Pureblade

I hope Pureblade combat is being worked on, I did some testing with Tarkenton and with reflexes on I could only get 580ish bleeding around there and 1300 with reflexes off.

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Does someone have an idea exactly how pureblades are supposed to work? Because I've put a little skull sweat into it, and with ice curing how it is, I just don't see how they're supposed to build wounds to activate their bleeding. Coupled with a second warrior, they could have some neat synergy with mana killers.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited February 2016
    Looks to me like rupturestomach, pinarm and pinleg are your mainstays as you build around your wounds. It's tricky to say right now if the bleeding they cause is enough since wound building is something we're still figuring out. How good is the bleeding on these skills at critical wounds?

Carve is also bugged last I tested. I think it might hold the key to pureblade depending on how much wounding and bleeding it causes. Once it's fixed and we work out wounding, we'll see. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Warriors currently have problems 1v1, I would suggest approaching your envoy to comment on the special report and report any findings with logs attached.
    Bleeding at critical is ass. With bleeder stance and rupture, was managing to get Farlaris to bleed for 600ish on a hit. He's got a log. Carve definitely needs to get fixed, so impale can be played with, but like with axelord, it seems to me like the major strategies at the moment can be stopped with parry gut and letting ice curing do its thing.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Does someone have an idea exactly how pureblades are supposed to work? Because I've put a little skull sweat into it, and with ice curing how it is, I just don't see how they're supposed to build wounds to activate their bleeding. Coupled with a second warrior, they could have some neat synergy with mana killers.
    The ur'Guard have been testing this, and we have no idea how pureblades are supposed to work.
  • edited February 2016
    I feel like pureblade might have good group potential if your allies do bleeding, but otherwise it struggles with balancing the wound and bleed mechanics. The only strategy I could see was building up some wounds, going for pinleg, pinarm, and rupturestomach to build bleed, then twisting for damage and hopefully a kill. The problem is that all of these skills increase bleeding, but aren't actual afflictions, and therefore don't contribute to wound building by stacking ice cures. You need multiple pins to stack significant bleed, and then twist on top of that, but your opponent is happily curing away wounds in the meantime (maybe disrupted by calcise/dendroxin, but insignificantly) and you have to start all over again.
  • would you only  go to light wounds on those bleed abilties?
  • No, because the bleed scales with the amount of wounds. At light wounds it's useless.
  • edited February 2016
    alright, so you need criticle wounds on three different abilties and...assault costs 4 power which means you can get one of those to heavy wounds right? or is it crit with two assaults?.
    edited February 2016
    As a heads up, the carve bug should be fixed now, so see about working it into your strategies.

I was definitely a bit worried with bleeding as a requirement for exsanguinate, since balancing it could get a bit hairy. Unless you could realistically burst someone to over 2k bleeding, to get exsanguinate you'd need to completely tank their mana and mana healing reserves first. I'm not sure there is a way to do either of those scenarios without things being a bit overpowered. 

Maybe make exsanguinate a 2-parter - if at critical chest wounds and not bleeding for 2k, do a burst of bleeding? 

Or maybe a skill that checks for wounding + certain affs and if present, does a burst of bleeding? (e.g damagedthroat, impale, tendon). Only problem is you're not realistically getting more than one ice aff on someone.

Even if we do burst bleeding though, it would have to be quite a lot and be able to completely tank your mana and mana healing reserves, so IDK! We could also see about changing exsanguinate's requirements altogether if we can come up with a good idea.
    Is carve a fix that went in today? Because it didn't work last night.
    This morning, yeah.
    Cool, I'll give it a go tonight and see if it makes a difference. Carve is supposed to do what, wounds damage and bleeding?
    edited February 2016
    If anyone has a templar alt that is gr3+ and knows either BM or BC, shoot me a message.
    Also:

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #527 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Ieptix the Anomaly                  Date: 2016-02-17 16:55:25

o The KNIGHTHOOD_SPEC command has been re-enabled in Overhaul arena
       matches. Note that for those who are warriors normally, being in an
       Overhaul match will override your main knighthood skills, and you'll
       have to select a spec using the command to use any spec abilities.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

So we should be able to get some more sweet testing in :) Thanks again, @Ieptix!
  • What about lowering the required amount sense 2k is way higher than the amount of bleeding a pure blade could get.