11th Anniversary Treasure Hunt

edited October 2015 in Event Scrolls
Trader Bob shouts, "Attention good custome-, ah, people of the Basin!"

Trader Bob shouts, "I have a selection of bears for free, just come see me and greet me to get one!"

[ANNOUNCEMENT]: Greet Trader Bob to start the Treasure Hunt!

You see Trader Bob shout, "Be sure to cuddle it!"
You greet Trader Bob with a sincere smile.
Trader Bob exclaims, "Here's a bear! Don't lose it!"

Off-white swaddling cloth covers nearly every bit of this teddy bear's body, leaving naught but the shiny black nose of his snout sticking out. Despite no stitch marking being visible amongst the folds of the cloth, it does not pry from the bear, leaving everything but his nose to the imagination. Attached by a bit of twine to the bear's foot, a small paper placard bears a bold inscription stating, "CUDDLE ME!"
It weighs about 2 pounds and 3 ounce(s).
It has the following aliases: bear, teddy.

You give a teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth a friendly cuddle.
Desparation seeping from the teddy bear's small voice, a teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth exclaims, "Please! You must help me!"

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I can no longer remember the dreams I have had with my previous owner, and that's all the best memories a teddy bear ever has! Without these, I cannot even recall who I am...instead, I only recall other people's dreams..."

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "If you take me to the location these dreams are tied to, we can disperse of them there. Please, if you would help me, cuddle me again and I will tell you one of these dreams."

--LOCATION TIME!--
A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of preaching the teachings of the Supernals to small, lost souls in a cosy chapel. Do you know where the chapel might be?."

[spoiler]A cosy chapel.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Stooped with age, yet sharp-eyed still, Father Ratanele waits here, surrounded by a firm, calm aura.
You see a single exit leading west.
[ (v21209) @ St. Gathlyn's Orphanage for the Dispossessed]

Note: Just showing this part once, same thing every time until the end
You give a teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth a friendly cuddle.
A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth exclaims, "Yes...this is the place the dream is tied to! I can feel it!"
A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth pauses for a moment, a flickering dreammote departing his swaddling cloth covered head. The dreammote lazily floats about before slowly vanishing from sight.
A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth exclaims, "Only 18 more memories before my memory is back! Cuddle me for the next dream!" [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of flying in the skies from a mangrove island, despite having broken wings. Do you know where the mangrove island might be?."

[spoiler]A deforested mangrove island.
Sepehr Skytamer stares forlornly at the sky as he fiddles with a length of rope.
You see exits leading north and south.
[ (v30026) @ the Inner Sea] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of committing severe surgical malpractice on unconsenting patients in a very unsanitized location. Do you know where a surgical chamber splattered in blood might be?."

[spoiler]A blood-splattered chamber.
Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. A large metal surgery table is stationed centrally within the room here, bare and empty.
You see a single exit leading southwest.
[ (v15776) @ the i'Xiia Asylum ] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of a divine dais that leads to the mirrors of trees, reflected by an altar of life. Do you know where the place the aslaran guard might be?."

[spoiler]An open-air temple.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. A spray of warm, crimson blood pours out from an ancient stone fountain erected here. Radiating a comforting warmth, the Hearthstone of Il'garala dominates the surroundings. There are 4 feral aslarans here.
You see exits leading east, south, and west.
[ (v32072) @ Mornhai Sanctuary] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of walking through a forested cavern, passing by a variety of birds before arriving at a hidden garden. Do you know where this hidden garden might be?."

[spoiler]A hidden garden.
Hovering in mid-air, a hummingbird flits between flowers.
You see a single exit leading south.
[ (v11880) @ the Kiakodan Nature Reserve} ] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of standing one mis-step away from splashing into a bottomless pool, heart racing as slithering noises echo about the cavern walls. Do you know where this bottomless pool might be?."

[spoiler]Before a bottomless pool.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. A whirlpool of mud and fresh underground water stirs in the hold of strong currents here, spiraling downward until they disappear into the whirlpool itself. Several precious stones line the wall, though their faces and bodies have been marred and caked with mud that has splattered on them over time. Several minute cocoons line the ceiling overhead, their bodies a sickly green and white, and span the entire length of the cavern ceiling. The smell of old earth lingers heavily in the air, mixing with the constant sound of churning water to create a scene of disgust and natural beauty.
You see a single exit leading north.
[ (v10688) @ the Caverns of Muhanlesh] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of tripping and stumbling over a gorge into a pool of lava. Do you know where this pool of lava might be?."

[spoiler]West end of the gorge.
Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. Waves of comforting heat exude from the shrine of blackened iron which stands here. A flow of lava has cascaded down from above and coagulated, creating a sheer wall of volcanic rock.
You see a single exit leading southeast.
[ (v7765) @ Mount Zoaka] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of driving passengers across the Basin to their various destinations. Do you know where the seat the passengers would use might be?."

