Celina vs Draylor

CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
http://pastehtml.com/view/cia4g4j46.html

Seriously, no one posts logs anymore. 

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Posting logs and encouraging discussion is great, but this thread has now become somewhat unhappy. Let's try again.

Try to keep conversation away from overly negative or inflammatory remarks.
  • Leolamins had posted that log snippet where Draylor's damage output was pretty nasty, and Mags generally seemed to take a lot of damage from him. I only fought him a few times, but never found the damage to be abnormally high; are (player) undead weak to divinus damage? Never heard anything definite in that regard.
  • Glomdoring and Magnagora does have a weakness to Divinus, and Celest/Serenwilde have a similar weakness to Excorable (and resistances to the other type respectively). This was mentioned when divinus/excorable was first introduced, if I remember correctly, but it was also supposed to be a minor effect. Sort of like a flavour kind of thing? I have no idea how much effect it really is, though. And I cant' remember if Gaudiguch/Hallifax has a similar mechanic.

• Naw, it was mostly due to the large number of aslarans we had in the city then and their weakness to fire.
    Cantor's can build up some kind of counter and release it to boost the damage of their attacks. It does fire damage as well. 
    I think it takes 30 seconds to build up after they use it.

It's a one trick pony though, people with lots of health and no fire weakness are not going to struggle with it.

I've never seen a divinus malus in my resistances.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I can't cite a souce on this so don't take my word on it but here's how I think it works:

Liches and by educated assumption, dark spirits, take 10% extra from divinus.

Everyone else takes 10% extra from excoro.

Draylor's damage was many factors converging at once. He could beast spit ibululu and since his targets were not deaf, it gives no message, and that's a 30% damage increase. Cantors have a build up and release fire burst song along with the fire/divinus damage attack. His damage was high, regardless. It was just really really high when the stars aligned and he got his full burst.