Majanishi v. Valar #2

http://www.logsty.com/logs/0eTBh

This one was meant to be alias testing as I switched from what I was doing in my previous spar against Valar, which was using two or three aliases over and over again hitting the same areas, to setting it up so that I could easily hit anywhere, with poisons, double, and assess each time. I think I'm going to gag the assess output so that it doesn't muck up the logs and stops being annoying in the spar itself.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow

Comments

• What I do with assess is that I gag all the lines with "* Right arm has no wounds." but leave anything with negligible and above wounds. You can't assess off balance, so you can feel free to spam it, you'll only get huge stacks when you're hindered and don't notice until you've hit your attack alias 50 times, which doesn't happen all that often.

Don't gag assess, it helps when you review your logs.

You need to know when you're getting bleed pressured and need to heal up. Spam shield if you have to. Once a BM gets you sipping for mana while still managing to keep a significant bleed on you, you're in trouble because you're either not applying healing or you're not sipping health/mana to stop the bleed damage. It's not difficult to counter it by going defensive. Stop attacking, put up shield once or twice, and make him waste balance and lose time by hitting your parry, stance, and having to raze or hit your rebound and shield. The breather should be enough to sip mana twice or so, clot away the bleed as well as prevent more affs coming in. Then your can go back on the offensive.

On the same note, you're hitting shield a lot yourself. You need either big echoes to warn you to use your raze, or automate it by tracking when rebound/shield comes up and having your attack alias automatically raze.

• Lerad, thanks for taking the time to comment on both - much appreciated :)

I think I'll do the interactive gagging that you suggest, taking out the no wounds messages and only leaving messages that have some wounds. I won't gag the whole thing.

In recent times this is my second spar. Before my last slumber (in 2010) I sparred 5-6 times with some very combat oriented people (Chalcedony, Tredian, Aerys etc.) but didn't have the knowledge of offense that I have now. So I'm still very new to recognizing different kill methods. And while I have both Iasmos and Rivius to get combat instruction from, they don't have tons of time :(

So bleed pressure, I'm guessing, is a strong offense against someone who doesn't know what it is really. The ways to handle it are to see that you are getting bled for a lot, and when it gets particularly rough to heal up, stand still and shield, sip a couple times and let reflexes patch me up, and then get back into - perhaps right after one of the enemy's attacks so that his shield is down and he is off balance.

And yeah, I noticed that I was hitting rebounding a lot. The homebrew system I'm using doesn't highlight 100% of the shield messages so I forget to check occasionally. In this log I was razing more often, and did it a couple times when he wasn't shielded, but one missed hit and one on hit (raze + smash left or something) is way better than two attempted hits that hit rebounding and are reflected back to me.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
  • edited March 2013
    Don't stop and shield, it breaks up your own offense too much. Especially against another warrior, because when you're not swinging, he's healing too. If you're in trouble, fight your way out with knockdown, knockdown/wind, or knockdown/stun, all with mantakaya/dulak, or maybe niricol/dulak. This both furthers your own offense and breaks up your opponents, which is more bang for your buck.

(Also, read my bonecrusher guide.)
  • Where can I find your bonecrusher guide? Would love to see it.

• It was on my old (and dead) computer, but Rivius should have a copy.
  • I'll ask him for it, thanks!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    It was on my old (and dead) computer, but Rivius should have a copy.
    You shouldn't have sacrificed it.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"