Warriors and Gear

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I disagree. The point of prismatic is to be an absolute defense against all attacks. It has counters, but those counters are meant to take advantage of certain caveats, like the fact that it drops on aggressive action. This already feels way too easy, but what's done is done, I guess.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It will help add some parity for prismatic breaking between the cities (Which get psionics which can fairly easily disrupt a prismatic) and forest (which get... bupkis? Dreamweave Induce). 
  • This may have been already discussed and I missed it.  If so please just point me in the right direction.  What is happening with the Forging transcendent skill "Masterarmour"?  The AB file remains unchanged and I cannot see any benefits in my bodyscan.  AB file reads:

This skill will allow you to transform platemail into your personal
    master armour. Note that this will drain your personal power reserves
    which need to be at least at 50%. Because only one such master armour
    can exist, if you mark another platemail, the old one will be destroyed.
    Marking will give your armour +10/+10 cutting/blunt protection and that
    armour will not decay.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Ok second question.  How does the warrior champion artifact work now? According to the HELP GUILD ARTIFACTS file:

Warriors - These helms will grant a slight increase in damage dealt by the Champion's weapons.

Previously I could see a difference in the weapon stats once I took the helm off but obviously this is not relevant now that weapon stats are removed.  Also nothing shows up under "bodyscan buffs full".

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited January 2016
    Masterarmour gives higher armour than normal armour. Not sure of the exact numbers, but it'll be something like 19% for normal armour and 21% for master.

Master armour also has one extra slot over normal.

Looks like normal plate is 20%, so master plate would be 22 or 23% probably.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    My master plate is 25%.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's outside of the buff system, so it won't show on bodyscan. 
    So, the current updated stats:

Master Plate: 25%
    Plate: 20%
    Tattoomaster Armour: 18%
    Tattoo Armour: ?
    Splendours: ?
    Great Robes: 12%
    Tattoo Preparation: 8%

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

with the loss of stats, what's the difference between masterweapons and basic weapons?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • One has one slot and one has two slots.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    So basically you can make a novice a pair of cheap blades and put damage enhancement on them, and they're good to go for as long as they want.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2016
    Time to roll a dual-wielding axelord. So really, someone's hunting weapons can be basic weapons now as opposed to requiring masterwork weapons.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Speed applies to bashing too, though, so you'd want damage+speed.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Though, apparently speed doesn't do anything at the moment.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    0.1 is pretty minimal imo
  • edited January 2016
    @Ieptix, do you know why warrior balance went from 3.1-3.4 average just a couple days ago (with aggressive style active, which supposedly slows balance), to 3.7-4.0 with no combatstyle with the same weapon and no agility buffs.

Why are we all of the sudden 20%+ slower?

Edit: I've had other sources confirm this speed drop. It looks like it was caused from the downtime earlier today. Was this intended? With respect, if so, why, and why wasn't it announced?
  • edited January 2016
    Ixion said:
    @Ieptix, do you know why warrior balance went from 3.1-3.4 average just a couple days ago (with aggressive style active, which supposedly slows balance), to 3.7-4.0 with no combatstyle with the same weapon and no agility buffs.

Why are we all of the sudden 20%+ slower?

Edit: I've had other sources confirm this speed drop. It looks like it was caused from the downtime earlier today. Was this intended? With respect, if so, why, and why wasn't it announced?
    I noticed this also.  Was testing speed before I went to bed.  I stayed logged in but was kicked by the downtime.  After the login the speed certainly appears to have changed.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited January 2016
    Disregard - I'm at 3.5 - was misreading timestamps due to bad echos

whoops

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • My AL balance time is regularly 4s for every strike.Just with wondercorn.
  • There was a bug that was applying all weapon speed buffs twice by mistake, that was fixed several days ago. The downtime today was just an upgrade to our game engine and shouldn't be affecting weapon speed. I'll take a look when I get home and make sure the fix didn't somehow negate the bonuses entirely. As a side note, the base speed for strikes with a weapon that matches your knighthood specializing should be 3.5 second, before the balance buff system kicks in (note that weapon buffs are separate from generic balance buffs), but will be slower if you are not a warrior or are using improper weapons for your spec.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Well.. in my skillset spec, with 0 agility and 0 weapon speed buffs, I'm averaging 3.8ish, certainly not 3.5 average. I did get a 3.5 once, it's near the absolute minimum of my balance range variation at present.