[spoiler]You give 100 gold sovereigns to Sako Tleem.
Sako Tleem exclaims, "Step right up, welcome to my carriage!"
Sako Tleem takes your gold and guides you to the passenger compartment and shows you to your seat before returning to seek out more passengers.
Inside a carriage.
A long rope extends down here, waiting to be pulled. A sturdy lever is attached to the door here.
You see a single exit leading out.
[ (v15666) ] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of expanding their wares beyond dried meats, clothing, and potions. Do you know where their shop might be?."

[spoiler]Last Chance Trading Post.
Trader Bob stands here with his hands on his hips. A bizarre, grey crow flies here with wings spread. Tau Llaewell, Enur Il'dal is here. She wields the Stinger of Kxzirnix in her left hand and Nek'sha-cree, the Grim Claws in her right. Salome Nightshade, the Sublime Aphotia blackens the area here with the cold presence of Mother Night. She wields an athame dagger in her left hand and a sinuous whip of conquered shadows in her right. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see a single exit leading out (open door).
[ (v811) @ Avechna's Peak] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of a janitor coming in to clean the bright blue algae plugging up the nearest filtration vent. Do you know where the filtration vent might be?."

[spoiler]Plugged filtration vent.
A pulsing brain floats nearby, bobbing gently in the current.
You see exits leading north, west, and northwest.
[ (v31372) @ the Secret Laboratories of Xeeth] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of scaling a treachorously ice-covered cliff face with few handholds. Do you know where the base of this icy cliff might be?."

[spoiler]A steep cliff-face.
Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. Breaking through the dimensions, a planar rift slashes through the air here. Smoke curling from her nostrils, a bone white nightmare paws impatiently at the purple mist roiling beneath her hooves. Brother Xannon m'Viraz, Dingo-bane is here, shrouded. He wields a golden whip of the pious in his left hand and a bloody symbol of pain in his right.
You see a single exit leading southwest.
[ (v10746) @ Snow Valley] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of an ursine woman, the unexpected scientist - desperate to pull back the veil to see the truth. Do you know where the secrets high above might be?."

[spoiler]Outside the sleeping chambers.
Held together by sheer luck, a roughly constructed analysis machine sits upon the ground. Piera stands here, arms crossed as she looks about herself with a frown.
You see exits leading south and up.
[ (v13346) @ Irshaw Heights] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of surrounded by several palm trees, giving them the needed privacy from bums and children. Do you know where this wall of palm trees might be?."

[spoiler]Behind a wall of palm trees.
Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. There are 2 scuttling crabs here. A beach mongrel sniffs at the ground as he wanders about here.
You see exits leading southeast and southwest.
[ (v9243) @ the Toronada Tidal Flats] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of being forever damned to captain this vessel, long since rottened worse than its crew. Do you know where the Captain's cabin might be?."

[spoiler]Within the submerged cabin of the ship's Captain.
You see a single exit leading out (open door).
[ (v3589) @ the Emperor's Glory ] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of running around a mirrored hall, lost for a seeming eternity with no company but the torturous reflections around them. Do you know where the hall of mirrors might be?."

[spoiler]Hall of Mirrors.
Heavy fog clings to everything around you.
You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest, up, and down.
[ (v11957) @ the Floating Island of the Forgotten ] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of wandering, lost and confused, among groups of craters in twos and threes. Do you know where a group of three craters might be?."

[spoiler]Patch of land between three craters.
You see exits leading northeast, south, and northwest.
[ (v5562) @ the Blasted Land ] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of worshipping at a small altar to a Great Spirit. Do you know where this altar might be?."

[spoiler]A small altar.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Wrapped in prayer, Sandy Storm paces here with gossamer white robes.
You see exits leading north and west.
[ (v13604) @ the Scorpion Caverns ] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of walking slowly down a mural-covered hallway, pausing in front of a representation of a radiant being made of mist. Do you know where the mural might be?."

[spoiler]Before an almighty mural venerating Vestera.
You see exits leading east, south, and west.
[ (v37664) @ The Emerald Enclave ] [/spoiler]

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth says, "I sense someone has recently dreamed of ...my dreams! The memories of my dreams, I can see them! They're...within a golden disc which has an...eye, of some sort. It seems to be...watching...my dreams? That is all I can sense.... Do you know where this golden disc might be?."

