Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (I think Celina's was the lynch)
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Leave it to Celina to not give me a chance

that jerk

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Well, to be entirely fair, you've had plenty of chances until now to actually say who you are.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Did you ever think that it was possible I couldn't reveal my name?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I never tried to defend or justify Tekora's story and the two sets of claims the two of us have made are independent, so I don't see any real reason to try and mesh them together, they don't need to add up because, quite frankly, I can't speak for Tekora at all, I can only report what I have seen. I will bring it to light that no one has yet disputed my name claim. We know the Scots have aligned with the French with the death of Queen Mary and that means we have three confirmed factions between those of us who remain: The French, the outsider and the English. I would rather see someone we have confirmed as English go down.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Current Vote Count Update:

Synkarin Ssaliss, Tekora, Yarith, Shaddus, Falmiis, Lavinya, Celina (7)

Tekora - Synkarin (1)

The lords and ladies of the French court have spoken!

Once more, two voices rise above the din of the nobles, yet this time, it is Synkarin and Tekora who lead the fray. "You're all blind! We already know where Synkarin's loyalty lies," Tekora shouts, indignant, pointing to where the Queen of Scots lies in her eternal rest. "Are you going to let her die for nothing?"

To the shock of all present, Synkarin shoots back an accusation just as dire--that Tekora is not in fact Princess Claude Valois, but rather, Robert Dudley, an intimate of Elizabeth Tudor! At this accusation, Tekora spits in disgust even as, one by one, several nobles find themselves conceding with Synkarin's points. Isn't it true that the Princess had been absent several crucial nights? Isn't it strange that she wouldn't have been able to act?

To which another question is posed: if Tekora isn't Robert Dudley, then who is Synkarin?

The paranoia mounts, stifling in its untold heights until Yarith, who has been silent until now, interrupts the feud. "I saw what happened last night," he declares, and illustrates a ghastly vision in which Synkarin slips into the Queen of Scots' chambers, and kills her in cold blood.

With this evidence, there is only one course of action. The allegiance of the court once more sways to Tekora's side, and Synkarin looks on helplessly as one by one his allies become his foes.

"You'll regret this!" Synkarin promises even as he's bound against his will by those gathered. Tekora removes a single, glittering brooch from her ensemble and reveals a sharp dagger hidden within. With great relish, Tekora strikes Synkarin down upon the stone floors, again and again, until finally his bloody body goes completely limp upon the ground. His crimson mask falls away, revealing that Synkarin was indeed...

[Robert Dudley]

Bloody Mary’s England has been excruciating for you in particular. Thank God she is dying. Your family has only recently escaped condemnation through a royal pardon, yet you fear that under the possible rule of Mary, Queen of Scots, you may yet be condemned again. As a Protestant, how can you not fear the possibility of another Catholic queen? Such is the way of politics and religion, to say nothing of love. And oh, the love you bear for your childhood friend, Elizabeth, is beyond measure. For her, and her claim to the crown, you would do unspeakable things. You would destroy any who would stand in her way of the English crown. Whether it is Mary, Queen of Scots, or the King of France himself.

You are British and Protestant, both denying the word of the Pope and denying the legitimacy of Mary, Queen of Scots’, right to rule England. You win when all threats to Elizabeth’s rule have been eliminated.

Privy Counsellor: You may once per night rifle through the belongings of a member of court, in the hopes of discovering who they are and where their loyalties lie. [Investigative Power - Consigliere]

The Sun Never Sets on the British Empire: As the second in command of the English mafia, you may speak with your fellow compatriots throughout the night, and agree on whom to execute for crimes against England. [Mafia]

*Note: You cannot both commit the kill for the Mafia and investigate a target in the same night.

There is, at first, a moment of complete shock. Then come the cries of relief that, at last, one shadowy foe has been vanquished! The nobles look to one another to see if anyone shows a sign of concern or distress, but the expression of the masked guests remains difficult to read.

"Bloody English," one noble says.

"Good riddance," another agrees.

For once, as night falls, the nobles of the French court appear comfortable taking to their rest. It is as if the siege raging overhead is forgotten, for just one night, as the kingdoms of France and Scotland bask in this faint glimmer of hope awarded by today's victory.

---

IT IS NIGHT FOUR OF THE SIEGE:

KING HENRY II SITS UPON THE THRONES OF FRANCE AND SCOTLAND

GOD SAVE THE KING!