Also, what are the native racial bonuses going to be? Like igasho for BM, dwarf for AL, etc?

• Axelord behead only gives a corpse.....but no head.  What is this madness!! We need heads as well

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Very minor request. But can we add bleeding and bruising to char.vitals and retire willpower and endurance from there?
  • A quick question on enchanted weapons and armor

What is 'physical' damage? Is it only cutting, blunt, and I think brute, or is it all warrior damage?

Is the 33% from enchanted weapons still considered 'physical' and subject to the resistance from armor? Or does that bypass it?

If it bypasses, is bleeding/bruising based on what you would inflict, or what bypasses armor/resistances?

On doing the math, it seems a 10% boost from damage outdoes avoiding most armour except masterplate, though resistances/racial bonuses might apply. Still I'm, curious
  • edited February 2016
    Brute is not a damage type, it is a damage source. It refers to damage that is usually (by RP or by flavour) physical but is derived from magical sources (only -woods have access to "brute" damage source, I think?) and which thus uses int, not str (both no longer in the game) to derive their damage, and which also can be boosted via magical damage boosting artifacts (not sure if it is still in the game). 

Attacks which derive from the "brute" damage source can be any damage type, even fire (on theory) but most of the time, it's either cutting or blunt. For example, there's a wildewood attack that is "brute" sourced, and deals 50% blunt, 50% magical damage. Armour will reduce the blunt portion of this attack, but not the magical portion - regardless of the fact that the source is 100% "brute".

Physical damage will refer to only cutting or blunt. Mages and druids can do physical damage, it's not only locked to warriors, if they have a spell that does cutting or blunt damage.

If a weapon is enchanted with 33% damage of a non physical type (ie enchanted with fire, thus changing 33% of its damage type to fire) then the fire portion will not be affected by armour or cutting/blunt resistance. Instead, the fire portion will be affected by fire resistance instead.

Edit: On second thought, I can't remember if brute damage sourced attacks use(d) str or int. I think they may use str, but are still boostable by magic boosting arties. Of course, it's a moot point, since str and int no longer exist.

Brute was strength based. Normally, strength mattered little to casters, because magic source damage was intelligence based. Brute source let you do 'magical' damage based on strength instead, thus, Wildewood and Wyrdenwoods had lowish intelligence (12), but high strength (17). I think the only other class that used brute-source was Illuminati for some of their appendage-based attacks.

• Yep, Fleshform Crush is brute-sourced blunt damage.
    See you in Sapience.
    I don't think damage sources matter anymore though.

• edited February 2016
    @Ieptix

Test subject: me with fullplate on, Elec and Fire resist: 7 each

Fire enchanted axe (3 cutting, 5 fire buff)
    1496 damage
    506 elemental damage (tested when Rune of Absorption procs)
    Elec enchanted axe (4 cutting 3 elec buff)
    1496 damage
    506 elemental damage (tested when Rune of Absorption procs)

As shown by the total damage numbers, 1 cutting = 2 elemental buff. At first glance, the overall damage makes mathematical sense (1*3%*66%=2*3%*33%), but armor reducing 25% of physical should only effect the cutting part.

Additionally, the elemental damage (as clearly shown by RoA-removed damage) being identical raises a red flag as to what is really going on. The only possible explanation I see here is that all buffs are factored in together (below) and THEN applied to the 33% (actually ~33.8%) elemental conversion.

(1)*Cutting|Blunt + (0.5)*Elemental= Total buff modifier
    Total buff modifier*2/3= cutting dmg delivered
    Total buff modifier*1/3= elemental dmg delivered

So, it seems like 1 physical buff != 1 elemental buff, when they are supposed to be an equal 3% each. In reality, they are not. A 5 fire buff elemental dmg should not be the same as a 3 electricity buffed one where the target has idenitical resistance levels.

??????