Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If balestone damage isn't that bad, why is it the goto skill for institute members in groups?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited February 2016
    I had fun, you can blame all the dirty tactics on me.

Talan and all the other competitors were just having a go at the event.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited February 2016
    P.S. yeah yeah aeon sucks and hekoskeri OP
  • I don't know, arguments against this shady tactic here and that dirty move there kind of lose weight when both sides of the argument do it.  :-??
    See you in Sapience.
  • Fuck aeon.

• I never said people on both sides don't do it. You guys are missing the point because of Celina's snark.

It's my catchphrase by now, but I just expect better from this community.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I don't think they are missing your "point," when you only ever use your catchphrase when complaining about your opposition. I don't actually care about infini-aeon or balestone to a significant degree. I'm just using mockery to demonstrate your bias. If you cared about "fair play," or whatever, it'd be a two way street. Instead, we only hear when shuyin or Synkarin are dirty dirty game ruining cheaters.
  • Except I've said (now's the third time, test your reading comprehension, kiddos!) that it happens on both sides. Perpetrated by both sides. I haven't said Shuyin or Synkarin. I haven't named anybody.

They know who they are, and they know that the only way to stop it is if we just start being better players to each other.

• edited February 2016
    Congrats to @Talan on the win. :)

ETA: Apparently I am quoting myself. IDK anything any more guys.

edited February 2016
    Im amused you think you're smart enough to convince anyone here your complaint was anything but specifically targeted and poorly veiled. Context clues honey, this complaint didn't spring up from nothing like Athena from Zeus's head. Trying to disclaimer isn't camouflage for your obvious timing.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Celina said:
    Im amused you think you're smart enough to convince anyone here your complaint was anything but specifically targeted and poorly veiled. Context clues honey, this complaint didn't spring up from nothing like Athena from Zeus's head. Trying to disclaimer isn't camouflage for your obvious timing.
    Well, his disclaimer is partially accurate given that you didn't name me and half of his rant was about my pits.  But everyone who was there knows that, so it was still poorly veiled. :P
    edited February 2016
    "I expect more out of this community....when Gaudiguch wins things." I'd buy it, maybe, if we hadn't been through this before.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    This has happened in every Ascension--it's the perfect time to use the game mechanics to their maximum benefit, as it's one of the few times you can actually and permanently win. Personally, I dislike the entire tournament, which is why I lay low during it, but I'm not gonna sit here and say people are playing dirty.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited February 2016
    I like Ascension, it's fun to see how creative people get. Inevitable someone starts calling someone else a game ruiner and a cheater because they aren't playing on someone's personal and arbitrary terms, but generally it brings orgs together and gets people excited. Tons of people sacrifice a ton of time and effort just to help a friend of theirs win while personally getting nothing out of it. If you go in hating it, you'll hate it. If you go in understanding it's a game for erewards and enjoy the chaos, you'll have fun.
  • I know everyone who talks to me knows that I've been pretty tilted recently, but I think all of us who were trying really did appreciate the effort everyone made, even though it was a 70 degree scale and some of us were disheartened enough to drop out. I really do want to say how much I appreciated everyone who tried to help us!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Celina said:
    I really really like this mythological reference. 

So proud. :)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Man, people complain a lot. It's like Lusternia's object is to win or something, and it's not worth playing if you can't get a pat on the back every time you aren't a winner.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    There's always Beauty!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm actually stumped on what to design for beauty this year. Someone inspire me please!!

This discussion has been closed.