---

You now have 48 hours to send in your night actions. The game will resume either when all night actions are in, or when the 48 hours are up. Good luck!

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited January 2016

And now, Vivet provides you with more questionably appropriate audio as your intermission.

Please listen along as you contemplate your night actions (Or in the case of @Sylandra, compose the results).

Night actions are all officially in! Stay tuned for messages and results.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited January 2016
    A spam-refreshed Mafia-thread never updates? An attempt at a modernized take on the "watched pot".
    edited January 2016
    What greets you on the dawn of the fifth day is a bloodbath.

Perhaps you slept too soundly in the night to hear the screams, nestled in a sense of warm security with the recent ousting of Synkarin. When you gather to meet in the catacombs, however, there are distinctly two missing parties, and with this, the worst possible outcomes worm their way into the minds of those present. Surely there couldn't be two deaths? All the nobles race through the passageways, fighting against their worst fears until, to their dismay, they are realized.

Two poisoned nobles lay dead and unmasked upon the stone floors of the catacombs: Yarith, and Shaddus. Sprawled in a ghoulish display, each one looks to have been caught unawares, looking just as startled as the nobles who discover them now.

Yarith was...

[Nostradamus, the Seer]

An apothecary and reputed seer, you have dedicated your life to documenting prophecies in the service of the French court. Your study of the occult is fearful to many, but you are fortunate to have as an ally Queen Catherine de Medici of France, who has given you leave to advise her and to look over the royal family. Ever since the siege began, you have been overwhelmed with a sense of foreboding and dread for the lives of those around you. Truly, no one is safe here, not even those with the gift of prophecy. You can see far too many scenarios where France might yet fail, and Elizabeth ascend to the throne of England. Who knows if you can escape that fate? Yet you must not give up hope.

You are French and, despite your occultist leanings, Catholic.  You win when all threats to France are eliminated.

The Seer: You may, once per night, concentrate upon a member of the French court to receive a vision of what has occurred to them this night. [Watcher Power]

Shaddus was...

[Duke of Guise]

You’re a man feared by many in France, and with good reason: you’re a terror on a battlefield. Your sister, Marie de Guise, married James V of Scotland and has been the regent there since your niece, Mary Stewart, became Queen of Scotland as a babe. Since your house has allied with that of House Valois, you are better able to protect your family and better your interests than ever before in France, which is why you have moved to the French court. Some say you are gathering too much power and grow weary of the growing influence of Guise, but those people fear you. And you want them to. You’ve amassed great militaristic strength, and people expect you to utilize it to devastating effect.

Yet you’re a strategist, too. You know when to strike and when to defend, and in a siege, one must plan for the long game. To protect your niece, and your influence in France, you must bring down the bloody English once and for all. To achieve that, you intend to play the best defensive tactics you are able to thwart Elizabeth’s schemes.

You are French, as well as a Catholic. You win when all threats to France are eliminated.

Shield of Guise: You may, once a night, protect a member of the court with the strength of your French forces, effectively intimidating any would-be assassin from harming them. [Protector Power]

It is perhaps the worst possible outcome that the French could have anticipated. To have lost their noble defender, Shaddus, and the wise guidance of Yarith, who had directed them to the threat in Synkarin the day before... Any hope that had arisen the previous day with Synkarin's death is now mercilessly stamped out. The siege still rages. There can be no room for complacency.

IT IS DAY FIVE OF THE SIEGE:

KING HENRY II SITS UPON THE THRONES OF FRANCE AND SCOTLAND

LONG MAY HE REIGN!

It currently takes 5 nobles to execute a member of the French court.
    Daraius said:
  • I'm assuming the English killed Yarith and Celina took a gamble on Shaddus?
    WELP. I was wrong about Shaddus. 
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Re Synkarin. Well clearly I should never be allowed anywhere near a jury. "I believe him." Err... nope.

Hmm, so are we left with 5 town, 3 mafia + survivor (Othero claim), or 5 town and 4 mafia?
  • I can't really blame Celina. Shaddus was looking incredibly suspect at that point. But it's pretty painful to have lost both the watcher and a protector. 