[spoiler]The Cave of Beauty.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Grandly stretched along the wall here is a tapestry of the Children of Yudhe. A stately mahogany throne stands here, humbled by its ornate tripartite backrest. A square book with an engraved, nut-brown oaken cover lies here, a colourful bookmark trailing from between its pages. The Seal of Beauty slowly spins in the air here, humming with latent power. A jewelled watch depicting the meeting of two Elder Gods has been left here, sparkling with every caress of ambient light. Wrought of honeyed gold and starlight bright, this slender band lies here forlornly warding off the night. A beautiful, lush garden grows here.
You see a single exit leading out.
[ (v7333) @ Avechna's Peak ] [/spoiler]

DONE!! Now for the naming conventions. It was bugged but i got a chance to run through a bunch of them accidentally haha, below.

[spoiler]A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth exclaims, "My dreams! My memories!"
Causing the eye in the golden disc to blink rapidly, a fountain of twinkling, flashing dreammotes erupts from the air here. The dreammotes contain visions ranging from friends and family to small heroes vanquishing assorted monsters.
A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth rises up in the air a bit, the swaddling cloth falling away as the fountain of dreammotes enter the teddy bear's mind.
A teddy bear named Smokey Pooh exclaims, "I can remember who I am! I am Smokey Pooh!"

A teddy bear named Bear Rupert exclaims, "I can remember who I am! I am Bear Rupert!"

Bear Oliver
Rolly Patches
Gentle Vincent
Baby Lars
Sunny Paw
Furry Patches
Velveteen Pooky
Bear Charlie
Teddy Jasper
Teddy Bear
Rough Pooky
Rough Jasper
Rolly Fozzie
Sleepy Geoff
Fluffy Fozzie
Fluffy Oliver
Little Smokey
Rough Geoff
Sooty Paw
Rolly Charlie
Sunny Theodore
Furry Pooky
Old Oliver
Fuzzy Teddy
Sooty Rupert
Silky Sebastion
Baby Oliver
Fuzzy Paw
Smokey Oliver
Furry Winkie
Little Cornelius
Sooty Ben
Rough Benjamin
Rough Jasper
Sunny Zed
Silky Rupert
Old Geoff
Smokey Winkie
Furry Wally
Teddy Pooky
Rough Andy
Little Aloysius
Dreamy Smokey
Rolly Sebastion
Fluffy Oliver
Sleepy Vincent
Teddy Charlie
Sooty Fozzie
Gentle Geoff
Silky Geoff
Rough Winkie
Grizzly Benjamin
Sunny Geoff
Silky Pooh
Rolly Sebastion
[/spoiler]

A teddy bear named Baby Cornelius exclaims, "I can remember who I am! I am Baby Cornelius!"

You give a teddy bear named Baby Cornelius a friendly cuddle.
Snuggling into the cuddle, a teddy bear named Baby Cornelius exclaims, "I'm so glad to have the memories of my own dreams back instead of other people's dreams!"

Frowning slightly, a teddy bear named Baby Cornelius says, "Though I still do sort of remember the dream someone had of running around a mirrored hall, lost for a seeming eternity with no company but the torturous reflections around them..."

Please don't frown, smile baby Cornelius, CUDDLES AWAIT YOU.

Comments

• You give a teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth a friendly cuddle.

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth exclaims, "My dreams! My memories!"

Causing the eye in the golden disc to blink rapidly, a fountain of twinkling, flashing dreammotes
    erupts from the air here. The dreammotes contain visions ranging from friends and family to small
    heroes vanquishing assorted monsters.

A teddy bear smothered by swaddling cloth rises up in the air a bit, the swaddling cloth falling
    away as the fountain of dreammotes enter the teddy bear's mind.

A teddy bear named Silky Teddy exclaims, "I can remember who I am! I am Silky Teddy!"

You give a teddy bear named Silky Teddy a friendly cuddle.
    Snuggling into the cuddle, a teddy bear named Silky Teddy exclaims, "I'm so glad to have the
    memories of my own dreams back instead of other people's dreams!"

Frowning slightly, a teddy bear named Silky Teddy says, "Though I still do sort of remember the
    dream someone had of standing one mis-step away from splashing into a bottomless pool, heart racing
    as slithering noises echo about the cavern walls..."

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2015
    I renamed mine once, and got "Grizzly Zed".  I am satisfied with this.
  • sold out :'(
  • Who thought the bears would be so popular! They're restocked.
  • edited October 2015
    A teddy bear named Fluffy Wally exclaims, "I can remember who I am! I am Fluffy Wally!"
  • Are the teddy names just random ones?
    Cuz I was hoping to name mine lil' Karlach or Lil' Xenthos.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Are the teddy names just random ones?
    Cuz I was hoping to name mine lil' Karlach or Lil' Xenthos.

You don't choose your own name - the bear remembers what its name is when you either complete the clues or put gold into it.
  • Where is the snow valley? Like near rikenfriez or somewhere else?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Snow Valley is that snow-filled place between Rikenfriez and Avechna's Teeth with all the angry cats and bunnies and mammoths.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.