCH LES PERSONNES HELPFUL!!
  • We're not necessarily all noble. There's a chance some filthy peasants helpful servants with handy bottles of wine are down here with us.

(Maybe that's why the quiet people haven't spoken? Keeping all of it to themselves)
  • I am finally here! After drinking all the wine I kept to myself.