Based on voting patterns, I am eyeing Ushaara, Falmiis, and Othero pretty hard right now. I think it could be useful to take a look at who's consistently pushed for a relatively quick lynch on the previous days, cutting them kind of short.

(Incidentally, this came up last day, but I do think both Kira and Celina having vig powers is unsurprising. Likely one of them started out on team France, and one of them started out on Team Mary, since Kira wasn't Scottish, she would not necessarily have been rolled into the French team the way everyone else was on Mary's death)

I know I've been quiet, but as mentioned previously, I'm on a work trip with very restricted time and internet. I can occasionally check the forums on my phone, but posting is difficult. It's been kind of exasperating how fast the past couple of days have moved, and it clearly has not served the town.

My best guess would that we started with a quarter of the game being mafia, which leaves us three now. Whether Othero/Antoine is a mafia, or a survivor as he's claimed, I'm not sure, and I may be wrong about there being three left.
  • Not blaming Celina either, Shaddus had shot to the top of my suspicions list too for how he defended Synkarin after sitting quiet all game.

That said, I still STRONGLY believe that Silvanus is scum. I blocked him successfully last night, and the flavor text suggested to me that he gave orders to a group of men last night, whom I ended up stopping. 

This, along with his very close cooperation with Synkarin on Days 2 and 3, and panicked flip-flopping on Synkarin's vote yesterday, screams at me that we need to lynch him.

Vote: Silvanus
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Because I'm the King and was jailing someone you nimwit. Two people still died and your inability to think has enabled them one day away from victory.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Synkarin's reveal tells me that the mafia probably all have their own power in addition to being able to make the night kill. How do we know you're not Elizabeth instead?
  • Because then the person who actually is the King would step forward and out both Silvanus and Lavinya?
  • ... seriously?

Look, I've realised Silvanus was likely the jailer (and that the jailer's power would make sense for the king) since day 1, when he chimed in with more flavour text on the jailing (mentioning guards) than Lavinya had previously revealed, and they both very vociferously questioned your claim of having been jailed. When Lavinya claimed Diane and asserted the king was the jailer, and the two voted and argued together, that pretty much clinched it. Everything he and Lavinya have done makes perfect sense if you take into account the fact that Lavinya knew that he was the king, and the two could discuss together. Yarith heard Lavinya and Silvanus together and pretty much let the cat out of the bag last night. No one has disputed Lavinya's claim, despite how easy it would have been to turn the tide against her by joining you.

I can't tell if you're serious, or if you're maybe angling to off the King in hopes of succeeding him as ruler of France and Scotland.
  • That was actually day 2, not day 1.
    edited January 2016
    Yeah...I assumed we were all just not talking about Silvanus being the King at this point, but that it was common knowledge. After Lavinya's mason claim, it was pretty easy to match her and Silvanus's arguments together. They basically mirrored one another. I just thought most of us were trying to not draw attention to it in the hopes that the scum didn't draw the same conclusion.

Once we knew the king was a jailor and matching that with Silvanus heavily pressing your jailing claim, there wasn't much of a question left.

It's also the easiest claim to dispute. 
    shit. Stupid edit. Sorry sorry sorry
    France is very disappointed in you today, Celina. But unlike Glomdoring, we shall show you mercy because the mod saw the post before and after the edit and deems it safe.
    Daraius said:
    JE SUIS TRES TRES DESOLE
    Or as Catherine d'Medici would say..."Suck it, IDGA LA F"
    Daraius said:
  • Okay fine, if you all are so sure that Silvanus and Lavinya are innocent, I'll play along, but it seriously shoots my theory on the remaining mafia to shit. 

Day 3 had a solid progression of Silvanus, Lavinya and Othero votes on Kiradawea in quick succession, along with their eagerness to get rid of me on Day 4 before Yarith outed Synkarin.

Sylandra said:
    Current Vote Count Update:

Synkarin - Ssaliss, Tekora (2)

Tekora - Synkarin, Shaddus, Lavinya, Silvanus (4)

In the kingdom of France, it takes the word of 7 nobles to lynch a member of the court.

If Silvanus and Lavinya are considered innocent, then there's only one remaining vote that I'm confident in right now.

Unvote

Vote: Othero
  • Goddammit, I am REALLY not comfortable about this, especially when I had Synkarin pegged dead to rights, even down to his consigliere role.
    I think it's time to mass claim. If we miss this, we lose don't we?