Oh Gods not Another "Help me!" Thread

After fiddling with mm I've seen that you can color people but when I do mmconfig gaudiguchcolor red it changes the color to red but no one from gaudiguch is highlighted. Why?
Your numbers today are:

Comments

• Have you clicked on the highlighting button next to it?
  • I've got it now!f
    Your numbers today are:
  • Okay! How would I make an alias when I type lust to outd lust and fling lust at target, also how would I make a targeting alias to use universally?
    Your numbers today are:
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Super common question. I'm going to make a screen cast or something to cover the mudlet basics I think.
  • To give a more immediate answer:

Alias for targeting
    Pattern: ^t (\w+)$
    Script:
    target = matches[2]

Alias to outd lust and fling at target
    Pattern: ^lust$
    Script:
    send("outd lust")
    send("fling lust at " .. target)

For this script since you use mmf you may want to consider using the following instead, which makes use of the mmf queues:
    mm.doaddfree("outd lust")
    mm.doadd("fling lust at " .. target)

As you might tell, with the targeting alias setting whatever you want to the variable "target", you can do a similar alias for anything else you might have in mind.
  • Is there a way I can make the target a color?
    Your numbers today are:
  • Kilee said:
    Is there a way I can make the target a color?

Put this at the end of the targeting alias. Change the "gold" to whatever colour you want. You can see what colours are available by putting "lua showColors()" without the quotes into the command line in Mudlet (where you put in any other command)

if hltar then killTrigger(hltar) end

hltar = tempTrigger(target, [[selectString("]] .. target .. [[", 1) fg("gold") deselect() resetFormat()]])

• Huh, good questions.Thanks for answers.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: